Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Ver.) Spec + Pi

I don't think 320 is all that bad, sure it's not great but it sure does beat some of the 400$ price iron man figures. Even though I could do without the star scream wings, Optimus has been depicted quite a bit with wings and a jet pack, such as beast wars and transformers prime, so I feel this set makes sense, it just doesn't make sense as the "Star Scream" edition. Call it jet pack optimus prime or something like that. Still, I am excited for this and I will be ordering him when he pops up.

Re: Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Ver.) Spec + Pi

I don't think 320 is all that bad, sure it's not great but it sure does beat some of the 400$ price iron man figures. Even though I could do without the star scream wings, Optimus has been depicted quite a bit with wings and a jet pack, such as beast wars and transformers prime, so I feel this set makes sense, it just doesn't make sense as the "Star Scream" edition. Call it jet pack optimus prime or something like that. Still, I am excited for this and I will be ordering him when he pops up.
Yeah man $320/is a great price. I was scared otd be like $400+

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Lol. Have reached the point when $320 is not bad???? It's disgusting!

But yeah, whatdoyoudo. Getting both versions anyway.

Lol. Have reached the point when $320 is not bad???? It's disgusting!

But yeah, whatdoyoudo. Getting both versions anyway.
Yeah considering the prices of some of their other stuff, like someone mentioned their Ironman crap

Well then, $320....I'll just grab the MP-10 and send it in for repaint.

Well then, $320....I'll just grab the MP-10 and send it in for repaint.

I would love to pick up the MP-10, but considering it's up to $350+ on ebay and a quality repaint sells for around $700 I'll have to pass up the MP-10 for now. As I read some where else, this is pretty much a Masterpiece revoltech and I think it's awesome. I am tempted by the MP-10 but with hot toys know jumping into the fray I think I just might go with Hot toys offerings going forward. IF MP-10 get's rereleased I'll pick it up but for $350 bucks it's a tough pill to take.

Don't care for Prime but if they do Starscream I'll definitely buy, maybe even a Megatron as well. Would also like Soundwave and Shockwave but might be getting too ambitious now.

Would love a Starscream tho, especially as I think MP11 is a rubbish mold.

Don't care for Prime but if they do Starscream I'll definitely buy, maybe even a Megatron as well. Would also like Soundwave and Shockwave but might be getting too ambitious now.

Would love a Starscream tho, especially as I think MP11 is a rubbish mold.

I don't see how Hot Toys doesn't make all those. As people have said there's Iron Man like potential for this line, how many different characters can you make from the same mold that you know people will buy. I wouldn't buy everything but I'd pick up the big name characters for sure.

heres a good size comparison

10465436_750520651653455_6060978705789859275_o.jpg

10547316_750520904986763_1386444626222511098_o.jpg

^looks good, but I just want Starscream really. Wish they'd gone a little bigger tbh.

I would love to pick up the MP-10, but considering it's up to $350+ on ebay and a quality repaint sells for around $700 I'll have to pass up the MP-10 for now. As I read some where else, this is pretty much a Masterpiece revoltech and I think it's awesome. I am tempted by the MP-10 but with hot toys know jumping into the fray I think I just might go with Hot toys offerings going forward. IF MP-10 get's rereleased I'll pick it up but for $350 bucks it's a tough pill to take.

MP-10 is getting re-re-reissued again soon, I hear. If what you want is an excellent rendition of Prime, I suggest you wait for it. It was originally $250, around what, two years ago or more? He was never cheap.

Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Ver.) Spec ...

Yeah, it should've been bigger, like the size of a 1/4 figure (not him actually being in 1/4, mind you! Lol)

Still, he will look great with the rest of my G1 Primes. BRING IT.

Yeah, it should've been bigger, like the size of a 1/4 figure (not him actually being in 1/4, mind you! Lol)

Still, he will look great with the rest of my G1 Primes. BRING IT.
Seriously i was thinking the same thing. Like at least 20-24". Not too big but enough that he doesn't look as big as Agent ****ing Coulson. Even 16-20" I could've lived with

The size is turning me off a little. :( (lol)

A LOTTLE for me! This went a DEFINITE buy to a lemme think about it now. Just don't want it to look like a regular figure that you get lime the Masterpieces, I thought it'd really have some presence to it at a larger size. I would've paid more!

A LOTTLE for me! This went a DEFINITE buy to a lemme think about it now. Just don't want it to look like a regular figure that you get lime the Masterpieces, I thought it'd really have some presence to it at a larger size. I would've paid more!

If you want to pay more, there's always the Ultimetal version. IMO the definitive prime to have as far as shelf presence is concerned.

Back