1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pops got a remake..

stan-lee-sixth-scale-hot-toys-feature-902580.jpg

This guy just arrived last night. While he is "bare bones" on accessories the figure is very nice in hand and a definite must have if you are an Arnold fan. Though I am going to display mine with the battle damaged head. I think the regular head just makes the figure way too plain.

The body for this is completely different from the crotch piece up.

There is just no size consistency from figure to figure with this toy company. Guardian's internal proportions are pretty good, I think maybe he should be a bit more puffed out frontally (i.e fatter) but otherwise fine. The problem is it's old Arnie and he's taller than all the younger Arnies. If anything he should be shorter. And of course the headsculpt is noticeably bigger than anything between MMS01/02 and DX13. At least the neck is suitably thick for this sculpt unlike MMS238.

what's with the arms?

_52.jpg

p.s. that "aging terminator" never sounded more stupid than with those fat sides photo. i said it before and i'll say it again - meat+skin =/= organism with aging and fat storage program. whoever made that up thinks everybody is dumb.

you replaced all 136s arms with 238s, buying bodies only for arms? o_O

No, unless a figure specifically needed a double-jointed elbow for a particular pose I didn't just switch out every arm. Most of my arm-swapping was finding the cleanest arms to use on T-shirted or sleeveless vest figures.

Although I do remember buying 2 bodies just for the MMS117 and MMS136 chest muscle piece.

The body for this is completely different from the crotch piece up.

There is just no size consistency from figure to figure with this toy company. Guardian's internal proportions are pretty good, I think maybe he should be a bit more puffed out frontally (i.e fatter) but otherwise fine. The problem is it's old Arnie and he's taller than all the younger Arnies. If anything he should be shorter. And of course the headsculpt is noticeably bigger than anything between MMS01/02 and DX13. At least the neck is suitably thick for this sculpt unlike MMS238.

I think some of the inconsistency comes from HT trying to capture the real time accuracy of the actor's physique. In this case note the mid section is bigger and most of the back definition is gone and the V shape of the lats to oblique's is gone. Not saying HT doesn't make their fair share of mistakes on proportions etc.

I think some of the inconsistency comes from HT trying to capture the real time accuracy of the actor's physique. In this case note the mid section is bigger and most of the back definition is gone and the V shape of the lats to oblique's is gone. Not saying HT doesn't make their fair share of mistakes on proportions etc.

That doesn't explain the taller/shorter figures....unless Arnold has gotten taller in his old age!

I understand that and kudos. But in doing that there's no getting away from the fact that they also made him bigger and taller than figures based on Arnie in his prime - which might be fine if they intend to revisit all the other ones but I doubt that's the case.

I just snagged a Terminator Guardian figure body on ebay. I will swap the MMS238 head, clothes and etc onto the Guardian body.

Not sure what I will for the blood wound in the chest area yet.

I've finally received my grey hairs Guardian head :

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
b43c878515cc7f71bbf8f59b8c474894.jpg
7f22a27ba1432ea718b7f0dd9b2a1ae6.jpg
85ccf68626c4d9c92a77befee8415be1.jpg
880e0cee4a0875e4506de0950c972b08.jpg
029ad51fa8e97bd18c4bbbef739605fc.jpg

I feel obliged to pick this up, although it just seems so dull. A half-hearted effort I'd say. Not a fan of the clothing on this either. Does the hood sit well when up? I'd be interested to see pics. Their endo does look good, but I'm going for the Chronicle statues. so will probably pick up an older Endo.
Seems to be a lack of T2 high-end stuff these days - we need a new T2 statue!

I understand that and kudos. But in doing that there's no getting away from the fact that they also made him bigger and taller than figures based on Arnie in his prime - which might be fine if they intend to revisit all the other ones but I doubt that's the case.

True, but again I think this was back when every figure was 12 inch and now they are trying to go on a true 1/6 scale. Just my thoughts not saying I am right.

And on a side note I tip my hat to your Terminator collection. If you put your collection in the same room with P.'s collection it would be the ultimate Terminator tribute.

Back