1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP to what would have been the most epic 1/4 figure ever.

I don't even know what number they're at with the QS figures. I assume the rest are Iron Man and Star Wars and good luck to anything else getting a look-in now.

I sure would love a T1 Arnie though, preferably Tech Noir for me.

I don't even know what number they're at with the QS figures. I assume the rest are Iron Man and Star Wars and good luck to anything else getting a look-in now.

I sure would love a T1 Arnie though, preferably Tech Noir for me.

I think Boba Fett is only their third to have been released so far. But yeah, upcoming is only Iron Man and Star Wars right now. The window for a 1/4 Terminator from HT is now likely closed for good.

I understand the point you're making about gradients of colour and that being a ''meh'' thing to you but the simple fact is that small gradients of shape are also hard to distinguish. It's a two sides of the same coin scenario. People failing to see a difference in the shape of a Predator's mandibles for example is no more inexplicable than you not caring that Robocop's colour is wrong. It's the same, except you care more about one thing while they care more about a different thing.
what i generally mean is the difference between "the sculpt is well done" and "the sculpt is spot on".
for example, P1 armor was well done, though not spot on - many mistakes in shape and sizes.
Classic's armor was terribly done, thus making the question about "spot on" not so interesting.
this head is "well done".
but it's sometimes called "spot on".
doing so means not ignoring details but missing details.
in Robocop case i ignore the mistakes of color and miss mistakes of shape (don't know if there are any because didn't study the suit).
in Terminator cases (all of them) i (try to) ignore the mistakes in shape though see at least half of them (compared to you).

This one cannot be the perfect Arnold sculpt since the MMS238 is. Amiright, P?
MMS238 is the best sculpt of some unknown person i've ever seen!

Last edited:
what i generally mean is the difference between "the sculpt is well done" and "the sculpt is spot on".
for example, P1 armor was well done, though not spot on - many mistakes in shape and sizes.
Classic's armor was terribly done, thus making the question about "spot on" not so interesting.
this head is "well done".
but it's sometimes called "spot on".
doing so means not ignoring details but missing details.
in Robocop case i ignore the mistakes of color and miss mistakes of shape (don't know if there are any because didn't study the suit).
in Terminator cases (all of them) i (try to) ignore the mistakes in shape though see at least half of them (compared to you).

MMS238 is the best sculpt of some unknown person i've ever seen!

Good post. I agree that something can be well done but nevertheless be incorrect. And I know that people, me included, can allow ''well done'' to influence us so much that we actually miss something that is wrong, even so wrong as to later make us wonder how in the hell we didn't see it before. I'm sure I was blown away by MMS117 when it was first shown - it was of a quality not seen before on a Terminator toy, the first of the Hot Toys line when they officially got the license and thus the excitement factor was huge. Years later I see that figure as a mess - terribly inaccurate proportions, the toadface etc etc. And although I replaced all those bodies and heads with DX10 bodies and heads, I still wish I could replace those because there's all kinds of things wrong with them too.

DX13, likewise, I have various issues with that now that I would have overlooked when it was brand new. MMS238 - I'm definitely not as harsh on it as you are but I agree those sculpts should have been better - overly large heads, overly round, overly soft, no resemblance in the eyes (err...eye) etc etc. I don't think I really committed to those views until after I had the figure though. The proportions being wrong was as much as I was willing to say based on early pics alone. The rest came to me later.

This Guardian T-800 will probably follow that pattern. So far :dunno mainly I'm excited to get a new figure and I'm giving it some benefit of the doubt because I'm far less used to looking at old Arnie than T2 era Arnie. I don't feel so qualified to say ''nope, that's not him'' or ''WTF is with his hair again?!'' and I'm running with the proven general recognition factor that it has.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm a great one to have around to point out flaws when it's too late and nothing can be done. Captain hindsight at your service.

Man that would be KILLER.. (pun intended).

I'm not really into the 1/4 scale stuff, but I'd be hard pressed not wanting one of those for myself.

