Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats bro! Sometimes it's bout being at the right place at the right time :)

Thanks....Yeah it sure is. I even called and Spoke to Josh to make sure my order went through. I cant believe I'm excited to spend almost 500 smackers :), but when you're addicted to plastic its a must... :) :cuckoo:

Its good to see that people who missed the pre order can still get this at a reasonable price. And don't have to shell out those crazy ebay prices.

Lotus000 I hate you lol
I was looking on alter ego like 30min before u post and nothing decided to leave to come to girls place and no more at alter ego.... I know how all those that missed the battle damaged mark vii feel now

Lotus000 I hate you lol
I was looking on alter ego like 30min before u post and nothing decided to leave to come to girls place and no more at alter ego.... I know how all those that missed the battle damaged mark vii feel now

If it makes you feel any better I paid a fellow forum member 520 for BD Mark VII. You win some you lose some. I'm happy I got him coming to me now. I have been refreshing pages on BBTS and AE for at least 2 months now.

Hmm that's true and she is a pretty recent figure. Looks like they are going that way now. Don't you think the new ankles are worse as far as stability goes?

Can't be worse. I could stand Catwoman with one foot flat and the other on the tip of the foot yet it never toppled.

9446927380_15407fcf3f_c.jpg

Agreed. Once they're positioned correctly they aren't going anywhere. It's definitely a very solid design in terms of the weak ankle problem.

But...

They are only stable if they are perfect, and the time and effort it takes to get the ankles in place sucks the life out of me when I should be just focusing on a cool looking pose.

I might get the ankles perfect after much effort, then look at the overall pose and realize that her knee needs a little tweaking. So I tweak it, and then she tips over because all the time spent on getting the ankles just right became null and void. So I have to start all over again with the ankles. Then I get the ankles just right, and realize that her hip needs to be a little further to the side. I make the adjustment and then the ankles are off again... and on, and on, and on.

With ball jointed ankles, I can literally pose a figure with my eyes closed and let my creativity flow. For ankles, I can just push all 4 points of the feet flat (heels and ball$ of feet) and the ball joints in the ankles just go where they're supposed to with no twisting, turning, or testing for where the bend is. I'll work on getting a pose just right for 10 minutes, all the while making many slight adjustments to the ball jointed ankles without even thinking about it. I can think of the figure as an extension of my self, because it moves like I do.

Bottom line: I despite this new ankle design. It turns posing into a chore, not something I look forward to anymore.

For me, posing figures is like writing a song. With the new ankles I feel like a music producer instead of a composer.

Last edited:
Took some quick pics.I am not much of a photographer.I am loving this guy alot.Waiting to get a legend studio display case.He is currently in my detolf.

oh and this is a very noob question.But how do you guys post pictures in your messages without it having to look like mine that has the attached thumbnail?

oh and this is a very noob question.But how do you guys post pictures in your messages without it having to look like mine that has the attached thumbnail?

Sign up for a Free Flikr account. Then you place your pic on their server and they give you the HTML or BB code to paste inside your message, Always Preview your message before posting so you can tell if your image embed worked....

Nice Tony! Cape looks good.

Thank you Double J :)

Looks good. Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with Tony.

Well, I wasn't blind to the issues with this figure. I was just hoping they would be easy fixes. Sadly that is not the case, and I can't be arsed with them.

Thank you Maglor, followed your foot step and created a thread regards all the mods from everyone :wink1:

How did you adjust the height did you do that thing that Karnis did with the not putting the foot pegs all the way in? :huh

I added a custom plastic rings around the ankle joint, now it sits nice and tight on the figure.

I gotcha. Plus a figure of this price shouldn't need to be modded in all honesty. For me. I just got a few futzing issues that need to be done and I'll be content.

I agree, but certain parts of the figure just become eye sore through time, especially have lots of fun modding the DX12, this figure definitely deserve a bit of touch up :wink1:

That's an amazing work by Tony Mei. Finally i'll display my EB and HT together ;).

Thank you Kbx82, I love both figure :clap

for those who would like to share more modification tips, feel free to drop some comments here

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6229821#post6229821

after a few simple mods

Sign up for a Free Flikr account. Then you place your pic on their server and they give you the HTML or BB code to paste inside your message, Always Preview your message before posting so you can tell if your image embed worked....

thanks lotus:wave

Got my ex delivered the other day and just managed to open it for inspection... Not had a proper play but overall a very nice figure. Also have a reg on order (Couldn't go without displaying the BW head sculpt!) Will post pics at the weekend.

Back