1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT I salute you.
somebody with a short, small, old, wrincled face cosplays Schwarzenegger :)

maxresdefault.jpg

genisys-schwarzenegger-1280jpg-991102_1280w.jpg

arnold-schwarzenegger-7591.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

terminator-genisys-arnold.png

TERMINATOR-GENISYS-7.png

not a single feature reminding of the original face.

When my sisters two boys come over, they nag me constantly to see my collection 'Uncle Matt can we please see your men' I always have to show them my collection room and tell them who is who in the collection, this is quite tedious but what are you gonna do?
Then its out with the Pledge to get rid of all their sticky finger prints on my glass cabinets. :gah:

hahaha but men this is so sweet, it also helps them to get into the 80 & 90's world lol

This is actually a great sculpt and depiction of an aging Arnie with a thick full hairline, paramoremcr88 pictures show it's a great likeness as far as im concerned. It's perfectly acceptable as an aged T2/current Arnie, although it is a tad too old for the 84 period shown in T:G though.

Arnie in T:G for 84 and 2017 was wigged and inconsistently shown, de-aged and overaged at points in those respective time periods and stages in production imo, via cgi and/or make-up, throw in movie lighting and angles etc as well and pictures and clips used as reference were probably inconsistent at best to use, having said that sculpt turned out to be a fairly well done aged T2-esque Arnie.

Im a huge fan of of Arnie and have seen near daily shots of him over the last 3-5 years on set or in public and he can look fairly chiseled, youthful and close to how we all remember him or he can look shockingly old, sagging, haggard and a shell of how he used to look, depends on multiple factors, mood, style, hair and lighting etc.

Wow, I'm actually impressed with this. Maybe "pops" will be good to add to my Hot Toys/Enterbay collection afterall..

The structure and aging are pretty good, there is no question who it is in all shots i have seen of it and has more positives than negatives with the sculpture.

wpid-11013465_771457926300144_2790714878632155092_o.jpg

download.axd

maxresdefault.jpg

arnold.jpg
CBTc9iZU8AAMQz3.png:large

gS0rED2P8w0.jpg

C497954D730793BCFCA7469009960796.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

02_news_thm.jpg

amasing sculpt! spot on! captures the character perfectly. must have for any MIB fan.

will-smith-agent-j-and-tommy-lee-jones-agent.jpg

tommy-lee-jones-7.jpg

men_in_black_3_jones-220.jpg

4624125.jpg

MB1_7138.jpg

the prototype's jacket looks way too short. glad that HT has improved it.
much better now.

prototype:
t800 prototype.jpg

final product:
t800 final.jpg

amasing sculpt! spot on! captures the character perfectly. must have for any MIB fan.

The pics you posted show how much the head DOESN'T look like Tommy Lee Jones actually. If you think the head is SO far off from old Arnie... I am really not sure how you can say it looks that much like Tommy Lee. The sculpt is way, WAY closer to Arnie than it is TLJ. Like by a mile.

The only time it really looks similar is when it has glasses on... And that is because current day Arnold in glasses resembles MB Tommy Lee Jones in glasses more than some folks may acknowledge.

tommyarnold.jpg

So the sculpt looks similar to someone that Arnold looks similar to. That isn't really anything to go into fits over. If it didn't look similar, that would be cause for concern.

Sallah

Why is this thread turning from enjoyment of the figure to trying to convince P. it looks like Arnie? If you think it does and are happy to admire it or buy it, who cares what P. thinks, it's clear Arnie himself could post a vid here and say "Dahz my fachin face dare." and P. would still say it isn't. I'm all for using photography to show off the quality of a figure and maybe sway opinions, but clearly at this point there's no changing P.'s.

If you are happy with the figure that is all that matters at this point. Who cares what others think about it. If you like it then good. I think it's a darn good sculpt and will pick this figure up at some point when funds are available. It's a must have for the Terminator and Arnold fans just as is myself. It will enter my collection and will never leave. Anything Arnie related never leaves but stays.

Why is this thread turning from enjoyment of the figure to trying to convince P. it looks like Arnie? If you think it does and are happy to admire it or buy it, who cares what P. thinks, it's clear Arnie himself could post a vid here and say "Dahz my fachin face dare." and P. would still say it isn't. I'm all for using photography to show off the quality of a figure and maybe sway opinions, but clearly at this point there's no changing P.'s.

Well... One could look at it the other way and say is a thread of P trying to convince everyone else that it looks like TLJ. ;) I was just responding to that point.

I love the sculpt. Can't wait to own it.

Sallah

If anything, every photo of Arnold P. posted increases my intent to own this guy. And the collection of paramore's headshots further that. I just wish he came kitted out with a broader selection of accessories.

Thanks guys, glad you like the shots. Seems some folks just don't know a good sculpt when they see one.

Back