Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like mine will be arriving later today! Beyond excited; I have wanted this figure forever but never thought I could actually get a hold of it.

Price was steep but it seems a little more worth while considering it is a brand new exclusive version. Last I checked there was only one EX listed on eBay and it was a couple hundred more than mine.

Yeah Prices have doubled in the last 2 months had to drop $850 for the Sideshow Exclusive but now places want $2,000 after 1/4 Joker was announced.

Supply and demand you babies.

You really expect a sold out figure from 4 years ago after an announcement of a long-awaited companion piece should go for anything less?

I see people paying a grand+ for 1/6 customs that barely could pass off as HT quality. Let's not even...

Ever wonder why scalper prices are possibe? You.
I agree with this when there's a hot new item and some scalper buys up a large quantity of them only to flip them for double the price on the aftermarket. They will only keep doing it if people keep paying them.

But when a figure has been out for 4 years and is a highly sought after collectible no longer available anywhere but the aftermarket, the price it goes for is not scalping. It has value. Supply and demand as has already been said.

I agree with this when there's a hot new item and some scalper buys up a large quantity of them only to flip them for double the price on the aftermarket. They will only keep doing it if people keep paying them.

But when a figure has been out for 4 years and is a highly sought after collectible no longer available anywhere but the aftermarket, the price it goes for is not scalping. It has value. Supply and demand as has already been said.

Nothing changes other than the fact they've been playing the long game waiting the maximum prices that people will pay. If you're buying a certain quantity of something not expecting to actually use or properly own something and to purposefully sell down the line you're still scalping. It's different if you bought one or so intending to own it but never did.

doesn't make a lick of difference. You people wouldn't have bought it anyway until now. It's not like a huge surge of QS01's are being sold now with "scalpers" popping out of the woodworks.

There are 2 on going bids right now hitting $700. The market has decided the value... not the sellers, don't blame them.

I remember giving this figure consideration way back then; this and the 1:6 TDKR figures. But I knew that was a huge financial commitment (as far as toys go). So I instead sold off most of my Nolan Batman stuff at that point to close off that temptation.

doesn't make a lick of difference. You people wouldn't have bought it anyway until now. It's not like a huge surge of QS01's are being sold now with "scalpers" popping out of the woodworks.

There are 2 on going bids right now hitting $700. The market has decided the value... not the sellers, don't blame them.
Yeah basically this. For me anyways I never even knew about Hot Toys when this was originally released, and when I discovered it a little under a couple years ago I didn't have the money for it. Now that I actually have the money and seriously want it I decided to get it, because it's not like it's going to drop in price.

Supply and demand. The market determines the price. If I didn't buy it, eventually someone else would be willing to pay the asking price.

Nothing changes other than the fact they've been playing the long game waiting the maximum prices that people will pay. If you're buying a certain quantity of something not expecting to actually use or properly own something and to purposefully sell down the line you're still scalping. It's different if you bought one or so intending to own it but never did.
You make a fair point here, and I can some what agree with it. For the seller it's an investment then. It sucks for buyers but that's also the market and business. What it's worth now is what it's worth on the market. If absolutely every single QS001 was bought by collectors intending to keep and display it originally I may have not been able to get one brand new or at all even.

I remember giving this figure consideration way back then; this and the 1:6 TDKR figures. But I knew that was a huge financial commitment (as far as toys go). So I instead sold off most of my Nolan Batman stuff at that point to close off that temptation.

That's a solid point, if you don't need it and can live without it-get rid of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those aftermarket prices is almost a third of my mortgage. Glad for those who are able to get it with aftermarket prices. Must be nice not having any responsibilities.

Or maybe they're just more able to spend that much on any collectible, while not neglecting their responsibilities, responsibilities that they might even have more of compared to the next guy.

I could set a ceiling of $200 on a collectible and some people for sure would still tell me that I have more money than sense, so really, who am I to speak about those paying ridiculous prices on these things.

You make a fair point here, and I can some what agree with it. For the seller it's an investment then. It sucks for buyers but that's also the market and business. What it's worth now is what it's worth on the market. If absolutely every single QS001 was bought by collectors intending to keep and display it originally I may have not been able to get one brand new or at all even.

This is true and the big, and possibly the only, positivity about scalping. However, you have to realise that your gain is another person's loss. If people are buying multiple figures or even one figure to keep for later selling on the aftermarket at higher prices, yes it means someone who missed their chance to get it can get it a couple of years later, but it also means that those wanting it at the time of release weren't able to get it, and it also means that if they're unable to afford the huge amounts of money they're upscaled to then they're completely going to miss out. Some people just can't afford to or are willing enough to throw another couple of hundreds at a toy, and this doesn't mean that they shouldn't be trying to buy them in the first place.

The aftermarket is a natural market anyway, if everyone buys one and it sells out but a person decides to not open theirs and sell it down the line, sure, the market dictates it a rarer piece, especially for being mint and of course the price will go up. However, too many people who played Runescape and considered themselves merchants buy these pieces on purpose capitalising the nature of the aftermarket and deepening supply and demand further.

Again, if you bought one and just never opened it, it's hardly scalping, the after market price is the after market price. It's the people who buy multiples never intending to actually own or open it that try to keep the supply to increase the aftermarket demand.

Just to clarify also, I'm not talking about selling on a figure you did intend to own and open and want to sell later on, the price you put is reflective of the market, but in my opinion that's heavily dictated by the scalpers who keep the mint items to sell really highly..

Back