Wouldn't it just. The Terminator at his biggest in the first and most unique look. That punk jacket at 1:4 with the chain and hopefully the studs in a more accurate scale. And if it came with all the same weapons and alternate parts as MMS136 that'd be just dandy.

A lot of debate on this guy but it honestly came out really good. I agree though very light on the accessories for the price point and the sculpt doesn't match the 80's guardian look more of the 2017 look without the white hair so a little off but still a killer sculpt. For me I would love to get this and hopefully will at some point when funds are available.

Yeah would of liked an Endo arm included & damaged jacket for the scene in which the T-800 holds the T-1000 under the acid shower.
Would I buy any other Genisys figs:

T-1000 nope, Robert Patrick was the best T-1000 in T2, nuff said.

Kyle Reese, So its a choice between Michael Biehn or Jai Courtney, well there is no choice then.

I actually thought Emilia Clarke was pretty good in the role of Sarah, So I might pick up a figure of her, if HT made her?

Jason Clarke as John Connor. Sorry but every time he came on screen all I could think of was Mrs Doubtfire mid transformation, sorry Jason.

Genisys Endo, well its an Endo, so there is a good chance I will get this.

Last edited:
I think it might just be pointless for me to make predictions on what I would and wouldn't buy.....

Last edited:
I get that. I do that alot and ended up with alot of figures. Made me realise i needed to cut back and only get those i really wanted. Easier said than done of course.

It really is. I can sell off almost all my collection and wouldnt regret it. Now i go through the process of delay till the novelty wears off and i dont buy it(works sometimes). Everytime a new cool figure appears for PO, my brain says you know you want it. Then my rational side (who stands alone and wants to be part of the rest of my brain) says yea maybe you do.. damn the boy in me!
The easiest way for me to not buy is to tell my significant other. She will say no 90% of the time.

To chime in, l find it helps when l think of my display.
I find less is more when it comes to quality. So if it would add to the quality of my display area, I'd get it. If it will just make things look cluttered, and isn't something that's iconic....it's an easy pass.
Also, when guests come over they would recognize T2 Arnold and oogle it quicker than they would the Guardian.

So far I've been doing great and am even contemplating selling off some stuff. Oh, and if l have to store something in a bin it is most likely going to be sold soon after.

Yeah would of liked an Endo arm included & damaged jacket for the scene in which the T-800 holds the T-1000 under the acid shower.
Would I buy any other Genisys figs:

T-1000 nope, Robert Patrick was the best T-1000 in T2, nuff said.

Kyle Reese, So its a choice between Michael Biehn or Jai Courtney, well there is no choice then.

I actually thought Emilia Clarke was pretty good in the role of Sarah, So I might pick up a figure of her, if HT made her?

Jason Clarke as John Connor. Sorry but every time he came on screen all I could think of was Mrs Doubtfire mid transformation, sorry Jason.

Genisys Endo, well its an Endo, so there is a good chance I will get this.

I couldn't have said it any better... :goodpost:

To chime in, l find it helps when l think of my display.
I find less is more when it comes to quality. So if it would add to the quality of my display area, I'd get it. If it will just make things look cluttered, and isn't something that's iconic....it's an easy pass.
Also, when guests come over they would recognize T2 Arnold and oogle it quicker than they would the Guardian.

So far I've been doing great and am even contemplating selling off some stuff. Oh, and if l have to store something in a bin it is most likely going to be sold soon after.

When my sisters two boys come over, they nag me constantly to see my collection 'Uncle Matt can we please see your men' I always have to show them my collection room and tell them who is who in the collection, this is quite tedious but what are you gonna do?
Then its out with the Pledge to get rid of all their sticky finger prints on my glass cabinets. :gah:

Wouldn't it just. The Terminator at his biggest in the first and most unique look. That punk jacket at 1:4 with the chain and hopefully the studs in a more accurate scale. And if it came with all the same weapons and alternate parts as MMS136 that'd be just dandy.
I'm just glad I got the mms 136 when it was released.

Good luck getting that for a fair price now. :lol

Back