Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm late to the game but have finally picked this up.
I am needing everyone's thoughts on it though.
It seems his armour plating on the abs are not symmetrical.
His buckle is also the same.
Any opinion if this is a defect:
bats.jpg

View attachment 362390

It's a common issue. Mine is also that way. But you can rotate both the suit and the upper armor to align it.

It's a common issue. Mine is also that way. But you can rotate both the suit and the upper armor to align it.
Thanks for the reply.
Do you mean I can kinda pull Batman's right hand side up to make it align underneath his chest armour?
Also does you belt buckle with the 2 gold circles are also not directly at the 12 and 6 o'clock? Can that be rotated?

View attachment 362390
Yeah, my Armory Batman was like that. I think it's a common issue. Thankfully my 1/4 didn't turn out like that though as it really bothered me on the 1/6 version.

You can just mess with the armor and the underlying body and get it to be pretty symmetrical. Just gets annoying when you have to do it all the time.

Huh. I just checked the belt on mine to see what you mean, and it's in the same position. I never noticed it until now, so thanks. :lol

You might be able to boil or blow dry the belt to soften the glue and tear the buckle off with tweezers or something else that's small and sharp. Looks like they just glued it on incorrectly.

Huh. I just checked the belt on mine to see what you mean, and it's in the same position. I never noticed it until now, so thanks. :lol

You might be able to boil or blow dry the belt to soften the glue and tear the buckle off with tweezers or something else that's small and sharp. Looks like they just glued it on incorrectly.

Haha I didn't noticed last night as I was in awe over the figure and took a few pics to ask about another problem: there is a piece of armour not entirely glued onto the fabric. It's next to the abs as well.
What glue would be the best as it's being glued onto fabric and it's next to the abs so it'll need to be semi- flexible too?

Yeah, my Armory Batman was like that. I think it's a common issue. Thankfully my 1/4 didn't turn out like that though as it really bothered me on the 1/6 version.

You can just mess with the armor and the underlying body and get it to be pretty symmetrical. Just gets annoying when you have to do it all the time.

Wow I didn't notice the Armoury Batman having this issue.

Haha I didn't noticed last night as I was in awe over the figure and took a few pics to ask about another problem: there is a piece of armour not entirely glued onto the fabric. It's next to the abs as well.
What glue would be the best as it's being glued onto fabric and it's next to the abs so it'll need to be semi- flexible too?

Maybe just some fabric glue or Loctite? I've never used those before, but they might work. I know some parts of the plastic armor are a bit loose on the suit (like the movie), so do you mean it's actually hanging off or just a bit baggy?

Maybe just some fabric glue or Loctite? I've never used those before, but they might work. I know some parts of the plastic armor are a bit loose on the suit (like the movie), so do you mean it's actually hanging off or just a bit baggy?

It's like L shaped armour but got about only 1/3 still stuck onto the fabric underneath where the rest lifts a bit. It looks like over time since the figure was released, glue might have stop sticking.
After putting on the belt, it's not too bad as the belt also holds it on somewhat.
I've only had a time to snap a quick phone pic before leaving for work so it looks like this:
batty.jpg

Oh yeah, mine's like that too. I don't think that's a defect, it's probably just how they made the suit.

Just payed for a brand new, with shrink wrap and brown shipping box for $640. Is that a decent pickup?

I got the exclusive in a decent condition box, never displayed for $625 shipped, so $640 is not all that bad.
It is about the going rate for this guy now.

I have a feeling that the QS001 will be jumping up in price once Joker hits next year. This is the one to pair with him,
and I don't see them doing a 1/4 Dark Knight Suit 2.0 anytime soon.

You won't get many shots at the EX version of this below $700. I considered myself lucky on that part… mainly because
I really wanted the empty cowl, since i will most likely display him with the Bale head sculpt.

Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

I had 2 qs001's -1 exclusive/1 regular displayed them both masked & unmasked.
I grew tired of them quickly tho-the George bush resemblance of the Wayne sculpt, the too thin waist and the batman headsculpt was too elongated and the eyes threw it off to me.
I sold them both for a healthy profit about 3 months after they sold out.
I'd be pleased if they took another shot at it as the qs001 ain't that great at all in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price definitely did spike and went back down. Still don't regret buying it when I did; if I ordered one from eBay for cheaper I would still have to pay shipping and import fees/customs. Would just end up being around what I paid.

Not even factoring in the exclusive.

Back