Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was one of those who did not pre-order because of the stupid Batman face proto. I did not want a bigger DX12 with the need to buy another custom made cowl. After the latest pictures, I want one but but I'm not that desperate. I guess sick fans of Nolan's Batman are and it is understandable because the figure is beautiful and perhaps there will not be another release of this masterpiece.

Again that discussion lol omg

Yeah I know I don't get why franpincho is so passionate about this. I mean it is what it is. Going on about it is not going to change things since a lot of people that buy this are probably not even on the freaks board IMO. So how are you suppose to reach them?

For what it's worth, I don't even think the scalpers prices are that unreasonable. If you guys want to see REALLY ridiculous scalping prices, wait until launch day for the PS4 or Xbox One. If the trend continues, EBay prices will likely exceed 2G's.

No it wasn't. The extremely unimpressive proto you see on page 1 was available. WIDELY.

At SDCC, something radically different was shown. That was the collectible people wanted and within days of seeing the new proto isn't wasn't available. WIDELY.

Can you blame people for not getting their preorders in early when until SDCC what was shown was no more impressive than the DX12? No, because people are not precognitive.

WIDELY.

That something widely different is still a toy.
A $750 toy now. That fact didn't change.

And even as a crappy proto, it would've sell still. It's batman. The DX12 is now sold out. Sought after. Is it a good figure? No, it is not. Batfans are still getting him.

Worst case scenario, you could've sold this 1/4 if you didn't like it.

And that unimpressive proto you talk about, is still WIDELY shown at SSC page as well as all the other retailers. Even ebay auctions show that crappy proto.

Not everyone buying this piece visits this boards. Not everyone knows about the changes HT did.

What I'm getting at, is why blame scalpers?

If you feel like paying, good. Doesn't hurt me.

Why is it that, just because someone is entitled to an opinion, feels that said opinion can not be ridiculed by others? Is that so bad? In your opinion this piece is worth $750. Fine.

Doesn't mean I can't find that atrociously ridiculous. And be open about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Well I am not sure scalpers are 100% to blame but they are part of it. I think I can answer some questions.

1. I didn't pre order this figure because the proto looked like **** and expected the final product to end up looking like **** to. Most others didn't pre oder it either hence why they are resorting to scalpers.

2. Where else are we going to get it then?

3. That's you and I agree its just piece of hollow plastic and not worth it but I think you should respect others who just have to have the EX no matter what the cost.

4. Now that I totally agree with. However, the sellers won't sell it for less so temptation gets the better of some people and this is what happens. I would rather people not cave in either and not buy it so the price wouldn't go up but people just can't resist.

5. I don't think its the wait, its more the fact that they will miss out on the EX. Like I said before getting it early is just a bonus to them.

Even if I crapped money it's the principle of the thing, that I would not spend more than $600 on this. However, I have nothing against other people that do except they make it harder for folk like me to go against his principles and buy the figure. :gah: :lol

What do you mean by this? I am pretty sure there are some very rich people on these boards. Heck, I think this Hobby is basically for rich people.

No I think it is out of control also but it is what it is.

I know you say you are not trying to start a war but it sounds like you are as you keep harping on this subject and calling people nutty for buying this. Since this figure sells out for these huge prices I don't think it is just these people on the boards that are responsible for this but other people that don't even participate in these forums as well IMO.

I'm not. And if by saying nutty I offended anyone, I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention. I was referring to the fact of spending that much.

But ok, I'm done. I have mine, paid retail. Quite happy about it.

I'm not rich by any means btw. Just prudent.

And even as a crappy proto, it would've sell still. It's batman. The DX12 is now sold out. Sought after. Is it a good figure? No, it is not. Batfans are still getting him.

I like the figure and disagree that it is not a good figure, however, the cowl ruins it for me.

Might be hard to sell a figure that is just an bigger size DX12 and because of the size shipping will be expensive. That's why I didn't pre order because large items cost a lot to ship and I was worried I would be stuck with it because in my experience people don't want to pay high shipping cost.

And that unimpressive proto you talk about, is still WIDELY shown at SSC page as well as all the other retailers. Even ebay auctions show that crappy proto.

Not everyone buying this piece visits this boards. Not everyone knows about the changes HT did.

