Hot Toys teases big announcement for 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As irritating as some of their unreleased prototypes are, I'll still give them credit for making the overall best quality 1/6 releases at the highest in industry volume.

Now that we are almost certainly getting Krennic, where in the hell is my Death Star Trooper?:)

It'd be like if Sideshow teased a big announcement with "We've become not only good at making awesome looking prototypes, but also having the production paint turn out as good or better."

:lol

:lol

I suppose Hot Toys would argue that 'complete' is subjective - not everyone needs Kyle Reese, T2 John or T1 Sarah to feel like the Terminator lines are complete - but there's definitely been some cases where it's like ''come on''....Jake Sully but no Neytiri? Taylor and Barnes from Platoon but no Elias? And this one yet remains to be seen but Neo from the famous lobby scene of The Matrix but potentially no Trinity?

As irritating as some of their unreleased prototypes are, I'll still give them credit for making the overall best quality 1/6 releases at the highest in industry volume.

My sentiments as well.

While I'm not a HT apologist and have my fair share of quibbles, I still acknowledge that there's a lot more they do right than wrong, such as what you mentioned. I'm willing to bet a lot of these people who have almost nothing but complaints and negative things to say about them would probably be the first ones to light their hair on fire if they were to ever go out of business, and would complain about it.

[emoji38]

I suppose Hot Toys would argue that 'complete' is subjective - not everyone needs Kyle Reese, T2 John or T1 Sarah to feel like the Terminator lines are complete - but there's definitely been some cases where it's like ''come on''....Jake Sully but no Neytiri? Taylor and Barnes from Platoon but no Elias? And this one yet remains to be seen but Neo from the famous lobby scene of The Matrix but potentially no Trinity?

T2 isn't complete without John. There's no way around that. I hold NECA to the same claim, and fortunately they seem to be working towards that.

Regarding T1...any Terminator line can be complete in two ways, I think. Either you JUST do Arnold, or you do the cast. And for T1, because they just made Arnie, I think that's okay to call finished. As much as the die hards would love a Sarah and Kyle. On the other hand, NECA has left the line incomplete because they haven't done Sarah. But in this toy market climate...who's going to buy 80s soccer mom looking Sarah? It's such a hard call.

But with T2, they've finished it aside from John. It's a glaring omission, but one I can understand doesn't exist in a business sense. Without a revamped/rereleased T-800, no one will buy just John. HT would only be able to leverage the buyers of the original T2 releases.

And I say this as someone who doesn't own ANY of the HT figs, though I wish I did have the T2 BD T-800.

I’d like it to be something different...new technology, new line etc.

Otherwise it’s more the some ole same ole....which isn’t bad. I’d prefer something different....

A lot of you are expecting the big announcement to just be some new figures, which could be the case I suppose, but that wouldn’t be a big announcement at all. It’s just business as usual.

I’m hoping it’s actually a “big announcement” like a newly developed technology that makes the figures more realistic, or a new type of 1:6 scale product, like accessories packs, or dioramas.

I would personally love small scale vehicles that are highly detailed at roughly the same price point as the figures, like the un-produced S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2q267m.jpg

A lot of you are expecting the big announcement to just be some new figures, which could be the case I suppose, but that wouldn’t be a big announcement at all. It’s just business as usual.

I’m hoping it’s actually a “big announcement” like a newly developed technology that makes the figures more realistic, or a new type of 1:6 scale product, like accessories packs, or dioramas.

I would personally love small scale vehicles that are highly detailed at roughly the same price point as the figures, like the un-produced S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, I doubt it though. HT are not really NASA are they.

Back