Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like they have a new distributor.

Really, who? There is no other American distributor. Unless Joel stealth infiltrates the Hot toys inventory warehouse, lashes himself to a shipment of Hot Toys 1/4 batmen and just as the security guards catches him red handed, Surprise! Joel flips the switch on his utility belt, a light up parachute with lightweight steel cable wiring shoots out, he menacingly stares down the security guard, and within a few moments, a south korean drug smuggler aircraft flies above, catches the steel wire, and Joel skyhooks it the hell out of hong kong with our Batman stock.

Otherwise, this is all BS. No way BBTS is getting their stock that early.

Really, who? There is no other American distributor. Unless Joel stealth infiltrates the Hot toys inventory warehouse, lashes himself to a shipment of Hot Toys 1/4 batmen and just as the security guards catches him red handed, Surprise! Joel flips the switch on his utility belt, a light up parachute with lightweight steel cable wiring shoots out, he menacingly stares down the security guard, and within a few moments, a south korean drug smuggler aircraft flies above, catches the steel wire, and Joel skyhooks it the hell out of hong kong with our Batman stock.

Otherwise, this is all BS. No way BBTS is getting their stock that early.

You forgot to add. After all that happeneds the trademark Batman music plays.

hi guys... after playing with mine a bit, here's what I think.
overall figure: I like it, especially the suit. if you just stand it side by side with EB bats, this one is more stunning :monkey1

the base is cool but kind of annoying. they should make the rocks removable.

the Bale HS is really great. much better in hand than you see in photos. looks really like bale IMO & definitely much better than EB's bale sculpt

the cowl sculpt: for me the eyes a bit too big & still can't match EB's cowl sculpt likeness :lol
this is just my first impression. going to play with it a bit later :wave

edit: @rorywan: did you futz the kneepad? the kneepad need to be fixed

Last edited:
Not really.
This figure is very complete offering many different display possibilities (backpack, sonar head etc...).
The empty cowl seems to be the only missing part and with it the EX feels like a complete package.
Beyond that I'm not sure why you are so bothered by what others think.
All you do in this thread is criticize. :dunno

I completely agree with this. That's why I got on the EX waitlist even though I have a reg on order with BBTS. If I end up with two, I'll just display one at my office.:yess:

If I only get the reg, I'll use the Mattel Movie Masters "evidence" cowl to fool the noobs...

I wanna see the HT cowl on the EB figure. If it does not look ackward, the next challange will be putting the suit on the EB body. Then you will have both at the same size and no more complaints. I hope somebody will have enough funds to try it.

Ankles: I don't actually know, I haven't had the ***** to pull the boots off yet, but they seem to be difficult to side tilt, if you know what I mean?
So depending on the angle of his lower leg it can be a little tricky getting his soles flat on the ground. I might just need to familiarise myself with the body more.

Sounds like the same design HT has been using on their 1/6 figures. :(

I have trouble articulating why, and how much, I hate this design. I actually plan to do a video rant about it. The new ankles are taking away my desire to pose my figures and literally spoiling this hobby for me. Full ball-jointed ankle articulation is the key to intuitive artistic expression through a figure. I honestly believe this and I have a sick feeling in my stomach when I think about the new ankle design.

Straps: Yikes, I hate them too. More so on this than the 1/6th. I might let you loose with a scalpel before I chop up mine. :lol

:lol

I will most likely buy a parted out set to mod... depending on the price.

Shoulders: Yeah, the armor is just too big, should be easy enough to heat fix if it's like the 1/6th, seems like it is.

It's a shame really. The shape of the shoulders look really good to me (unlike the DX12), and I worry that reducing size will compromise shape.

I think the real problem is that the head is too small, but that can't be fixed. Shrinking the shoulders is a way to disguise that.

No, just that the power to individually position them allows you to spend too much time checking that they are aligned. :lol

Oh wow, I didn't realize this had separately posable eyes. So they aren't really "PERS" then?

6_zps2bd14e0b.jpg

You're pictures are making me so glad I ordered this thing.

**** me Rory :thud:

I think that's what the gif in your sig is whispering... :lol

:lol

OK. Let me set your record straight:

1. This is possibly the first, or the second, time I have actually labelled you a troll. That's because I find your general 'knowitall' attitude and condescension troll like. I also probably always consider you a troll due to the fact that.....

2. Biggest. Hypocrite. Award. Take a bow because you just won it.

Jokes&Bats, who used to be YellowJoshua, who created a secondary account here: Blackadder, just so they could send me threatening and abusive private messages.

So, I guess you should really feel sorry for yourself in the first instance. :lol

Confirmed by the Darklord Dave himself way back when.

:hi5:

Oh snap. This post made me happy. :)

:rotfl

Gorgeous photography. Excellent posing. Terrible futzing.

So far the only person that has futzed this figure well (and posted pics) is Rory.

Honestly, if it weren't for his pics I would be dealing with slight buyers remorse still.

If anyone is too fussed about not being able to get an EX at this late stage (and even that is assuming that more don't become available from SS through cancellations or increased stock), worry not. I'm sure within a few months there will be plenty of 1/4 cowls for sale on ebay.

And I would think recasts would become available as well.

one more thing to add. the boot is two piece actually.
however, it's different from DX 12 boots.
you almost can't see where it connects, it around the ankle area

one more thing to add. the boot is two piece actually.
however, it's different from DX 12 boots.
you almost can't see where it connects, it around the ankle area

At least two people disagree with you. Have you actually pulled the shoe part off the boot?

Yes :D

I called and email cmdstore yesterday asking when id get billed. The responses were different.

The email said "soon", since the manufavturer told cmdstore that they will ship in september.

The rep i spoke to though, said cmdstore will start shipping end of october

At least two people disagree with you. Have you actually pulled the shoe part off the boot?

I might be wrong, last time I checked, I hold down the upper parts of the boot around calf area. then I rotate the feet (lower parts of the boot) left & right.
the upper parts area didn't rotate and stayed there while I held it.
It's not one piece like enterbay's.
rory, desisandy or others who also have this, please confirm :lol

Couple of quick ones.. will set up properly later.

1_zps238561a6.jpg
2_zps48bf30fc.jpg

friday-damn-o.gif

I was never going to get this for a few reasons, mainly that I don't really want to delve into 1/4, especially for a human figure, and especially for TDK Batman. (No actual issues with the TDK suit in the movie, but for some reason I'm not really a fan of it as a figure?) If they do a good Joker, I might be interested.

And not that this needs to be reiterated at this point, but they absolutely knocked this out of the park. While some face plates are a bit... dumb, this is probably the best HT has made teeth look.

I might be wrong, last time I checked, I hold down the upper parts of the boot around calf area. then I rotate the feet (lower parts of the boot) left & right.
the upper parts area didn't rotate and stayed there while I held it.
It's not one piece like enterbay's.
rory, desisandy or others who also have this, please confirm :lol

I think Rory and retaane both said they are all in one piece, but Rory did seem a bit unsure about ankle construction so I'll be curious to hear what he says.

I actually don't mind the boots being in two parts as long as it's not obvious. It will make working with the ankles easier.

Back