I disagree, I think those spending $700 plus know about the changes. Furthermore, I think most people that buy these figures know by now regardless of what pics are on ebay that it doesn't look like that crappy proto.

It's because they set the prices and if you don't buy it someone else will.

If it doesn't bother you then why go on about it?

Why is it that, just because someone is entitled to an opinion, feels that said opinion can not be ridiculed by others? Is that so bad? In your opinion this piece is worth $750. Fine.

Yeah I think you are entitled your opinion the problem is going on about it. I mean I wish what you said changed things and the people would stop buying these things then the prices would drop, but that's not going to happen.

I'm not. And if by saying nutty I offended anyone, I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention. I was referring to the fact of spending that much.

I totally agree with you it is spending too much but because of scalpers and people who are willing to pay scalpers the price they are asking for this is what happens. People on the boards here are paying these high prices for the EX because if they don't someone else will and it will sell out.

But ok, I'm done. I have mine, paid retail. Quite happy about it.

I'm not rich by any means btw. Just prudent.

Ok I am not on your back about it or anything just trying to get you to see where other people are coming from. So don't feel pressured by this, I was just offering an explanation. :peace

A lot of people didn't get a chance to preorder because there was nothing worth preodering for them until SDCC then it was gone in no time. So what if it would've still sold? I don't understand your argument. You say people had plenty of time to order it before SDCC so they should have gone ahead whether they liked it or not on the chance it would be improved, and just sell it if it wasn't?

What kind of logic is that? I had less than 0 interest in this figure before SDCC. I wasn't going to jump to 1/4 scale, especially if that was what we're going to be getting. By your logic, I should have tossed my complete indifference aside and ordered it then. Ridiculous.

People have a right to be upset that the figure they wanted was not available to order and now it's just being scalped.

And the ridiculous argument that the people that want it now don't know it's been updated since they don't frequent these boards... holy hell, man.

Last edited:
BBTS still had them at $430 in late July- I know because I POed my second one at that time after seeing the SDCC pics!

A lot of people didn't get a chance to preorder because there was nothing worth preodering for them until SDCC then it was gone in no time. So what if it would've still sold? I don't understand your argument. You say people had plenty of time to order it before SDCC so they should have gone ahead whether they liked it or not on the chance it would be improved, and just sell it if it wasn't?

What kind of logic is that? I had less than 0 interest in this figure before SDCC. I wasn't going to jump to 1/4 scale, especially if that was what we're going to be getting. By your logic, I should have tossed my complete indifference aside and ordered it then. Ridiculous.

People have a right to be upset that the figure they wanted was not available to order and now it's just being scalped.

And the ridiculous argument that the people that want it now don't know it's been updated since they don't frequent these boards... holy hell, man.

A lot of people had 0 interest on the DX12 based on proto pics as well. Look what happened there.

And I know people have the right to be upset.
Why at scalpers is my question.

And yes, 100% of the people that buy scalped toys visit these boards. That makes sense.

:exactly:

:goodpost:

Yeah do you seriously believe that franpincho? :huh

I buy multiples of figures early. Hot Toys has a proven track record and 99% of the time its a great product. Some of you guys wait till official pictures, and I get it. Guess what though, by coughing up the cash early, I got it for cheaper. Also with more and more Hot Toys SELLING OUT before official pics, you cant do it anymore. I have no sympathy for people complaining about scalpers as everyone had equal opprotunity to get one. I dont mind paying upfront a year before release if im getting 8~10% off. Did it with all the Avengers and dx 12 &11.

One last thing, I HATED THE PROTOTYPE. Still preordered two.

Last edited:
I buy multiples of figures early. Hot Toys has a proven track record. Some of you guys wait till official pictures, and I get it. Guess what though, by coughing up the cash early, I got it for cheaper. I dont mind paying upfront a year before release if im getting 8~10% off. Did it with all the Avengers and dx 12 &11.

No they havn't, most people would agree the likeness to Bale or Ledger from their TDK line has always been poor, so why would we expect this figure to turn out with nearly dead on likeness to Bale as Batman, since their proto pics sucked and Hot Toys up until this point has never made drastic improvements to their final products before like they did with this? :huh

Back