Hot Toys teases big announcement for 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DiFabio;9977292[B said:
]Wait a second, Hot Toys aren’t dying are they!?[/B]

Now that I think about it, in retrospect these announcements for announcements and masterbatory videos about Howard and Hot Toys feel like something a company throws together when things aren’t going so well. Like “quick, what kind of gimmick or thing can we do to get customers to stay interested in us!”

I mean if these 1/12 rumors are true along with things like “Director Orson Krennic” and “Joel Schumacher Batman” being a source of excitement for collectors, well, well, well how the mighty have fallen.

Look on the bright side, if HT fold then all our figs will go up in value.

...and that unfortunately is the truth. How far we've come that seeing a figure for $220 is okay and that the new normal is starting to hit &260. I won't be surprised if every sixth scale entry for "Endgame" and "Episode 9" is priced around $240 and above. Sideshow is probably stepping completely away from sixth-scale soon, especially when you consider the glacial pace of their announcements and the crappy reception they get here...

There are only a few more I'd like to see in sixth-scale from HT. If they don't do them, oh well. If they do move to a new scale (1/12), it's going to make it real easy to step away from this maddening hobby....

Episode 9 ?

giphy.gif

On Instagram showes new 1/10 figures starting with Infinity wars? Is this the new announcement ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fefc9dc50369315b42b48347f06ac137.jpg

On Instagram showes new 1/10 figures starting with Infinity wars? Is this the new announcement ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fefc9dc50369315b42b48347f06ac137.jpg

Sweet Baby Jesus!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smaller scale Hot Toys-styled and quality figures = the ultimate updated ARAH GI Joe line. If not, to hell with Hot Toys!
My mind has been trained not to get excited about this sort of thing and also that the words 'stay tuned' or 'coming soon' can be utterly meaningless from this company.

Immediate wet blanket post :lol
Perfect response!

Start putting magnets in the feet and have a thin metal base maybe? Get rid of the god awful crotch huggers? Can only wish.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Start putting magnets in the feet and have a thin metal base maybe? Get rid of the god awful crotch huggers? Can only wish.

Since we are wish listing here, those magnets are also conductive and transfer power for the light up features from the base which has a USB mains option and universal remote control compatibility.

Literally asking what license we want and showing sculpts asking for feedback would go a long way in a short time with fans. Like Asmus. Leagues ahead of HT in terms of customer service.

I’ve always even thought about a stand type thing that could maybe run up one leg or something. But yeah those display stands annoy the hell outta me! How could that not have a solution to this yet??? They really take away from the asteticks of the piece.

Wasn’t the video with some of the same video clips that they posted the following day what they were talking about?

Can’t believe this thread hasn’t fizzled
out and especially can’t believe the other one exists that was borne out of this one. I’m gonna start “Should HT do 1/3 scale?” “Should Hot Toys start 1/5 scale?” “should Hot Toys start 1/11 scale?” “Should Hot Toys start 1/50 scale figures?” threads. Stay tuned for those!

What's Facebook doing now? I can't see HT's Facebook page anymore. I have to login or create an account... no more "not now" for the 5 of us that Facebook hasn't gobbled up.

Sucks for me if this is permanent. No more viewing the 'released in HK pics' nor the reveal pics for, say, Krennic or the soon-to-be-revealed Han Bespin.

Literally asking what license we want and showing sculpts asking for feedback would go a long way in a short time with fans. Like Asmus. Leagues ahead of HT in terms of customer service.

Exactly. Although as far as they're concerned they're already perfectly on the right track. I mean look at wishlist threads - so many of the nominations are for Marvel and Star Wars characters that they're probably going to be making at some point anyway.

I’ve always even thought about a stand type thing that could maybe run up one leg or something. But yeah those display stands annoy the hell outta me! How could that not have a solution to this yet??? They really take away from the asteticks of the piece.

Well, the only thing worse than a crotch grabber is a waist grabber and Enterbay used leg grabbers on their 1:4 scale Terminators and I can't say I like those either. Crotch grabber it is.

Wasn’t the video with some of the same video clips that they posted the following day what they were talking about?

Can’t believe this thread hasn’t fizzled
out and especially can’t believe the other one exists that was borne out of this one. I’m gonna start “Should HT do 1/3 scale?” “Should Hot Toys start 1/5 scale?” “should Hot Toys start 1/11 scale?” “Should Hot Toys start 1/50 scale figures?” threads. Stay tuned for those!

Coming soon?!!

What's Facebook doing now? I can't see HT's Facebook page anymore. I have to login or create an account... no more "not now" for the 5 of us that Facebook hasn't gobbled up.

Sucks for me if this is permanent. No more viewing the 'released in HK pics' nor the reveal pics for, say, Krennic or the soon-to-be-revealed Han Bespin.

I'm sure someone will post those pics in the appropriate thread. And for the record, I'm one of those five... :wave

Back