Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think there's something to say about the difference between accuracy and impressive "presence". The EB Bats is definitely more screen accurate, and does look cool as well (I'm getting one)... but despite the faults the Hot Toys one definitely promises to have a jaw-dropping presence and be a conversation piece in that scale.

I was knocked out by this but see the problems on the cowl- here's hoping HT actually does something to fix it.........

Not to knock this figure down, it certainly is quite impressive.
I certainly considered this also when choosing on which 1/4 to get, but the main reason in my opinion the EB has an the edge over the hot toys is that when you look at the EB figure, when futzed properly, it almost looks like 1:1 scale representation.
The hot toys, again. Even though it's impressive, it still retains a toylike look, still looks like an blown up dx12.
If it would have looked almost like the image to the right, then the decision on which 1/4 to buy would have been much harder.

483315_10150946937452271_694332775_n.jpg

Not to knock this figure down, it certainly is quite impressive.
I certainly considered this also when choosing on which 1/4 to get, but the main reason in my opinion the EB has an the edge over the hot toys is that when you look at the EB figure, when futzed properly, it almost looks like 1:1 scale representation.
The hot toys, again. Even though it's impressive, it still retains a toylike look, still looks like an blown up dx12.
If it would have looked almost like the image to the right, then the decision on which 1/4 to buy would have been much harder.

Great comparison showing how much hot toys ____ed up the cowl.

Dear Lord people! you take the worst photo taken of this and judge the accuracy. First the pose this is in is awful and doesnt do it any justice. I guarantee you with a neutral pose, you will see differently.

Here's the thing with the Hot Toys figure: There is still plenty of time for them to tweak/fix it. Now whether they actually do is anyone's guess, but they certainly have a track record of listening to feedback and changing products based on the reaction from solicitation pics.

Compare that to Enterbay... who goes out of their way to not show you actual pics of their items now until they're completely finished in production. While they can sometimes produce a truly great item (like their 1:4 Batman) others (such as 1:4 Joker) could clearly have been perfected had they gotten early feedback.

It's still a crapshoot.

I'm debating whether or not to pre-order. As far as whether or not they'll fix it, I don't know. I think that one of the best possible gauges for that will be the DX 12. If we see a lot of corrections in the final product, I think that there's a good chance that this will see a lot of corrections as well. That being said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the final QS 001 blows the prototype out of the water. This thing was rushed. I have no doubts about that. Two of his interchangeable faces were photoshopped into the final official pic, his HS looks like it's a throwback to the DX 02, his undersuit is loose fitting and isn't even the correct material, and the Wayne head seems like it still was being worked on from the nose down. There's no way in hell that they're going to release that as the final product.

I'm debating whether or not to pre-order. As far as whether or not they'll fix it, I don't know. I think that one of the best possible gauges for that will be the DX 12. If we see a lot of corrections in the final product, I think that there's a good chance that this will see a lot of corrections as well. That being said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the final QS 001 blows the prototype out of the water. This thing was rushed. I have no doubts about that. Two of his interchangeable faces were photoshopped into the final official pic, his HS looks like it's a throwback to the DX 02, his undersuit is loose fitting and isn't even the correct material, and the Wayne head seems like it still was being worked on from the nose down. There's no way in hell that they're going to release that as the final product.

My $500 prays you're right. :lol

Dear Lord people! you take the worst photo taken of this and judge the accuracy. First the pose this is in is awful and doesnt do it any justice. I guarantee you with a neutral pose, you will see differently.

Erm...the pose looks pretty neutral to me, very close to that real pic in fact except for his body being turned slightly. :dunno

I most certainly agree with you. There's lots is aspects that show that HT did not want to miss the opportunity to showcase the figure so what was shown was an early stage prototype.
What concerns me though, is that with all the exemplary work HT has done, with their extensive number of masterful work, from blade, all the ironmen, sparrow, etc...they can't do justice to the most important focal point of the figure, the cowl.

I most certainly agree with you. There's lots is aspects that show that HT did not want to miss the opportunity to showcase the figure so what was shown was an early stage prototype.
What concerns me though, is that with all the exemplary work HT has done, with their extensive number of masterful work, from blade, all the ironmen, sparrow, etc...they can't do justice to the most important focal point of the figure, the cowl.

They would've never allowed EB to steal the show with their 1/4.

I think HT 1/4 was being held together by gum. :lol

Honestly, I think that, overall, this figure was a success for HT. I think it was just as much of a crapshoot for them. HT was counting on the "bigger" aspect for this thing to succeed, and it did. This thing is what I like to call the "DXXL". It's the DX02, and the DX 12 rolled into one massive 1/4th scale beast, and I don't think that HT would purposely treat something so definitive so poorly. This thing is an early WIP at best.

Honestly, I think that, overall, this figure was a success for HT. I think it was just as much of a crapshoot for them. HT was counting on the "bigger" aspect for this thing to succeed, and it did. This thing is what I like to call the "DXXL". It's the DX02, and the DX 12 rolled into one massive 1/4th scale beast, and I don't think that HT would purposely treat something so definitive so poorly. This thing is an early WIP at best.

With 10 months to go, more than likely your hunch is right.

The Hot Toys sculpt looks so awful compared to the real deal. And they want $500 for this? :lol Its sad because I really wanted this to "stand out" and bring 1:4 to a whole new level of realism that 1:6 figures can't acheive. As many others have said, this looks exactly like a blown up 1/6 figure.

Back