Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never picked this guy up. I definitely want him represented in my collection. I wonder if Hot Toys will ever revisit the character. Not sure if I should wait or throw down the money and pick him up now.

I never picked this guy up. I definitely want him represented in my collection. I wonder if Hot Toys will ever revisit the character. Not sure if I should wait or throw down the money and pick him up now.

I thought about this too. It seems with the armory and potential new Joker that HT is far from done with the Nolan license. I think its worth waiting on Dent 2.0, Scarecrow 2.0, etc.

I would wait. There's no guarantee of course that they will revisit this character. But the only reason this is going for the high prices it is now is because it's so scarce and there is no better version out...yet.

Honestly this figure may have been acceptable when it was released, but looking back on it relative to other figures that are out now, the production sculpt is very soft, and the suit, shirt and tie are very frumpy and bulky. HT Ledger Joker got FOUR versions, TDK(r)-suit Batman is on his way to his fourth release (armory bats seems to be basically a re-release of the DX12 body though), and we even got a detailed version of Gordon from TDK, with Alfred on the way....and this is the BEST they can do for Harvey? I don't think so.

The only way I would even consider this figure now is if it was going for less than retail. Paying double and triple for a figure that would look so out of place detail-wise in my collection is just a silly move IMO. I'd rather spend that amount on a detailed custom...if I was into customs. ;)

I don't think they've revisited less important characters. They have only released multiple versions of the most popular ones being batman and the joker. Gordon was made a few years after that's why he got a great sculpt, but no commissioner clothing. It looks like they wont be revisiting him with commissioner clothing as of now.. stated by hot toys. I personally think there is a very slim chance is them doing 2.0 two face and like 2% scarecrow lol. I personally went and got a custom which looks way better then the original.

I thought about this too. It seems with the armory and potential new Joker that HT is far from done with the Nolan license. I think its worth waiting on Dent 2.0, Scarecrow 2.0, etc.

Dude a scarecrow 2.0 would be awesome. That original scarecrow figure is ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. I got the original Two-Face so I'm content with them not re-releasing it, it wouldn't really matter to me because I like the figure. I'm getting the navy blue suit delivered to me so pretty soon I'll have a photo to share of Two-Face and Harvey in the dinner scene.

I definitely wouldn't mind Scarecrow. I didn't want the double pack because I don't really want Demon Bat. Plus, there was no Cillian Murphy head and I'm hoping if they do a 2nd one, that they will include it. The figure is very plain but then again, he didn't really have much accessories in the film and everything that came with that package was practically all he had, sans the head sculpt and a suitcase that he had his gas in to poison Falcone. I don't think I would spend more than $200 for it but I'll wait for some news because I'm sure prices will go down over time if there are no buyers.

I don't think they've revisited less important characters. They have only released multiple versions of the most popular ones being batman and the joker. Gordon was made a few years after that's why he got a great sculpt, but no commissioner clothing. It looks like they wont be revisiting him with commissioner clothing as of now.. stated by hot toys. I personally think there is a very slim chance is them doing 2.0 two face and like 2% scarecrow lol. I personally went and got a custom which looks way better then the original.

I absolutely agree that Batman and Joker were the most "popular" characters in TDK, and combined with the Joker-heavy marketing of the film and all of the interest and hype for it following Ledger's death, it's easy to see why that character got the most attention.

But, I disagree that Harvey was any less important than the Joker. In fact, I could even argue that he was the most important character in TDK. Batman (and Gordon) are basically fighting with the Joker over him. Also, Aaron Eckhart gave an amazing performance transitioning from justice idealist to despondent criminal.

Again, from a "what's popular?" standpoint, I see why HT focused on Batman and Joker. But Harvey Dent / Two-Face definitely deserves a better figure. In fact, going on the character's theme, a Two-Face 2.0 just makes sense. Instead of one body, and two heads/jackets...it should be a two-figure DX pack with Harvey and Two-Face, just like Bespin Luke. And as many have said before, if any figure might pull off a googly-eye PERS function, it's a Two-Face.

I doubt Hot Toys sees any incentive to revisit Two-Face again considering how poorly the MMS sold. Nobody seemed interested with the Batman, Joker and vehicles out there. Then when the DX line got unveiled it was really lost in the shuffle.

Two-Face is the only HT figure I ever saw sell far below $100, below a DCD figure. He sold horribly everywhere. From a business stand point, I'm not sure why they'd pursue the character again when they could easily put out another Batman and Joker and sell twice as much.

But, I disagree that Harvey was any less important than the Joker. In fact, I could even argue that he was the most important character in TDK. Batman (and Gordon) are basically fighting with the Joker over him. Also, Aaron Eckhart gave an amazing performance transitioning from justice idealist to despondent criminal.

Agreed. Last 10-15 minutes of the film was my favorite part.

^ That's all true, but if HT pays any attention to the aftermarket prices, (as they apparently did with the Tumbler and Bat-pod, which are probably way more expensive to produce than another figure) they'd know that there is a demand for another release of an "official" HT Two-Face, especially now that they are capable of so much better quality than when he was first released.

Nowadays, ANY Nolanverse Batman figure sells out at retail pretty quickly. TF BB/Bruce Wayne...gone (despite his crappy ankles and suit). SWAT Gordon...gone. Fourth version of Ledger Joker...gone. Bane...gone. Selina...gone. 1/4 Bats...gone. If despite this they are still nervous because the first MMS sold very slowly, they could always make the 2.0 a Toy Fair exclusive. Just knowing it is a "limited" release, combined with the fact that the original is going for ridiculous prices now, is enough to guarantee that another Two-Face won't be the 1/6 scale figure equivalent of a "peg-warmer".

I could see then doing a 2.0 of this figure, but not for a long while. Too many other money makers out there like thousands of Iron Man figures and repaints :rotfl

^^^ That's not bad, but kinda pricey. His briefcase was more like the leather kind. I was looking at the one he was carrying after the courtroom scene just as he was going to speak with Jim Gordon, but I think this may be the same one:

_2008-the-dark-knight-015-1351077912.jpg

I'm kitbashing a custom with my spare HT Harvey head and I ordered a navy blue suit that's on it's way. I already got the blue shirt and tie so I'm excited. Figured he should have a briefcase as well. I'm going for this look:

rachel-dawes-maggie-gyllenhaal-and-harvey-dent-aaron-eckhart-in-the-dark-knight.jpg

^^^ That's not bad, but kinda pricey. His briefcase was more like the leather kind. I was looking at the one he was carrying after the courtroom scene just as he was going to speak with Jim Gordon, but I think this may be the same one:

I'm kitbashing a custom with my spare HT Harvey head and I ordered a navy blue suit that's on it's way. I already got the blue shirt and tie so I'm excited. Figured he should have a briefcase as well. I'm going for this look:

This could work too! Let me know if you want it... I bought one for a bash I am doing and do not need it anymore!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DID-1-6-John-Coleman-Officer-Leather-Briefcase-Colman-UK-Army-WWII-DDX47F-/350970330844?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item51b7763edc

(...)

(...)

Can't wait to see it! Maybe this could work better, though it's a little rough and maybe a bit undersized:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/221117079468

BTW, since this is the "TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread" I think this belongs here: :lol

wzt8.jpg

^^^ Hahaha, thanks for looking! This would be great if it was only a few cm bigger. This would look like a hand purse with a 1/6 figure, LOL.

Hey if anyone knows where to get a decent looking coin let me know. Doesnt have to be perfect. Just the right size and shape. Im not gonna trouble myself too much with accuracy and take what i can get lol. Thanks guys

Back