Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it that, in my head, I can imagine myself constantly checking my phone for tracking updates, rushing out the door to greet the UPS guy, and cutting through the packaging tape on that brown shipper, to then stare for a moment at the massive box before me, in absolute awe, before finally getting up the nerve to pull back on that sticker tab, undo the band, and take a look at this glorious monster?

Yeah, I'd say I'm excited, too.:lol

Why are people paying such a premium for the EX?

it seems like the mask is kind of useless or am I missing something

For me the cowl would be pretty useless. Because I don't think I'll ever display it with the Bruce head anyway. Not that I don't like the head sculpt. But I want to display him as Batman. Thats why I don't have any problems about missing out on the EX. :wink1:

Imagine the delivery guy is a fellow collector. The figure is shipped in the shipper box. He sees the words "Batman 1/4 Hot Toys Exclusive" and steals it.

Well, considering the EX costs abot $530 ( CA residents) from Sideshow, its not that bad. Plus ive bought from the seller and hes a good guy.

All this fighting and arguing for an overpriced, over hyped doll. :lol

Every other year there seems to be a new high-end Bale Batman figure. If you "missed out" ordering this one, just wait a year or two. There will be another.

Look at Hot Toys' recent Joker shenanigans,

"recently launched the second edition (DX2.0), but the reaction of the outside world think this is still not enough , it should be again introduced several different versions of the clown shape, so we'll once again this representative role which launched into the DX series. "

Edit "DX2.0" with "DX12" and "QS001" and "clown shape" with "bat shape" and you have the exact scenario that has occurred for the past 5 years.

I still remember when people were losing their **** over the OC Batman when that was sold out, they were paying out the ***. Same deal with the V1 TDK. Then, a million chances and re-releases later, we were at the summer of 2012 with these "new" Batman figures. They'll make more. I bet a ton of wait lists get converted too. People are overreacting and it's been out, what, a month? Chilllllllllllllllllll

Well, considering the EX costs abot $530 ( CA residents) from Sideshow, its not that bad. Plus ive bought from the seller and hes a good guy.

Thanks man! And I'm actually just trying to break even since I had to buy it off someone else myself. Ended up losing a tad on shipping haha.

What is your paypal address? I'll pay right now

Enjoy Bats! :)

so , it is likely impossible to expect it converted if we place order right now

If it's any consolation, mi second iron monger converted yesterday. And it's been a WHILE. I even forgot all about it. Gotta cancel it as I already got one someplace else.

Like bat86 says. You never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

All this fighting and arguing for an overpriced, over hyped doll. :lol

Every other year there seems to be a new high-end Bale Batman figure. If you "missed out" ordering this one, just wait a year or two. There will be another.

Look at Hot Toys' recent Joker shenanigans,

"recently launched the second edition (DX2.0), but the reaction of the outside world think this is still not enough , it should be again introduced several different versions of the clown shape, so we'll once again this representative role which launched into the DX series. "

Edit "DX2.0" with "DX12" and "QS001" and "clown shape" with "bat shape" and you have the exact scenario that has occurred for the past 5 years.

I still remember when people were losing their **** over the OC Batman when that was sold out, they were paying out the ***. Same deal with the V1 TDK. Then, a million chances and re-releases later, we were at the summer of 2012 with these "new" Batman figures. They'll make more. I bet a ton of wait lists get converted too. People are overreacting and it's been out, what, a month? Chilllllllllllllllllll

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I have come to despise the phrase 'missed out'. Its being used for, of all things, TDK Joker. There have been three (3) Purple suit versions alone. No other single version of a character except maybe Iron Man garners that much attention from Hot Toys. If you 'missed out' on all 3 of those then I'm sorry, hah, no I'm not, TOUGH!! It is no one's fault that you missed all 3 of those releases. The sole reason for HT to make another is if they reckon there is a sufficient quantity of you late late late late late comers who'll buy another one. If they decide they have made enough - TOUGH. I'm sorry I'm not but tough. Your only recourse is to pay the scalper prices. Do it and don't complain.

Last edited:
Back