Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys which body can I get to match the stock one? Dont mind using cheap knockoffs :D

Have a spare grey suit and would like to display normal head.

also Any ties that would match?

Reworked Two Face sculpt by member Elvis1976. In person, it feels like there's real ash on the burnt side. Just amazing. Then of course, the burnt Kato suit.

]

That is absolutely brilliant. Flawless work. Much love.

Looks like he's catching up with Mathew Modine.

Hahahahahahaahahaha. So true. I thought the EXACT same thing about MM. Well played, sir. :clap :lol

I own a Two Face... but I realize many collectors don't! I'd be very open to a second revisit... but I'd wish for them to at least give us an official R'as Al Ghul and also another Scarecrow while they're at it.

That said... I'm doubtful as the sales sucked for the original Two Face.

poor harvey. he needs more love. i bought his two-face head last summer because he was so expensive otherwise. and he'll always occupy a special place in my heart as the very first piece of a hot toy i ever owned.

i had already ordered a dx01 and just started building my kitchen diorama when i put harvey's head on a narrow tt that i had serendipitously found at ap collectibles. he was sorta a hodge podge then (and still is now), but i love him anyway.

harvey.jpg

those were the only clothes i had at the time. i'd bought them for the dx01 cop sculpt ~ so yeah, i guess you could say it was "prison/hospital" garb. ha!

nowadays i have harvey dressed in the zcwo construction coveralls. he's never going to look like he should, but he's very amusing in the mean time.

: D

SAM_0536_zpse0c01602.jpg
SAM_0585_zps8c31ae45.jpg
SAM_0534_zps03c7d409.jpg

Never posted pics of this guy, but I finally took some and thought I'd share. Won him on ebay four years ago, wish I knew who the painter/customizer was...

No way, man. Those old thin joints are worthless. You should change the whole body, or find some new hips and knees with thick joints. My first remembrance about new HT bodies connected with body on Hans Landa, he had new knees joints.
Also, you can get one of those cheap Narrow Shoulders bootleg bodies, they have what you need.

Anyone know hot to fix a loose knee?

Loose, or broken?

If loose, you can squirt a wee bit of superglue into the joints and move the joint slowly back and forth - so that way, as the glue dries, it doesn't glue it in place, just adds extra resistance to keep it from moving too loosely.

But it's very possible that it's actually broken - Hot Toys uses very brittle, thin plastic components that tend to wear away and fragment after a few years. It can be broken and still be "in place," so you won't know it until you try and pull the leg out of the knee joint.

And in that case, you have two options - get a replacement leg or fashion a replacement knee joint yourself, using styrene.

The latter option is of course much more involved, and requires components and tools (styrene, superglue, some drill bits, a dremel, some pliers). But if you've got several Hot Toys Truetypes (I've got nearly 50 Batman figures in my collections, almost all on Truetypes), it can be cost-effective in the long run.

And I always advocate learning to repair your own figures, as it gives you a much deeper knowledge of the components and the hobby.

Back