Hot Toys- Terminator 2: Sarah Connor full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Sarah today from Toys2. Conveniently I'm off work sick so I can have myself a good time with her.:naughty The hat actually can fit her head properly. Its just like the cop joker you have to really pull it over the head. Taking her fringe/bangs off is probably a good idea, they would be hidden anyway so it doesn't matter if they aren't there. You first pull the hat over the back of her head right down to the ponytail and then pull it down at the front. I'll post pics ASAP.

Its a fantastic figure. I'm not going to say its my new favourite but I really can't fault it. I've got a great handgun pose at the moment. The arms are so far ahead of the old female true-type arms of Ripley and Vasquez it isn't funny. As is the headsculpt of course.

Not the greatest pics but this is what I've got so far. What do people think of the fit of the hat?

IMG_2029Small.jpg

IMG_2028Small.jpg

IMG_2024Small.jpg

IMG_2023Small.jpg

IMG_2022Small.jpg

IMG_2032Small.jpg

IMG_2031Small.jpg

Great pics A-dev! The hat looks 99% in those pics. Thats the same post I want to use on mine as well.

The profile pics look alright, but I'm not digging it very much. Sarah is probably going sans hat. Great pics though! :hi5:

Well, I got my Sarah last Thursday from Sideshow (only because I used rewards points, otherwise I would have bought it from my friend for no tax, no shipping, and 10% off). I have had such a hard time figure out the best way to pose her. She is just so much awesomeness in one little sexy figure. What gun to hold, hat on or off, glasses on or off, cigaret or not, which excellent looking hands do I want to see, what is the best Sarah Connor posture, etc. etc.?:cuckoo: Drove me crazy. I would be temted to buy more than one of her if 1. I could afford it and 2. if I didn't hate having multiples of the same character on display.

Ultimately I went with the pose I originally wanted. It's not as badass as full SWAT gear, but to me it's totally Sarah and has been one of my favorite stills from the movie.
sarahconner.jpg

Me likey!
HPIM7819.jpg

The only thing I am going to change is to give her a 1/6 Ak-47 like in that pic. It's on its way from eBayland already. I'm kinda surprised she didn't come with one.

I'll probably build a real wooden 1/6 picnic bench for her to carve "No Fate" in as well.

With the bodyguard.
HPIM7822.jpg

I'm glad the pose is a hit. I wasn't sure before I got her if I could pull it off becuase it seemed that her tanktop wouldn't hide her ugly shoulder socket, but it just took some tugging in the right places, and the rubber body creates so much friction that the shirt stays wherever you pull it.

Nice pose! Im going for the scene when she leaves the trailer with the duffle bag, just before she rides off to kill Dyson.

That was one of the competing poses I was debating over for hours, especially since she is carrying the M16 in that scene and I she came with it.

Full of win. I see that you didn't lift her arm all the way up like she has it in the film probably because we all hate to wear our our figures...but do her joints hold well (are they strong enough to hold a position)?

Yeah, I'm not sure how the skin will hold up over time with a hard angle in the elbow, even though I know silicon is extremely flexible and resilliant over time, so I didn't want to commit to the full bend. Besides, without the table she wouldn't be carrying it that high anyway. In the screen shot I posted, the Ak-47 is actually resting on the table. Without the table, I just adopted the pose she carries the M16 in that CyberVillain described as pictured here.
800px-T2JDColtCommando-3.jpg

Yes, the joints are very, very tight. It actually takes quite a bit of careful, smooth pressure to bend her arms. They hold anything as long as the figure doesn't topple over.

What do people think of the fit of the hat?
IMG_2032Small.jpg

IMG_2031Small.jpg

I must have missed these pics while they were still loading. Yet another pose I was debating. Looks great.

I don't mind the size and fit of the hat. My only gripe is that it flares out to much in the upper front corners. It shouldn't actually have upper front corners. It should round itself back more. Other than that, I think that hat is great, not too big at all. Just needs some sort of reshaping. I'd try it myself if I were to display her that way.

Perhaps a curved wire or plastic strip glue to the inside of the front of the hat might do the trick. Somebody try it and let us know how it works.

Also, the bill needs to have a slight upward "V" in it. Just pinching it should help.

Yeah, I'm not sure how the skin will hold up over time with a hard angle in the elbow, even though I know silicon is extremely flexible and resilliant over time, so I didn't want to commit to the full bend. Besides, without the table she wouldn't be carrying it that high anyway. In the screen shot I posted, the Ak-47 is actually resting on the table. Without the table, I just adopted the pose she carries the M16 in that CyberVillain described as pictured here.
800px-T2JDColtCommando-3.jpg

Yes, the joints are very, very tight. It actually takes quite a bit of careful, smooth pressure to bend her arms. They hold anything as long as the figure doesn't topple over.

Ah...good point...didn't see the table. Thanks for the info on the joints too.:clap

Try a pose with the butt of the rifle resting on her left hip rather than just holding it up. That might work.

Back