Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a quick (and crappy) tablet photo for you, buddy! I hope it's good enough though

20140426_022517_zps7a48ff3d.jpg

This is perfect, thanks, mate! I just wanted to see how the pieces were positioned from your description of it.

that cowl looks good. did you do tony mei's "face in cowl" mod?

Yes! I did just about every mod discussed in the QS001 thread. The mouth piece is probably placed deeper into the cowl than it really is in the films, but to me it looks a hell of a lot more realistic the way I have it. This figure is just about perfect to me now.

Yes! I did just about every mod discussed in the QS001 thread. The mouth piece is probably placed deeper into the cowl than it really is in the films, but to me it looks a hell of a lot more realistic the way I have it. This figure is just about perfect to me now.

looks great, but i'm really afraid to do it and ruin the cowl.

what kind of blade did you use? an exacto-blade is enough to cut through the plastic?

did you mess around with the foams inside the batsuit to improve the proportion? if so, can i see pictures?

for those who asked, this is the link that contain detalis about the "face in cowl" mod, idealized by tony mei: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ps-for-Hot-Toys-1-4-Dark-Knight-Figure/page13

I just used an exacto blade on mine. Worked fine for me! I removed the fat suit and the piece of foam that the figure had on the abs. I then cut the foam part in half and stuck the halves on his hips to take care of the tiny waistline the figure gets. I also added a wad of electrical tape to widen the hips a bit more...enough so that the utility belt *just* closes around his waist. Unfortunately i did not take pics.

I just used an exacto blade on mine. Worked fine for me! I removed the fat suit and the piece of foam that the figure had on the abs. I then cut the foam part in half and stuck the halves on his hips to take care of the tiny waistline the figure gets. I also added a wad of electrical tape to widen the hips a bit more...enough so that the utility belt *just* closes around his waist. Unfortunately i did not take pics.

have you posted pics with the result in the mod topic? if not, could you please show us?

and also, you think your mods contributed for narrowing the shoulders?

sorry for all the questions, it's just i've spent some serious cash on this guy and and want to gather as much information as i can beforre cutting it up.

thanks, man.

have you posted pics with the result in the mod topic? if not, could you please show us?

and also, you think your mods contributed for narrowing the shoulders?

sorry for all the questions, it's just i've spent some serious cash on this guy and and want to gather as much information as i can beforre cutting it up.

thanks, man.

If you go through the 1/4 batman customisation thread there's whole heaps of photos and people removing the fat suit and where people took pads off and things of that nature

Well, in the most recent interview with Howard Chan, he said that they should be announcing their next 1/4 scale figure very soon. So, it looks like there's still hope for this line to continue, after all.

Well, in the most recent interview with Howard Chan, he said that they should be announcing their next 1/4 scale figure very soon.

Here's hoping it's going to be joker! Would love to get one and hopefully it would include a ton of accessories as well like the Batman. :)

I still think it'd be awesome if it was a definitive Begins Batman in the same scale as this guy. It'd be interesting to see if they could go head to head with EB and come out on top.

Back