Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The proto came with an open mouth though, but was never displayed and that is another reason people are saying nothing has changed. They say the only difference now is the open face plate has been shown and the lighting is too dark to see the eyes. However, once again not sure I agree but did think that was a possibility. Just like I am not 100% convinced they changed the MOS body but my instincts says they have and it does look obvious but I can't be certain, since Hot Toys promo pics were photo shopped to begin with anyway.

Regardless, whether things have changed or not, the sculpt looks good with the open mouth piece and the fact that you can't see the eyes in what I consider normal light is good enough for me. :yess:

I see what you mean.

However, on the original proto shots, you could tell that we're seeing an entirely different faceplate set -- though we still have to see the third one. My guess is that the duckface takes the place of the clenched teeth face, and we are yet to see an angry closed-mouth face. Eitherway, the neutral/smirking face looks better now than the old one, too :)

PD1343618017p42.jpg

I see what you mean.

However, on the original proto shots, you could tell that we're seeing an entirely different faceplate set -- though we still have to see the third one.

Yeah they do look like different face plates but I can't be 100% certain. :gah:

My guess is that the duckface takes the place of the clenched teeth face, and we are yet to see an angry closed-mouth face.

Yeah looks like it.

Eitherway, the neutral/smirking face looks better now than the old one, too :)

PD1343618017p42.jpg

From what I have seen in the new pics of this face plate on the base is that it does look different as there is no smirk. Looks quite neutral and slightly angry. So you are probably right, well I just hope you are. :wink1:

People that say nothing has changed have terrible eyes for observation.

Eyes are debatable, but other things are obvious.

People that say nothing has changed have terrible eyes for observation.

Eyes are debatable, but other things are obvious.

Agreed. The faceplates being the most obvious change, it looks exactly like bale now.

I see what you mean.

However, on the original proto shots, you could tell that we're seeing an entirely different faceplate set -- though we still have to see the third one. My guess is that the duckface takes the place of the clenched teeth face, and we are yet to see an angry closed-mouth face. Eitherway, the neutral/smirking face looks better now than the old one, too :)

PD1343618017p42.jpg

Agreed. I'm just happy and a little surprised that for once, i'm finally more excited about an open mouth faceplate than any of the others. Might be the default one I go to. I know we haven't seen any of the others (being used on the figure) but if that "mouth breathing" isn't Bale I don't know what is. With the modified cowl and eyes, that faceplate is, dare I say it, near perfect imo.

Looking at this thread has become torture. The only way I could seriously entertain getting this would be by selling of my DX12 first. But then, I'll have all these 1/6 TDK figures and one giant bat. Batman vs. the munchkin rogues.

First world problems. :lol

Looking at this thread has become torture. The only way I could seriously entertain getting this would be by selling of my DX12 first. But then, I'll have all these 1/6 TDK figures and one giant bat. Batman vs. the munchkin rogues.

Might give you a damn good excuse to just go ahead and get yourself fully acquainted to the world of 1/4 scale. If they release other figures in 1/4 from TDKR line, they're only going to be held to the same standard this one is. You're talking about some world class figures if thats the case.

Might give you a damn good excuse to just go ahead and get yourself fully acquainted to the world of 1/4 scale. If they release other figures in 1/4 from TDKR line, they're only going to be held to the same standard this one is. You're talking about some world class figures if thats the case.

Yep, things to consider. It all comes down to finances in the end, though. I've reached my limit for collectibles this year, so I will have to finance it by getting rid of some beloved items. Part of the fun of having a small collection and needing to keep it small for the time being. My collection will be more free to grow in the future, but not until we have a new house and our upcoming car purchase paid off.

Depends on your outlook but I want accuracy.

Doesn't have this suit in begins.
Never meets the joker in his bank robber mask.
Banes mask never comes off.

Seems very rushed and gimmicky to me. Hope they are removable.

You're definitely missing the point.

They are removable. To me, the stand is all about symbolism, and that's what I love about it. While the three masks represent his victories, the rubble represents one of his greatest losses, and a pivotal moment in the saga. That's part of the reason why I'm okay with the fact that it says "The Dark Knight Rises," and not "The Dark Knight" or "The Dark Knight Trilogy;" because, even though it is from the TDKR license, the figure represents all that he's been able to overcome; he really is The Dark Knight Rising.

Perhaps I'm overanalyzing it, though.:lol Anyway, more beautiful pickchas for your viewing pleasure:

:lecture It's clearly all about symbolism.

And no, you are not overanalyzing it.

This thing actually looks even better under a flash. That's a very good sign.

The proportions looks so much better than the proto. No more monkey arms, and the torso has a nice straight transition, doesn't taper.

I'm not convinced that they changed anything about the cowl though. Did they?

Yep, things to consider. It all comes down to finances in the end, though. I've reached my limit for collectibles this year, so I will have to finance it by getting rid of some beloved items. Part of the fun of having a small collection and needing to keep it small for the time being. My collection will be more free to grow in the future, but not until we have a new house and our upcoming car purchase paid off.

:goodpost: Hey, bro, I certainly respect priorities. I'm right there with you. For me, it was either get the DX12 and stay with 1/6 scale or pre order this figure, pickup the EB Bats, and go 1/4 only. I chose the 1/4 route. The key to collecting isn't necessarily about having a lot of money (obiviously it helps) it's about spending what you do have wisely. Skipped out on a DX12 (which goes for practically the same price as this guy in certain places) and decided to wait out the 1/4. Patience has certainly paid me back for doing so.

Maybe not. It seems to look better because of the vastly superior mouth and the eyes.

Brows seem improved and not crazy narrow, but again, it might just seem that way.

It's a shame the DX12 doesn't have those nice curvy shoulder pads.

Maybe not. It seems to look better because of the vastly superior mouth and the eyes.

Brows seem improved and not crazy narrow, but again, it might just seem that way.

The only thing I can tell is look at the nose, the little bulges. Just like the movie.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5879042&postcount=3768

Depends on your outlook but I want accuracy.

Doesn't have this suit in begins.
Never meets the joker in his bank robber mask.
Banes mask never comes off.

Seems very rushed and gimmicky to me. Hope they are removable.

It's supposed to be a culmination of the journey. The masks of the enemies he's conquered. For us they're like trophies. For him, they're symbols of victory. It has nothing to do with what suit he was wearing when he fought or met who, or if Bane's mask never came off in the movie. They're there to commemorate his triumphs. And to me, it's like he's standing atop a mountain. Like he's king of the hill. Even though the base is symbolic of one of the worst times in his life. That itself is a victory as he overcame that too.

I ended up getting rid of my DX12 and glad I did to replace him with this huuuuuuge improvement. I have a Begins Batman to battle all the 1/6 villains but this will be the embodiment of the entire Nolan trilogy (and my first QS) so I think if you got rid of your DX12 and you got this, you wouldn't give DX12 a second thought IMO. In the end I think it comes down to space and preference.

Back