Hot Toys teases big announcement for 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Hux figure would be great. I would pick it up. Seriously.

One Detolf shelf has been reserved for Hux, Jar-Jar, Little Annie and Rose. The shelf of misfit characters...

I will not put little Anie and Jar Jar Binks on the same shelf with Hux the clown and Rose the Shrek though.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Disney buying Fox. Could be that we can see figures that were in limbo in the past like some of the X-Men figures. It could also mean that Disney will look at reissuing the Star Wars OT sans special edition edits so there would most likely be some marketing behind it and potential for OT figures like the Gonk Droid and Death Star Trooper.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Disney buying Fox. Could be that we can see figures that were in limbo in the past like some of the X-Men figures. It could also mean that Disney will look at reissuing the Star Wars OT sans special edition edits so there would most likely be some marketing behind it and potential for OT figures like the Gonk Droid and Death Star Trooper.

An interesting theory.

But I think the DST was supposed to be a Solo-related release. I noticed there are like four DST's in the deleted scene when they are questioning Han (when he's in the black Imperial uniform.) The scene got cut and the movie underperformed so that's the end of it I'm guessing.

I really hate how HT seems to have gotten into the habit of officially showing figures - quite a number of figures now - that never see light of day.

An interesting theory.

But I think the DST was supposed to be a Solo-related release. I noticed there are like four DST's in the deleted scene when they are questioning Han (when he's in the black Imperial uniform.) The scene got cut and the movie underperformed so that's the end of it I'm guessing.

I really hate how HT seems to have gotten into the habit of officially showing figures - quite a number of figures now - that never see light of day.

But as Director Krennic has illustrated, there is a willingness on Hot Toys' part to resurrect something that we thought was dead. Unless the character returns (maybe in the Mandelorean) and we just don't know about it, I think there's still a glimmer of hope.

But as Director Krennic has illustrated, there is a willingness on Hot Toys' part to resurrect something that we thought was dead. Unless the character returns (maybe in the Mandelorean) and we just don't know about it, I think there's still a glimmer of hope.

To be fair, they never even hinted that a Krennic was on the way much less showed it repeatedly (then seemingly dumped it) like with the DST - so Krennic wasn't exactly dead, perhaps just "overlooked."

Don't they do that to gauge interest though?

Fett and Maul have proven many times over that screen time does not equate to popularity.

This makes no sense. They both have figures out and are good sellers. I don't know what your point is because they are both popular figures. Why do people take the attitude that if they don't personally want a figure it shouldn't be made?

This makes no sense. They both have figures out and are good sellers. I don't know what your point is because they are both popular figures. Why do people take the attitude that if they don't personally want a figure it shouldn't be made?

That’s not what he meant. What he meant was that neither of those characters had a lot of screen time, yet they are popular with fans.

I hope Hot Toys will do a George Lucas figure.

They did, from a certain point of view...

Behold! Hot Toys’ “The Director” FamousType figure! This is one of the first Hot Toys figures ever produced.

And it was unlicensed *shhh* [emoji2958]

0f585c5e9daeb4052164345a013978f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back