1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bit of hope is that I won't get charged, I seem to remember the last time it happened I got away not having to pay anything....which I found a ''happy'' weird at the time.

Yeah, they may not charge, that has happened to me before.
I thought it was just UK customs that were a pain in the @ss, seems like Ireland is no better.

Aaaarrgggh!!! ''Sent to Customs''

Well, in the first place I'm surprised it's already in Ireland but it's frustrating on 2 counts - A) I may be getting charged something here and B) Unless it just speeds right on through, Paddy's Day on Thursday will delay it further.

Dunno why this one goes to customs and not others from Timcent. Seems entirely random.

any time i had it sent to customs in ireland they just released it with no charge for some odd reason. Ive had about 6 or so figures go to customs and never been charged. Don't ask me why though lol..

Hmm, this is worrying. ''Item Held by customs''. I've never seen that set of words appear in the tracking before. ''Sent to customs'' is usually followed soon after by ''released from customs'' and ''on route to customer'', never ''held''.

I hope this is just because of Paddy's day tomorrow and it's their way of saying ''since it will not be delivered because it's a national holiday, this is where it's staying for now''

Just got him, way better than I thought. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Hmm, this is worrying. ''Item Held by customs''. I've never seen that set of words appear in the tracking before. ''Sent to customs'' is usually followed soon after by ''released from customs'' and ''on route to customer'', never ''held''.

I hope this is just because of Paddy's day tomorrow and it's their way of saying ''since it will not be delivered because it's a national holiday, this is where it's staying for now''

Ive seen 'held by customs' before. Usually means you might be waiting a day or so before they release it. Its coz of paddys day and anyway I don't think its anything to worry about either you'll get a charge or you won't. I usually find that items purchased on ebay never get charged the customs duty. I dunno if they actually open the packet or xray it or something or other but any time i've ordered from goodsshipped or timcent or any other ebay seller i have never been once charged for customs. Its like they probably see its a toy and see the price listed and think to themselves no point charging for a toy lol.

I'd rather it was still in the wind somewhere between Hong Kong and Ireland than to be held in suspense like this.

Also frustrating is this otherwise would have been a super-fast delivery for a Timcent package...Ordered on the 10 march and arrived in Ireland on the 15th. Typical.

That just means they are playing with it for a bit before sending it to you.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but as I was inspecting the fig I noticed HT has put some black foam tape round the neck adapter. Never seen this on a HT fig before. Reminds me of the neck mod that some of us did for the T1 BD fig. Maybe HT do read the forums. :dunno

DSCF4471_zpsjb2ei0us.jpg

Back