Hot Toys- Terminator 2: Sarah Connor full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny to see the difference, with T-800, each day waiting for his arrival felt like I still had a week to go, with Sarah, I feel like she'll be here tomorrow, not sweatin' the wait at all :lol

It's funny to see the difference, with T-800, each day waiting for his arrival felt like I still had a week to go, with Sarah, I feel like she'll be here tomorrow, not sweatin' the wait at all :lol

:lol Same here. "It'll get here when it gets here" ............. "whats on t.v?" :lol

:lol Same here. "It'll get here when it gets here" ............. "whats on t.v?" :lol

Now, T-1000 will feel more like T-800, and BD T-800 will be hell :lol

I actually might be more excited about Sarah if it was with the hair down head. As a T2 collector, I want to add both Sarah's, but for my photography, I like to be faithful to the movie, so I'm not planning to do shots with the ponytail head that are tied to scenes with it down. Picky, picky, I know, but it's just my approach.

Speaking of which, when the heck are we gonna see the T-1000 already? I'm starting to think they're gonna debut it at the SDCC. I agree though, both the T-1000 and BD T-800 will be tough to wait for.

I'm thinking Sideshow probably worked it out to have at least one new reveal out of this line for SDCC, T-1000 Sarah will likely be at the booth, but they probably wanted to have at least one new one to be the first to reveal, and Hot Toys has plenty to put out in the mean time so I'm sure they'd agree to something like that, as they just put out Prince of Persia, and I'm sure Iron Man 2 isn't done.

With the donut T-1000 headsculpt being a one piece head/neck I wonder is it a safe assumption that the standard headsculpt will be likewise. I wish they'd gone that route for the T-800.

I think any figure without a muscle body should have a sculpted neck. Blade being a great example. That being said, is it possible the T-1000 will be on a new / muscle body?

Before I got the T-800 I was worried myself about the jointed neck as it is the 1st figure I have without a solid neck but in hand it takes absolutely nothing away from the figure imo.

I would say there's little chance of T-1000 not having sculpted neck for all heads, at least in his patrol costume. I think HT's really shooting for realism with their figures and I think we're past the days of the 2 jointed neck made of plastic, I think we'll either get scenarios like T-800 and Wolverine where the neck is covered to look real, or we'll get sculpted with the same detail and paint as the head. which is fine, I find the smooth plastic necks to hurt the look of HT figures when you've got a textured, realistically painted head attached to it, especially because the neck post would have a shine to it with the head more matte.

I think T-1000 will be a sculpted neck on a narrow TT, though I think the slim might work better for captuing Patrick's small build.

Are slims a lot shorter in height though? I know Patrick was a bit shorter than Arnie but I hate tiny figures.

I think any figure without a muscle body should have a sculpted neck. Blade being a great example. That being said, is it possible the T-1000 will be on a new / muscle body?

Doubtful, at least one anyway, have to have a T-1000 that can use the head with Sarah.

I don't think HT'll use the new bodies unless the body will be seen in some way.

I kind of wish T-800 had a sculpted neck to better capture Arnie's unique musculature in his neck that showed a lot in T2, and really, the only part that had to be nicely done were his arms, you could have done a sculpted neck with a standard plastic torso and been fine, his torso doesn't have to look realistic like they did.

I was referring to the particular attribute of the one-piece head/neck where there is no articulation point (and thus no visible line) up at the base of the skull but yes I agree we should never again see those smooth, shiny plastic necks such as you would see on a nude true-type.

@ Maulfan

Well the torso on him adds a lot of bulk and gives a perfect shape and look so I can't agree that a standard truetype torso would have been good enough.

I think it's perfect as it is. Part of the reason it's a brilliant figure is due to the fact that even the things that you don't see are still really nicely done.

I know, but what I was getting at is, I don't see the T-1000 going on a unique body like T-800 because it's unnecessary, and with the standard bodies you either have that smooth neck piece or a sculpted neck and sculpted allows the realism to stay with the piece so I think HT will be doing all T-1000s with sculpted necks, I think they're really working towards their figures looking as much like miniature people as possible and to do that, they'd have to walk away from that smooth neck piece for good, and I hope they are doing that, the T-800 style neck works great, it's just as posable and it looks good, best of everything.

@ Maulfan

Well the torso on him adds a lot of bulk and gives a perfect shape and look so I can't agree that a standard truetype torso would have been good enough.

I should have elaborated. You are correct, but what I meant was, make it a bulky body like it is, but don't use the rubber aspect, it's something that could break down over time, hopefully not, where you could have done a hard plastic upper body in that build with a sculpted neck and PVC arms like they are and you've have the same visual quality we've already got, even a bit better, but made in a way that doesn't have risk of breakdown.

, I think they're really working towards their figures looking as much like miniature people as possible and to do that, they'd have to walk away from that smooth neck piece for good, and I hope they are doing that, the T-800 style neck works great, it's just as posable and it looks good, best of everything.

But the T-800 neck style still loses some realism by having that join line under his ear. I'm hoping the T-1000 does away with that altogether..which I suspect it will if its just on a normal true type and theres no need to consider the aesthetics of the neck joint going into the nude torso.

Back