Hot Toys teases big announcement for 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys is pleased to announce...

The INVISIBLE Line

Every license! Every character! Imagine perfection! Imagine your favorite outfit! Then you've just collected it!

They're ALL right there on the shelf. Really.

No...the big announcement is....

"We're going to produce EVERY figure you ever see at a show or in a preview! EVERY TIME! EVERY ONE!"

Is it April yet! :)

HT makes an announcement that they will make an announcement. New thread!:lol

I bet it's going to be the Falcon cockpit and a 1/6 scale TIE fighter with bonus Power Droid and Death Star Trooper.:monkey3

What make you think Hot Toys going to do that for ?

Let's be real, Disney practically owns HT, also their best selling licenses are Disney properties (Marvel and Star Wars). They already sell HT figures in Hollywood Studios and Universal, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have a secret base displaying and selling them so collectors can find them in one place.

Let's be real, Disney practically owns HT, also their best selling licenses are Disney properties (Marvel and Star Wars). They already sell HT figures in Hollywood Studios and Universal, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have a secret base displaying and selling them so collectors can find them in one place.

HTs does everything through SSC in NA. It would be interesting if they open a store in NA on their own.

I don't know what HT have up their sleeve but Sideshow had nothing Star Wars related for their 12 days event.

Don't think its a line, more environments or vehicles
I mean, Jazz has been doing pretty well with his dios (he's had to have hit HT's radar by now, surely?) and some companies do elaborate bases, but no one has touched true 1/6 environments in a long time. Sideshow gave it up really too. And all too often do I see comments on how people wouldn't or don't spend money on display (even for some decent shelves) so they can spend it on more figures...I just don't know how lucrative the market is. I'm saying this as someone who loves display environments and (sometimes) makes them.

That's so boring... Bring some original cult classics like blade runner, Indiana Jones, Willow, Beverly hills cop, labyrinth, die hard, Addams family, Hook, Goonies ecc. Would be nice to have different stuff in the catalog not just marvel, Star wars and all the same boring stuff!!!

Dios could help 1/12 become even bigger than it is.

1/12 is the future.

1/6th is dying, choked by pricing and repetitiveness.

Could Hot Toys do what they did with 1/6 and revolutionize the 1/12 market? Yeah certainly. I have no doubt. But at what cost? I firmly believe that a 1/12 HT figure would be somewhere between $120 and $150, if not more. Look at how much of Mezco's stuff is creeping around the $100 mark now. The 1/12 market would capsize just the same under rising costs if HT took reign the high end industry there too.

Dios could help 1/12 become even bigger than it is.

1/12 is the future.

1/6th is dying, choked by pricing and repetitiveness.

There is truth to this...1/6 prices are pricing people out.

There is truth to this...1/6 prices are pricing people out.

...and that unfortunately is the truth. How far we've come that seeing a figure for $220 is okay and that the new normal is starting to hit &260. I won't be surprised if every sixth scale entry for "Endgame" and "Episode 9" is priced around $240 and above. Sideshow is probably stepping completely away from sixth-scale soon, especially when you consider the glacial pace of their announcements and the crappy reception they get here...

There are only a few more I'd like to see in sixth-scale from HT. If they don't do them, oh well. If they do move to a new scale (1/12), it's going to make it real easy to step away from this maddening hobby....

Back