Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've read in interviews, recently, that all Howard Chan cares about is the bottom line. Why don't you prove it, Chan? Why don't you produce more EX. Batman figures? Or are you too chicken?

We've read in interviews, recently, that all Howard Chan cares about is the bottom line. Why don't you prove it, Chan? Why don't you produce more EX. Batman figures? Or are you too chicken?

He runs a successful company and $$$ are the end all....but at least he basically admits it.....so DX BB Batman should come along I would think...

Ok unboxed him at 6pm so been playing about with him for around 2 hours....

First initial impression when I opened the box was 'wow' the headsculpts are incredible unfortunately though that's where the high points of the figure end with me....

Eyes - crap, impossible for me at least (so far) to position them just right (I guess that's the good thing about PERS - they should avoid the problem of the figure looking cross eyes), just as I think I've got them right I put the head on the body and it goes back to look terrible :(

Cape - crap, much harder to plug into place than the DX12, once in it doesn't look any worse than the DX12 but I'll definitely be in for one of Tony's capes :impatient:

Stand - unbelievably crap and without doubt the most infuriating part of the package, I've given up trying to pose him for tonight because of this POS, what were Hot Toys thinking? :gah:

Knee Pads - crap, doesn't actually cover the knee :slap

Like I say I'm done doing anything else with this figure tonight I'll leave it till tomorrow/the weekend in the mean time I'm going to be doing a lot of picture finding to see how those more skilled than me have got this guy posed :wave

No. I said the eyes were beautiful. They are. There is nothing fake and plastic looking about them. Hulks eyes were also fantastic, a new level for HT eyeballs. They could be a little squintier a little larger to be honest. But no problems really.

As for the EB cowl being too long... It's not. It's pretty great apart from being a little too glossy. Remy's pics demonstrate how good it is perfectly. And I will stand by my original statement, as good as HT's 1/4 Batman is, the winner for "the most realistic looking" figure, still goes to EB.

The head on the HT QS001 is a little too small and narrow, the neck is a little too long, the cowl is an unrealistic shape (a human head could not fit inside it, especially the mouth jaw area) but it is still an amazing release and has a huge amount of strengths which the EB doesn't. You can't compare like for like, because they are completely different things.

IMO. :lol

:lecture The people who say the head is not too small are not thinking about him as a real person shrunk to 1/4 scale.

Agreed, plus the angle of the pic exaggerates it a bit. Probably will mess with it tonight.

Regarding the eyes, correct, they are not too big, they are open too wide, not squinting enough. Jim Harbaugh eyes wide open crazy dude wide. :)

They are really well done, but because they are independent (like Rory said) you'll spend way too much time futzing them. Another reason I would prefer painted eyes.

The PERS on my DX12 have been ERS for a while now and I futz with them a lot less than I did when they were parallel.

Little by little. These reviews are starting to make this figure sound like its a piece of ****. Like the dx12 :lol A week ago. This figure was made out to be a gift from god. What the hell happened?

The last 5 reviews of this thing have been 80% negative 20% positive. Last week it was the exact opposite. Maybe the guys over here in the states got a bad batch.:(

People will tell the negative ... even more on internet :dunno

:goodpost::exactly:

Nitpicking stuff- it is a TOY- not a shrunken Christian Bale in a batsuit- cripes it is a masterpiece- I got mine yesterday

Now the EB Bats is held out as a masterpiece- go see it's thread- ALOT of people were trashing the Bale HS and belt problem on it early on...

this is Freaks- Bi********* endlessly just a rule of thumb here

:goodpost::exactly:

Nitpicking stuff- it is a TOY- not a shrunken Christian Bale in a batsuit- cripes it is a masterpiece- I got mine yesterday

Now the EB Bats is held out as a masterpiece- go see it's thread- ALOT of people were trashing the Bale HS and belt problem on it early on...

this is Freaks- Bi********* endlessly just a rule of thumb here

Congratulation mate !

Someone can tell me if it's hard to change / remove the batteries ?

Thank you.

The PERS on my DX12 have been ERS for a while now and I futz with them a lot less than I did when they were parallel.

Agreed, I just meant getting it right the first time. Holding the head in your hand, trying to get them right while using that joystick to adjust them can be a little....trying. :pray: :wink1: :lol

Just a quick and fugly pic to show you can adjust the height a bit to get it to display with the EB stuff pretty well. Pull the boots off & pop them back in about two clicks, that should do it...YMMV. The posts are pretty long so its stable standing there. Mags, I didn't even feel the need to shim...I pulled the suit up as much as I could, popped the neck post & head on, then pushed down until I got it where I wanted it. If it sags over time I might stuff some cotton in there, but it seems to hold well. Regarding the off center knees...I must have spent 30 minutes or so twisting the suit over the legs until I got it to a happy place...no more Joe Theismann pencil sharpener legs. :yess: A little blue tac under the shoulder armor is keeping it locked in place. I am going to contact SS about a replacement belt, as you can see the round insert of the buckle is skewed.

Last edited:
Back