Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If most of people are saying on FB that this figure looks perfect, than Hot Toys will not bother on fix all the issues....

I just posted about this in the DX11 thread. I think HT is moving into a more mass market mentality and the days of 'tweaking' are pretty much over with. They will listen to the mass approval over the freaks. If they say it's good, it's good. I have tried time and time again to get the people on FB to hear 'our' side but all they do is ridicule and call us haters. They are going to ruin HT.

I swear I don't know how you over seas guys do it. All the stuff I hear about shipping and customs fees is depressing. I wouldn't have nowhere near the collection I have today.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately can't do much but weep :monkey2

And then you see all the US people complaining about prices :lol But fortunately if you buy figures off eBay you don't tend to pay the customs fees because the seller will declare it as a low value gift

I just posted about this in the DX11 thread. I think HT is moving into a more mass market mentality and the days of 'tweaking' are pretty much over with. They will listen to the mass approval over the freaks. If they say it's good, it's good. I have tried time and time again to get the people on FB to hear 'our' side but all they do is ridicule and call us haters. They are going to ruin HT.

The funny thing is when you're really new at this level of collectibles then for some reason you're not able to see the little (or in this case huge) inaccuracies, I remember not too long ago thinking that the DX02 was the most perfect thing in the world, then I saw Void's Medix, and now saw the EB Batman Begins, now I'm able to see all the little details that are off on the DX02, and now I can actually see a lot of issues on this figure, issues so big that IMO is not worth to buy. I really really hope Hot Toys doesn't stay with the guys from FB and they keep looking perfection on their figures, because I know they can do so much better than this.... And why not, abandon PERS one time for all... IMO PERS take accuracy on the figures, they can take the route EB has taken, giving more than one head sculpt.

The funny thing is when you're really new at this level of collectibles then for some reason you're not able to see the little (or in this case huge) inaccuracies, I remember not too long ago thinking that the DX02 was the most perfect thing in the world, then I saw Void's Medix, and now saw the EB Batman Begins, now I'm able to see all the little details that are off on the DX02, and now I can actually see a lot of issues on this figure, issues so big that IMO is not worth to buy. I really really hope Hot Toys doesn't stay with the guys from FB and they keep looking perfection on their figures, because I know they can do so much better than this.... And why not, abandon PERS one time for all... IMO PERS take accuracy on the figures, they can take the route EB has taken, giving more than one head sculpt.

:goodpost::exactly:

Well John Roberts keeps on posting pics on their FB page showing the inaccuracies, and what needs work. Hopefully hot toys takes notice, and starts working on it immediately. Still have lots of time before release date, and i'm fairly confident we'll see some changes on the figure.

Yeah, I agree. I am in no way a nitpicker, but when things are off enough like the heads here, DX12 cowl, Bane body etc, noticeable issues that extremely hurt the figure overall..it is hard to ignore.

The majority posting on FB think this is fine though, so where is the incentive to fix anything? Not to mention HT just has so many things they have yet to release..i just feel something has to give and that will most likely be tweaking things the Facebookies already approve of.

Maybe we need to start a massive campaign to take them out.:dunno

I see a few freaks on there but certainly not enough.:lecture

483315_10150946937452271_694332775_n.jpg

The Hot Toys sculpt looks so awful compared to the real deal. And they want $500 for this? :lol Its sad because I really wanted this to "stand out" and bring 1:4 to a whole new level of realism that 1:6 figures can't acheive. As many others have said, this looks exactly like a blown up 1/6 figure.

:lol

That's a disgrace. Hopefully this pic will show some members here just exactly why the 1/4 is so bad as it currently stands.

Correct. It is.

Has all the innacuracy of the 1/6 just blown up to 1/4. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here. I you like it, good for you.

But I strongly feel the novelty of the scale is blinding many. The cowl sculpt is simply laughable and the fact the Wayne head is actually worse than the 1/6 is inexplicable.

Correct. It is.

Has all the innacuracy of the 1/6 just blown up to 1/4. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here. I you like it, good for you.

But I strongly feel the novelty of the scale is blinding many. The cowl sculpt is simply laughable and the fact the Wayne head is actually worse than the 1/6 is inexplicable.

I guess they expect the size and more accurate gadgets to make up for it:dunno
Either way I PO both this and the DX12 so I'm happy :blissy

Everything is fine with this figure, except the headsculpts IMO, After how accurate the Enterbay Cowled Headsculpts are on the Original Costume, HT should match up too.

Not going to the Wayne sculpts as both companies didnt do much on that, but cmon I have seen the 1/4 scale figures in hand, and trust me, the details become so much larger in the new scale, that anything thats off will not be easy to ignore.

Specially the cowled head.. the mouthplates dont resemble Bale at all here...

i agree it doesn't look that good but hey im not buying it .

If you have the money you could get it on the basis that it's the last movie and then if you don't like it sell it, it's gonna be worth more after release anyways no matter whether it is sealed or opened.

it's funny how everyone is picking on John Roberts over on hot toys' FB page. He's doing a fine good job showing off what's wrong with the figure.
I Just feel sorry for the guy since everyone's picking on him :lol

Damn good Job :yess:

Last edited:
If you have the money you could get it on the basis that it's the last movie and then if you don't like it sell it, it's gonna be worth more after release anyways no matter whether it is sealed or opened.

i want to like this but come on how many batman's have hot toys put out ? there keaton batman his jaw looks like keaton this 1/4 is suppose to be bale i don't see it
no_way.gif

Back