Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
483315_10150946937452271_694332775_n.jpg

The Hot Toys sculpt looks so awful compared to the real deal. And they want $500 for this? :lol Its sad because I really wanted this to "stand out" and bring 1:4 to a whole new level of realism that 1:6 figures can't acheive. As many others have said, this looks exactly like a blown up 1/6 figure.

Blown up version of 1/6 with awful CB sculpt. The 1/6 head sculpt is much better looking I think.

Blown up version of 1/6 with awful CB sculpt. The 1/6 head sculpt is much better looking I think.

Whenever I look at those pictures it makes me go :slap and :gah:

Hot Toys is better than this. HT charging $500 for a blown up 1/6 figure is unacceptable! I am not holding my breath for any major changes to this release....maybe they'll get their head in the game on TDKR 1/4 2.0

I think the 1/6 has a better chest sculpt too. This guy's chest is almost DX02 quality. Among some other things.

Erm...the pose looks pretty neutral to me, very close to that real pic in fact except for his body being turned slightly. :dunno

Well the pic to the right IS a neutral pose. He looks relaxed and standing straight. Probably taken a good distance away, but zoomed in(like a telephoto lens). The Left is not. Trust me. If you look at other pics of this at Ani-com, that are different angles, you will see that his back is arched backward causing the chest to poof out and making the chest and shoulder area look bigger. Which makes the neck and head look smaller than they really are. Which btw, i think is a terrible pose to begin with...it bugs me alot...
I understand that its said often from people defending things they like by saying things like "oh but its the camera angle" or "its the focal length" or whatever. But those things do have an effect on how a subject looks. If you dont have it in your hands you must understand those rules.
Heres an example:
493.jpg

Now im not saying the 1/4th is perfect, because its not. The undersuit mesh for example. so I believe there are areas that need to be worked on.
And i dont mean to sound upset or anything so hopefully no hard feelings.

483315_10150946937452271_694332775_n.jpg

The Hot Toys sculpt looks so awful compared to the real deal. And they want $500 for this? :lol Its sad because I really wanted this to "stand out" and bring 1:4 to a whole new level of realism that 1:6 figures can't acheive. As many others have said, this looks exactly like a blown up 1/6 figure.

It's also still a prototype :wink1: But yeah as it stands, if it were final it'd be a waste of a release in regards to accuracy.

if not, then there is always EB to save the day :rotfl

Bill comes charging with his mighty Ferrari making claims about their definitive dark knight, and how they only need one try to get it right.

It's also still a prototype :wink1: But yeah as it stands, if it were final it'd be a waste of a release in regards to accuracy.

im not one to really complain about inaccuracies but...damn...that mouth sculpt is waaaaaay off...if you look at 89 Bats and EB's 1/4 BB all you see is Keaton and Bale...this...i dont know...its off and needs to be addressed...the rest of the figure looks good to me, but the mouth needs work.

im not one to really complain about inaccuracies but...damn...that mouth sculpt is waaaaaay off...if you look at 89 Bats and EB's 1/4 BB all you see is Keaton and Bale...this...i dont know...its off and needs to be addressed...the rest of the figure looks good to me, but the mouth needs work.

No doubt. Still that body looks ace so far.

:rotfl:rotfl

And people at FB were saying it looks perfect the way it is. They Probably need their eyes checked

If most of people are saying on FB that this figure looks perfect, than Hot Toys will not bother on fix all the issues....

can't decide between this one or the EB one to go with the EB Joker,..heeeellllllppp!!!!!,

its whatever you like. personally i really like the EB Joker, the more pics i see make it look incredible, but if it doesnt inspire those feelings in you...pass and get this.

If most of people are saying on FB that this figure looks perfect, than Hot Toys will not bother on fix all the issues....

guess they havent seen the EB BB...oh well here's to hoping this gets fixed.

its whatever you like. personally i really like the EB Joker, the more pics i see make it look incredible, but if it doesnt inspire those feelings in you...pass and get this.

thanks guinness,..the eb joker i will be getting,...what i said was that i can't decide which batman to go with it,.. i just love both!! :gah:

thanks guinness,..the eb joker i will be getting,...what i said was that i can't decide which batman to go with it,.. i just love both!! :gah:

:slap duh sorry about that :lol 1 to many beers....between this and EB BB id go EB BB, better likeness, and looks totally bad ass...but this is a proto and will probably look sweet once OMG gets to highlight it with good quality pics, and whatever tweeks HT may do...but for my money right now go EB.

Back