Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, we don't. I must be the only person in the world sick of Ledger figures. TDK saga was great, but man does it need a rest. Specially that damn Joker.

A rest? We are still waiting on ANY Premium Formats from that saga and a 1/4 Joker is an absolute must have for those not into 1/6. Enterbay is nice, but HT or SS could do better and it would be cheaper.

All I can say is that if HT treats every 1/4 Scale release like this one, they may very well have a smash hit on their hands. This really is the DEFINITIVE TDK Trilogy Batman, in my opinion. The quality is as high as could possibly be, they've included every possible accessory, some of which fans probably even forgot about (the Drill and Radiation Detector), and, honestly, I really don't see the need for another Quarter Scale TDK Batman, from any company, really. Are there inaccuracies? I'm sure there are, but the point is that I really can't see anybody topping this offering, and, if they do, it will be so marginal of an improvement that it probably wouldn't be worth the effort. What could they really improve? An accurate cowl design, a slimmer belly, and a new cape? :lol

Point is, imagine a Joker figure as definitive as this? Multiple headsculpts, outfits, and every accessory imaginable. Would it be expensive? No doubt, but it'd be awesome to see, nonetheless. Personally, though, I'm dying to see them make a Begins Batman. Though, to get the impact that this figure had, you'd probably have to do it DX Luke style with an accurate First Night Out suit.:lol

[QU OTE=Jokes & Bats;6772628]Then we get the months and months of moaning about the colour of his socks, how many tail things his coat has and the colour of his coat lining. Yawn.[/QUOTE]

Add the 130 custom head sculpts and Kato underwear spamming the thread.

No thank you. If they want to continue doing 1/4 Batman figures, give Keaton the spotlight for a change. And Nicholson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No thank you. If they want to continue doing 1/4 Batman figures, give Keaton the spotlight for a change. And Nicholson.

I disagree about Joker, but, as far as Keaton and Nicholson go, **** YES! I've always thought the "1/6th and 1/4 Scale" announcement for Returns was a mistake, because I think 89 is way more iconic, IMO, and more worthy of the 1/4 Scale treatment. I think of this line the way some people think of the DX line; QS really should be reserved for the cream of the crop, character wise.

[QU OTE=Jokes & Bats;6772628]Then we get the months and months of moaning about the colour of his socks, how many tail things his coat has and the colour of his coat lining. Yawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I love the Joker and I love Ledger - but we need a very long break before any new figures of him.

Where's my John McClane figure?!!?!?

All I can say is that if HT treats every 1/4 Scale release like this one, they may very well have a smash hit on their hands. This really is the DEFINITIVE TDK Trilogy Batman, in my opinion. The quality is as high as could possibly be, they've included every possible accessory, some of which fans probably even forgot about (the Drill and Radiation Detector), and, honestly, I really don't see the need for another Quarter Scale TDK Batman, from any company, really. Are there inaccuracies? I'm sure there are, but the point is that I really can't see anybody topping this offering, and, if they do, it will be so marginal of an improvement that it probably wouldn't be worth the effort. What could they really improve? An accurate cowl design, a slimmer belly, and a new cape? :lol

Point is, imagine a Joker figure as definitive as this? Multiple headsculpts, outfits, and every accessory imaginable. Would it be expensive? No doubt, but it'd be awesome to see, nonetheless. Personally, though, I'm dying to see them make a Begins Batman. Though, to get the impact that this figure had, you'd probably have to do it DX Luke style with an accurate First Night Out suit.:lol

100% agree with you- this is the ultimate Nolan Batman figure.

I prefer the EB one personally. But yes, this piece is great looking.

EB's one is just freaky good IMO though.

I prefer the EB one personally. But yes, this piece is great looking.

EB's one is just freaky good IMO though.

The Enterbay does look fantastic, but, overall, I just think this is the more impressive package. Those EB headsculpts are very impressive, but I just think there's something about this one that's sort of overwhelming, really. The Begins suit is one of my favorite movie Batsuits ever, but it's also got its own set of limitations to worry about, when you think about it from the perspective of a figure. While design wise, I think I might prefer the Begins suit, I feel like the TDK suit makes for a better figure. It's more posable, and, when you factor that in with all of those accessories and the sculpts (which I feel are on par with EB's, quality wise, from photos). Even though the EB Begins Batman came with a lot of stuff, itself, you can't really get the variety you could with this one, if you get where I'm coming from.

The Enterbay does look fantastic, but, overall, I just think this is the more impressive package. Those EB headsculpts are very impressive, but I just think there's something about this one that's sort of overwhelming, really. The Begins suit is one of my favorite movie Batsuits ever, but it's also got its own set of limitations to worry about, when you think about it from the perspective of a figure. While design wise, I think I might prefer the Begins suit, I feel like the TDK suit makes for a better figure. It's more posable, and, when you factor that in with all of those accessories and the sculpts (which I feel are on par with EB's, quality wise, from photos). Even though the EB Begins Batman came with a lot of stuff, itself, you can't really get the variety you could with this one, if you get where I'm coming from.

I can't argue with that. As a love package, this thing has it all. The attention to detail in the accessory department is something EB could only wish to accomplish. And the materials? No contest. HT hands down.

The EB has that statue factor to it, it's like a museum piece that (unfortunately) you can't really touch all that much. I think the HS's on the HT one (while awesome looking) are still a bit undersized and can't really compete with what EB did on their first try. It is quite limited in movement, but even the BB suit 1/6 HT are. It's just how it's meant to be.

I'm not trying to put down this piece in any way, I love mine and I'll never let it go... All I can say is that while I think the EB is the best Nolan Batman figure bar none, I (as a Batman fan) feel really lucky to own both these masterpieces.

So let me get this straigh, to attach the stock-cape, you actually have to push the whole clip with the cape inside to that little hole and under the armor?
Holy crap, that's going to take some swearing and pliers. :)

^^^ It was actually not that hard, not sure why many people have problems with it. Then again I had practice on the DX02 and DX12 before this, but since this is bigger, it was actually a lot easier.

been awhile since I visit this thread. I got mine pretty early and has it's kneepads on wrong direction. anyone can tell me is there anyway to fix it? or has it been fixed on later batch? thanks:wave

^^^ It was actually not that hard, not sure why many people have problems with it. Then again I had practice on the DX02 and DX12 before this, but since this is bigger, it was actually a lot easier.

Looks like you were lucky! On mine I had to pull up the shoulder armor pretty high to get one of the clips in. The other would NOT go in no matter what I did though. In the end I just went with a custom cape. No clips!

Back