Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

I am itching to buy this, BUT for me the '66 Batmobile takes my $$$ first.

Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

I went with the Scfi Revoltech The Bat instead (and I have the Hot Wheels The Bat also). It doesn't have Ms. Kyle or the reactor but it's definitely much much cheaper. I have the Revoltech Tumbler as well and I love it.

Re: 1/12 Hot Toys - TDKR: The Bat Collectible - Regular + Deluxe (Official Spec + Pic

I hope loads more Nolan stuff gets released just to annoy the haters.

What's the point in moaning? If you don't like Nolan Universe Batman then fine - but don't come in a Nolan thread and whine.

I don't like X-Men but I don't find X-Men threads and post negative comments about it.

Lol how bout it. I get voicing your opinion but after that just move along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Article: 1/12 Hot Toys - TDKR: The Bat Collectible - Regular + Deluxe (Official S

This is great. This set will be in the same scale as my movie masters (of which I have every main character they made + the Batpod). Of course I expect the detail to be much better than Mattel's line, but hopefully, we'll get a 1/12 scale Tumbler (which I wanted ever since MM came out). And they don't even have to reissue this same 1/12 figure with the Tumber, they can release a BB-suit Batman in 1/12 that will go well with it. And for the deluxe version, Gordon (with driving hands) and fear toxin OD-ing Rachel. :lol

I think the Joker truck may still be a tad too large, for a display (even at 1/12), but it would be nice to set up a Vehicle-based Trilogy diorama.

Batman Begins:
Batmobile Tumbler + Begins-suit Batman + Gordon + Rachel

Villain-centered set:
Ra's + Microwave Emitter + SWAT truck (can be reused for TDK set)

The Dark Knight:
BatPod + TDK-suit Batman + Joker with Machine gun (+ SWAT Gordon - since the vehicle is so small, might as well include a third figure in the deluxe set)

Villain-centered sets:
Joker + GPD cop car
Two-Face + Maroni and Driver + Lincoln Town Car

Scarecrow+White van (with interchangeable crushed roof)

The Dark Knight Rises:
The Bat + Batman + Selina Kyle/Catwoman + the bomb (the set we're getting)

Villain-centered sets:
Talia + Bane with Camo Tumbler (one of the canon one's just to differentiate it from previous releases)
Talia's truck

I really don't think HT will spread out that much, but those are just some ideas.

BTW, I would TOTALLY buy a 1/12 Keaton Batman + Batmobile + Batwing. It'd be nice to finally get an official Keaton Bats on this scale.

Definitely getting the deluxe version! :panic:

Of course. That's the only to snag. Honestly, I can't believe we are actually seeing this thing finally come to fruition.

Last edited:

I went with the Scfi Revoltech The Bat instead (and I have the Hot Wheels The Bat also). It doesn't have Ms. Kyle or the reactor but it's definitely much much cheaper. I have the Revoltech Tumbler as well and I love it.

Do you have pix of both of these? I wanted to see them.

Whoa..a must have for me- good thing it's over a year away!!!!!!!!!!!!

infinite-yes-daniel-bryan.gif
daniel-bryan-yes-o.gif
infinite-yes-daniel-bryan.gif
daniel-bryan-yes-o.gif

Thank you- i AGREE:clap

Re: 1/12 Hot Toys - TDKR: The Bat Collectible - Regular + Deluxe (Official Spec + Pic

Agreed. Also, the line is very successful so dream on for those that want this line to die. We've had two major Dark Knight since Dark Knight Rises came out. That's not really that much compared other lines, and that's coming from a Marvel fan.

Yep- let them hate Nolan Bats...I think it's still the best examples of a superhero live action movie yet made.

I was worried they wouldn't include Catwoman.. today was a total surprise!! :yess:

Re: 1/12 Hot Toys - THE BAT - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/12th scale collectible vehicl

yah im glad it wont be out until late 2015 at the earliest. This year im totally full with POs.

Others have mentioned does this mean they will do other 1/12 items? the answer is....who knows? the way I look at it is The Bat is an exception because a 1/6 version is too big and its too fragile of a vehicle to be made at 1/6 for mass production. But I dont think we need a 1/12 Tumbler or BatPod. 1/6 is Hot Toys. I rather see them stick to just 1/6 unless a certain vehicle cannot be made into 1/6 because of the size and cost, then do a 1/12 of it.

Now if they started making 6 inch figures with incredible amounts or realistic detail like their 1/6 figures and better than any other company has ever done 6 inch figures, then i think that would be cool. But these figures look to be a little more on the normal 6 inch level of design for figures. A little more generic looking than realism.

Re: 1/12 Hot Toys - THE BAT - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/12th scale collectible vehicl

yah im glad it wont be out until late 2015 at the earliest. This year im totally full with POs.

Others have mentioned does this mean they will do other 1/12 items? the answer is....who knows? the way I look at it is The Bat is an exception because a 1/6 version is too big and its too fragile of a vehicle to be made at 1/6 for mass production. But I dont think we need a 1/12 Tumbler or BatPod. 1/6 is Hot Toys. I rather see them stick to just 1/6 unless a certain vehicle cannot be made into 1/6 because of the size and cost, then do a 1/12 of it.

Now if they started making 6 inch figures with incredible amounts or realistic detail like their 1/6 figures and better than any other company has ever done 6 inch figures, then i think that would be cool. But these figures look to be a little more on the normal 6 inch level of design for figures. A little more generic looking than realism.

I would totally buy a 1/12 scale Tumbler (that way, at least, we'd have ALL of the Trilogy Bat-vehicles and characters on the same scale when you count the Movie Masters). I understand that it gets harder to maintain high levels of detail the smaller you go (1/4 figures are more sharply detailed than 1/6 etc) but for the most part, 1/12 scale has been the domain of 90-100% all plastic mass-produced action figures. I'd definitely like to see what a company like Hot Toys can do in this space. The Play Arts Kai stuff is cool, and I'd like to see what happens when someone takes a more accurate (less stylized approach) to it on this scale. I'd consider paying around $80 - $100 for a 1/12 scale figure made of high quality materials.

I think they only did this in 1/12 just to scale it down some and make the thing somewhat reasonably sized

I look at it this way: arguably the most iconic appearance of the vehicle in the film is when it's flying over the harbor, ready to blow up. It's a scene in which this thing is so far away it looks like an ant. I'm sure you can use perspective creatively enough to justify the change in scale.:lol

Or just print out a hi-res pic of the toy, cut it out (make sure you stay inside the lines) and put it on the wall behind your collection for a measly .25 cents.

QFT!:lecture This man gets it.:lecture

Nah, we gotta support the floundering HT TDK trilogy line so they know there is still enough interest in it to keep making product from it. ;)

$779.99 for the Deluxe set!
Not bad...I wish it was 1/6!
Pass though!

Back