Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though SS told me no delay from August, there's little chance unless it hits HK within the next 1-2 weeks. Would they do a release while cons are going on?

Possible- with HT anything possible. Lack of BW sculpt makes me think they still are tweaking and figure not in production...be prepared for another long wait.....:impatient:

Even though SS told me no delay from August, there's little chance unless it hits HK within the next 1-2 weeks. Would they do a release while cons are going on?

It's possible they would release something during SDCC but I don't see them doing it for Ani-Com. I think the week after Ani-Com, we should be seeing a release or two and possible a few PO's go up for others.

I have a question. Can they charge you a cancellation fee if you've cancelled too many things? I let the DX 12 go when I saw what it looked like, and, at the time of my Pre-Ordering the Tumbler and the 89 Batmobile (boy how things change), I'd lost my card and cancelled it, but forgot to update SSC, and they cancelled automatically. I thought someone said something about cancellation fees last time I called, and the only reason I ask is because I think I may need to let my SSC EX. Joker PO go, as I'm not thinking the SSC line is going to be a reality for me anymore.

I would be careful. Too many declines and cancellations will lead to you being black listed from their site.

When we get our hands on this figure (and hopefully soon), whether it totally blows EB's out of the water or at least at par with it, I agree with those who said that we also have EB to thank for this change. HT's had attempts on Bale Batman more than any guy's fingers on one hand. It's obvious that HT rested on their laurels for a while until EB came along and got applauded at least for the HS more than anything else, and it happened a few months after HT first unveiled the protos for this QS001. Competition can really make competitors more competent. Then all the backlash happened. Whatever else contributed to this change, I'm happy it changed for the better.

To me, while different, both HT's and EB's are now accurate as far as Bale's likeness under the cowl is concerned. EB's totally captured the younger Bale from Begins, while HT's captured the older, exhausted but meaner Bale Batman from TDKR.

I believe that a mod should edit the OP to include whatever pics have been taken of this, now, in place of the pics of the crappy proto.:lol

New pic from Mr. Michael Crawford:

sdcc2013_sideshow_142.jpg

Source: https://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2013/sdcc2013_sideshow_hottoys_bottom.htm

Back