Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more videos:

emarae video #1 (footage at 5:53):

[ame]https://youtu.be/YCVaoJsvxEE[/ame]

emarae video #2 (footage at 0:52):

[ame]https://youtu.be/XwI1-ih3fKM[/ame]

Sean Long video (footage at 15:13):

[ame]https://youtu.be/c54Cl8Wp2io[/ame]

That's part of the reason why I'm okay with the fact that it says "The Dark Knight Rises," and not "The Dark Knight" or "The Dark Knight Trilogy;" because, even though it is from the TDKR license, the figure represents all that he's been able to overcome; he really is The Dark Knight Rising.

The "TDKR" name plate actually really bugs me. If I got this, I'd either cover up the plate or stand him up on his own.

Just a plain old carved/etched batarang symbol logo would have been fine, or simply "Batman". Though "The Dark Knight" would be something I'd prefer considering that rubble base is straight from Dark Knight where the fire fighters look up and see Batman atop the twisted rocks and metal examining the coin (which should be included). The Sonar head, Sticky bomb gun, back pack cape, and glove cuff links are also Dark Knight centric.

Anyway, it isn't about the base, it's about that figure and his gear which look to be superbly done.

Last edited:
looks brilliant it really does, but who else gets the feeling that this wont be the figure that we get ?? I have just got to the point where i have a real apprehension about what im going to receive.

HT have a real habit now of just churning out cack after showing us a real stormer of a prototype.

I really want this to be as it looks at SDCC and i hope HT prove me wrong !!!

looks brilliant it really does, but who else gets the feeling that this wont be the figure that we get ?? I have just got to the point where i have a real apprehension about what im going to receive.

HT have a real habit now of just churning out cack after showing us a real stormer of a prototype.

Except this one has been the opposite. The proto pics looked like a 1/4 scale DX12 with great accessories and the 'finished/revised' product looks amazing. Normally they don't make such drastic improvements.

I'm sure many would understand your apprehension, but I personally believe that what we're seeing now would be the item that we would get indeed.

We were supposed to be getting this

951_batman.jpg

And after the smoke has cleared I'm confident that we will be getting this

tumblr_mq4gyqfSzf1snogyzo1_500.jpg

HT would know better than tease us with something that we won't get our hands on after making us wait and complain and hope that this would turn up a great figure. They wouldn't want the wrath of their fans :lol

Pulls scarecrow mask off crane in beginning of dark knight, pulls clown mask of the the doctors in Pruitt building scene and busts banes mask with gauntlet in tdkr. So I dunno. They are removable I'm pretty sure. It is pretty cool they included them tho. But I understand why you wouldn't want your display base littered with masks they kinda clutter the display!
Totally agree with batfan=symbolism

:exactly: They are removable. It is reported on the proto photos!:lecture

I'm sure many would understand your apprehension, but I personally believe that what we're seeing now would be the item that we would get indeed.

We were supposed to be getting this

951_batman.jpg

And after the smoke has cleared I'm confident that we will be getting this

tumblr_mq4gyqfSzf1snogyzo1_500.jpg

HT would know better than tease us with something that we won't get our hands on after making us wait and complain and hope that this would turn up a great figure. They wouldn't want the wrath of their fans :lol

i hope your right i really do , cos this looks so so good !!!

I'm probably going to call SS today about switching my NRD for the Hulk to this. My question is, does SS eventually blacklist people who pull this kind of stuff frequently? I've never asked them to do this for me before so I'm hoping they won't give me too much grief or say no outright.

I'm probably going to call SS today about switching my NRD for the Hulk to this. My question is, does SS eventually blacklist people who pull this kind of stuff frequently? I've never asked them to do this for me before so I'm hoping they won't give me too much grief or say no outright.

You are allowed one NRD change.

They are removable. To me, the stand is all about symbolism, and that's what I love about it. While the three masks represent his victories, the rubble represents one of his greatest losses, and a pivotal moment in the saga. That's part of the reason why I'm okay with the fact that it says "The Dark Knight Rises," and not "The Dark Knight" or "The Dark Knight Trilogy;" because, even though it is from the TDKR license, the figure represents all that he's been able to overcome; he really is The Dark Knight Rising.

