Hot Toys teases big announcement for 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, right. I forgot that NASA is the only organization that ever developed any new technologies.

I concede to your advanced logic. Please forgive my wacko speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I subscribe to your wacko speculation....I don’t consider a new license or the completion of a line rising to challenges nor an announcement I don’t want to miss.

It’d be cool to finish a couple lines but I’m hoping that isn’t the challenge it speaks of.....

My prediction- 1982 Tron figures.
Either they light up internally or they use that black light tech they used on the Thor & Black Panther figures.

I'm guessing it will just be a new license they acquired. I'd give anything for them to start making the CW DC characters, but I know that won't be it. :(

Between the 3D printing and this, and be more inclined to go with this. Probably acquiring a new license altogether, or doing something completely different from a license they already have, such as tapping into comic versions of characters as opposed to strictly film versions, for instance.

While not far fetched, I think the 3D printing is least likely.

My guess is the announcement is something more company related than product specific, like reduced time from preorder to inhand (it's already happening in a lot of ways), or they are eliminating Sideshow as distributor for North America and doing it themselves or Diamond.

I won't get too excited. It will be several variants of Captain Marvel.

I'm not sure why this announcement is in the Star Wars section.

As far as products go I’d be excited for an Indy 2.0, Returns Penguin and Catwoman or anything to do with 1989 Batman.

But if it comes down to new business practices or offerings I think a reduced turnaround time would be good.

If they announced that they’ll be offering expansion kits featuring alternate sculpts that would be phenomenal.

I know HT teases this type of thing every year, which is to be expected to keep the hype going and collectors engaged. Hopefully there will be some surprises, such as the Batman Forever line. The word that jumps out to me is "completing," which of course could mean anything and different things to different collectors. That said, here's what I'd like to see "completed" (yep, some of these are deep cuts):
Star Wars -- Bespin Lando, Bespin Han, Slave Leia, Oola; Queen Amidala, Geonosis Padme, Ep II Anakin, Ep II Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, Senate Guard, Senator/Emperor Palpatine; Andor, Baze; Snoke
MCU -- Yellowjacket, Valkyrie (white costume), Ultron Sentry
DCEU -- Cyborg, Mera, Black Manta, Orm
'66 Batman -- Batmobile, Batgirl (w/motorcycle), Joker, Newmar Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin
Terminator -- T-850 endo, TX endo
Alien -- Queen, Ripley (+Power Loader)
Predator -- Dillon, Blaine, Mac
Avatar -- Neytiri, native Jakesully, Quaritch (+ mech)
TRON Legacy -- Quorra, Gem, Clu

Hopefully getting rid of SS and the price hikes they do.

Ok, I’ll make a prediction.

With the great success of JazzInc’s dioramas, I wouldn’t be surprised if Hot Toys starts producing them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well I will make a prediction as well....more Iron Men...lol

I agree with both of you. I think it will be diving into the Star Wars Diorama's as that license is a main focus as well as how they can re-invent old iron man armors to re-release (reverse color schemes, random color schemes, etc).

Big announcement: HT 2019 going out of business.

giphy.gif

Don't get too excited there gents. Trust me, any excitement that there is a possibility Hot Toys will do whatever you are hoping it might be will be a LET DOWN. Stop posting wish lists.

Assume major announcement will be connected to whatever Superhero movie is coming out within the next 6-7 months would be OBVIOUS?

It's just more Avengers crap... (everything in the vid is Avengers related characters). Pointing to Hasbro Star Wars figures in the background like that's the hint or the Vader shirt is just a laff.

They flashed only Avengers related figs being worked on... Why is this post under STAR WARS?

Last edited:
86 new Iron Men figures and BTTF 3 Doc Brown with “Oh *****k I just sharted!” portrait.

If the new “behind scenes” video is their challenge and thing we all want to be certain to watch....gonna be disappointment abroad 😀

Back