Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cowl still looks too long for the body but maybe that is what it is suppose to look like.
...Well I am not saying they are not but do we have any comparison pics from the movie and the figure to prove this point?

eba1ef9cd282d720b43cdf6c45e9b73f_zps95839dde.jpg

267c717f24a3b124f0bda7e04083d2e1_zps717eb982.jpg

batmanBegins120405.jpg

ebbatman003labc01b2.jpg

Here ya go. The EB's cowl is just fine. The earlier pic you were referring to, I think the guy's cowl was just sitting too high on the body making the cowl look too long.

And as far as the 1/4 HT...darkavatar, although we have a shared hatred on PERS, I think for me personally...I don't like PERS only on 1/6 scale.

On rory's pics, the PERS Looks magnificent.

1_zps238561a6.jpg
2_zps48bf30fc.jpg
5_zpsb2ad885d.jpg
4_zps39da0bbd.jpg
7_zps768a5be2.jpg
6_zps2bd14e0b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Remy,

People are outside of their mind if they think the EB Batman Begins is anything less than spectacular. It's dead on.

:exactly: :hi5:

As I mentioned earlier,
Both HT and EB are pretty much on par on quality.
Both has its shares of slight flaws here and there, but overall, they're both magnificent.

eba1ef9cd282d720b43cdf6c45e9b73f_zps95839dde.jpg

267c717f24a3b124f0bda7e04083d2e1_zps717eb982.jpg

batmanBegins120405.jpg

ebbatman003labc01b2.jpg

Here ya go. The EB's cowl is just fine. The earlier pic you were referring to, I think the guy's cowl was just sitting too high on the body making the cowl look too long.

Yeah I posted that first pic before. I can't find a screen shot from the film with the cowl from front on.

And as far as the 1/4 HT...darkavatar, although we have a shared hatred on PERS, I think for me personally...I don't like PERS only on 1/6 scale.

On rory's pics, the PERS Looks magnificent.

1_zps238561a6.jpg
2_zps48bf30fc.jpg
5_zpsb2ad885d.jpg
4_zps39da0bbd.jpg
7_zps768a5be2.jpg
6_zps2bd14e0b.jpg

Well this isn't really PERS its ERS. :lol

Nevertheless, the eyes look fake and plastic looking to me and as Rory said in his IMO it doesn't like a real person whereas EBs one does. Also other people that have it still say it is kind of bugg eyed and I would have to agree but not to the extent of the DX12. It doesn't look too bad though.

I think the eyes on HT batman are fine. but not squinty enough.
I also wish it could be better, but maybe it will be sometime before we see another 1/4 tdk nolan batman suit, might as well enjoy it :yess:

I think the eyes on HT batman are fine. but not squinty enough.

This is the point I was trying to get across as well. At first I thought the eyes were a little big, but they are fine. The issue is that they are not squinty enough, as you said, as we are used to seeing Bale squinting a lot in the film, otherwise, in-hand, the eyes look fine to me.

It really doesn't matter anyway. When you have this figure posed on your shelf with a light source from above, you'll hardly see the eyes, and they will look fine, trust me, so stop worrying people :) of course, if you shine a light directly on the figures face, the eyes will look strange, but it won't look like that on your shelf.

I don't think the issue with the EB Batman is the length of neck but how high the headsculpt sits on the figure. You can hide it pretty well with a cape which adds volume to the shoulders. As Remy did with his putting the cape above the neck rather than under it.

Well this isn't really PERS its ERS. :lol

Nevertheless, the eyes look fake and plastic looking to me and as Rory said in his IMO it doesn't like a real person whereas EBs one does. Also other people that have it still say it is kind of bugg eyed and I would have to agree but not to the extent of the DX12. It doesn't look too bad though.

No. I said the eyes were beautiful. They are. There is nothing fake and plastic looking about them. Hulks eyes were also fantastic, a new level for HT eyeballs. They could be a little squintier a little larger to be honest. But no problems really.

As for the EB cowl being too long... It's not. It's pretty great apart from being a little too glossy. Remy's pics demonstrate how good it is perfectly. And I will stand by my original statement, as good as HT's 1/4 Batman is, the winner for "the most realistic looking" figure, still goes to EB.

The head on the HT QS001 is a little too small and narrow, the neck is a little too long, the cowl is an unrealistic shape (a human head could not fit inside it, especially the mouth jaw area) but it is still an amazing release and has a huge amount of strengths which the EB doesn't. You can't compare like for like, because they are completely different things.

IMO. :lol

Last edited:
No. I said the eyes were beautiful. They are. There is nothing fake and plastic looking about them. Hulks eyes were also fantastic, a new level for HT eyeballs.

Never said you said the eyes weren't I said others have said they looked bugg eyed and you said the figure doesn't look like a real person whereas EBs one does.

Nevertheless, the eyes look fake and plastic looking to me and as Rory said in his IMO it doesn't like a real person whereas EBs one does.

The lack of proper sentence punctuation and the formation of this statement, suggest that I also feel that the eyes are unrealistic.

So why doesn't it look like a real person to you is it the faceplates?
Too many minute things to list.
It's all very subjective (and pointless).

It's a great figure.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I think you pulled it up a bit high. Make yourself a shim that is the exact height needed to get the perfect length, and you'll never have to think about it again.

Agreed, plus the angle of the pic exaggerates it a bit. Probably will mess with it tonight.

Regarding the eyes, correct, they are not too big, they are open too wide, not squinting enough. Jim Harbaugh eyes wide open crazy dude wide. :)

They are really well done, but because they are independent (like Rory said) you'll spend way too much time futzing them. Another reason I would prefer painted eyes.

The lack of proper sentence punctuation and the formation of this statement, suggest that I also feel that the eyes are unrealistic.

That's true I should of put your thoughts into a difference sentence, your right the sentence I wrote made no sense especially part where I said "that in his IMO" what the hell was I thinking when I wrote that. :slap

. Sorry about that. :peace

Last edited:
Back