I love your analysis. Thats the great thing about symbolism, it's open for interpretation.

Shame they didn't include ras' gas mask...but that alone isn't enough to represent who he was.

Shame that snake eater thinks they're pointless. I think they're cool little, optional accessories.

Oh and, have no worries my fellow collectors. THIS IS what were gonna get.

I'd go as far and positively say the one on display is an actual production piece. We're getting so close to release that there's no way HT are displaying an updated proto.

Similar thing happened with dx07 Luke. Prior to release, the final product was shown at HT japanese store right (or something like that..point is, he was shown)...of,course, due to poor lighting, fans thought they were getting a piece of crap. In the end, we ended up with a fantastic product.

This emotional roller coaster has come to an end and HT are bringing us in for a safe landing. Fear not friends, this IS a production piece. And what we see is what we WILL get.

Mark my word fellas.

Shame that snake eater thinks they're pointless. I think they're cool little, optional accessories.

It's just nice that they are actually separate, removable pieces and not actually sculpted onto the actual base. That way it's optional for eveyone -- from those who think they are pointless to those who love them either for the good feeling of getting more value for their money or for the great symbolism it gives, like an ode to the trilogy. :)

Oh and, have no worries my fellow collectors. THIS IS what were gonna get.

I'd go as far and positively say the one on display is an actual production piece. We're getting so close to release that there's no way HT are displaying an updated proto.

I would not say no way but I think it would be unlikely to give us something else, however, I would not be surprised.

This is the most impressive thing I have ever seen Hot Toys create, if only they could sculpt Ledger with nearly dead on likeness as this. :thud: Well... maybe they could in this scale. :dunno

Similar thing happened with dx07 Luke. Prior to release, the final product was shown at HT japanese store right (or something like that..point is, he was shown)...of,course, due to poor lighting, fans thought they were getting a piece of crap. In the end, we ended up with a fantastic product.

It's interesting that you mention lighting, I showed these pictures to someone else and they think nothing has changed and it is just the lighting that is making the eyes look more quinty. Not sure I believe that but that thought did cross my mind.

This emotional roller coaster has come to an end and HT are bringing us in for a safe landing. Fear not friends, this IS a production piece. And what we see is what we WILL get. Mark my word fellas.

I hope you are right. :pray:

It's interesting that you mention lighting, I showed these pictures to someone else and they think nothing has changed and it is just the lighting that is making the eyes look more quinty. Not sure I believe that but that thought did cross my mind.*

It seems that they're not aware that there never was the famous Bale duckface on the original set of faceplates from the original protos, and even the smirking/neutral faceplate (the one on the Sonar Head at the SDCC display) looks waaaay better than the old protos shown. Those are obviously not just lighting. The bat-emblem on the chest obviously has bigger wingspan, too. :)

EDIT: Sorry, are you just talking about the PERS eyes? Anyway, I think they look much better than the first proto, too, and it's not just lighting.

Jumped on the waitlist for the exclusive and then preordered the regular from BBTS. I'll scrape together the funds for this somehow, as I see this being a grail for a Batman collection.

It seems that they're not aware that there never was the famous Bale duckface on the original set of faceplates from the original protos, and the smirking/neutral faceplate (the one on the Sonar Head at the SDCC display) looks waaaay better than the old protos shown. Those are obviously not just lighting. The bat-emblem on the chest is obviously has bigger wingspan, too. :)

The proto came with an open mouth though, but was never displayed and that is another reason people are saying nothing has changed. They say the only difference now is the open face plate has been shown and the lighting is too dark to see the eyes. However, once again not sure I agree but did think that was a possibility. Just like I am not 100% convinced they changed the MOS body but my instincts says they have and it does look obvious but I can't be certain, since Hot Toys promo pics were photo shopped to begin with anyway.

Regardless, whether things have changed or not, the sculpt looks good with the open mouth piece and the fact that you can't see the eyes in what I consider normal light is good enough for me. :yess:

Back