1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's times like this when I wish figure were more set at a affordable and reasonable price. This figure turned out fantastic would love to have in collection but I can't drop over $350 CAN

I'm undecided if this is in fact nailed but it does appear to correct a major peeve I have with the DX10 and DX13, the back of his skull seems more accurately shaped. Though it could just be this hairstyle. The hairline on his temples is more accurate than DX13 as far as I can see.

Yeah, just don't know about this one. I'm afraid if I buy it, sure I'll like it at first and I'll justify it to myself, but later when I'm having money frustrations it'll be an immediate For Sale candidate and I won't be able to give it away....Hmmm.
I admittedly don't have any of the previous iterations (sadly, my grail is arguably a battle damaged T-800) since I got into 1/6th after Hot Toys Terminator was a thing. But from pictures and creeping the threads, I definitely feel like this likeness "pops" (no pun intended) Arnold way better. If we are simply asking a comparison of, for example DX10's Sculpt to 1993 Arnold vs. Pops Sculpt to 2015 Arnold, then the latter is a more accurate piece. But I think you get the final say here, as you've got the ultimate Terminator set up haha!

As far as whether to get the figure? I don't think waiting a bit will hurt you. I suspect you'll get it eventually for completion purposes, and because of that I don't think you would offload it. In a pinch you're always going to find a buyer if you're willing to go down in price a bit.

Ended up pre ordering 3 of this baby and have another extra flying from Hong Kong right now.

My advice to those who hate Genisys the film (I like it, but being the guy who loves Arnold's Terminator , I am very BIASED) :

Treat this well made figure as a concept figure as opposed to something out of a film
I know for sure 2 out of those 4 is going to be modded ( dry bush the hair to grey, kiboshing the arm to an endo , extra damages & so forth )

although Arnold is old, he still has very good articulation! :clap

arn 2.jpg
arn 1.jpg

This sculpt's better than MMS238. :gah:
any sculpt is better than MMS238.
If we are simply asking a comparison of, for example DX10's Sculpt to 1993 Arnold vs. Pops Sculpt to 2015 Arnold

======================

the figure looks great. as well as the gynysys skeleton. such a pity that normal terminators get low or none treatment while these get a top work.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would imagine a lot of those would excite us old timers. Which makes me think..who can afford these but us old timers? Anyway..was kinda looking forward to the final faze of Marvel so we could maybe get back to things like those. The true classics. But then they had to go and get Star Wars which i'm kinda cool with I guess. I got a couple. Not confident at this point the new DC movies are going to turn into Marvel madness.

To stay on topic Pops is a decent looking figure i guess. But I see just as much of Jones as most.

And I absolutely hated the film with passion.

^yep! Especially the cast of this movie was absolutely horrifying! (The cast of especially T1 was what made it a classic!) ...And I still can't shake off Arnolds smile - I never want to see that again!
... But the figure looks good - though very bare boned. Kind of hard to see how this and the mms238 could be priced the same...

Last edited:
Fancied a break from all the SW goodness and have ordered an Arnie to photograph. I think this turned out brilliant, can't wait to see it in hand and I really enjoyed this film too.

Just for the record here... Tommy Lee Jones in sunglasses from MIB actually looks pretty darned similar to current day Arnold in sunglasses from Terminator Genisys in real life-

tommyarnold.jpg

So if you see a similarity on the figure likeness, it really isn't a bad thing. In fact, it would be kinda weird if you didn't see similarities given their real life counterparts. :)

Sallah

Yeah that's an all new body, I wonder if Arnie approves of the love handles?

I ordered 1 from Timcent last night. So Hopefully should have the fig soon.

They made a slight effort to make it look like his old man torso although the arms and legs look much the same as always, I would have preferred an increased leathery and veiny look to the arms and hands.

The Endo arm would of been a nice option with damaged jacket.

Terminator-Genisys-footage.jpg

My big disappointment is its a really bare bones release. I wonder if we will get an older/grey Arnie with more battle damage?

I guess it was just a coincidence announcing the Genisys Endo just before the T-800 was released.

Also I think HT could of been a bit more imaginative with the stand design & make a pavement looking base for the scene where old Arnie battles young Arnie instead of the left over DX13 stand they've given us.

The Endo arm would of been a nice option with damaged jacket.

Terminator-Genisys-footage.jpg

My big disappointment is its a really bare bones release. I wonder if we will get an older/grey Arnie with more battle damage?

I guess it was just a coincidence announcing the Genisys Endo just before the T-800 was released.

I presume, as with NECA, they didn't get sufficient reference material at an early enough stage. Still, was just thinking it'd be cool if they could provide an additional endoskeleton arm with the actual endoskeleton figure that could work with the Guardian T-800. Sorta like how Enterbay provided accessories with their BD T-800 which were clearly meant to be used with their earlier clean T-800 figure.

Alas I don't think that's going to happen, and there'll probably not be any more Genisys figures unless this figure and the endo prove to be wildly more successful than we're assuming.

Also I think HT could of been a bit more imaginative with the stand design & make a pavement looking base for the scene where old Arnie battles young Arnie instead of the left over DX13 stand they've given us.

Agreed, it's actually a pretty weak release beyond the novelty of the old man Arnie sculpts. A licensed jacket may have cost them money but if we're paying for a tiny logo somewhere I think a new scene-specific stand would have more visibility and thus would have been more worthwhile.

Back