Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has probably made them afraid to show anything - with all the anticipation, its gonna have to be HT's best figure yet to not get ripped apart. Honestly they should not have even announced it without a close-to-final product to show because now no matter how good it is, it will never live up to all this hype.

:exactly: I said this before. They would've been better to just surprise us with this, not make people wait months and months for a pic.

Popping into this thread is like travelling around the world on an awesome adventure and then you rock up to your old bar and everyone there is still talking about last week's game and nobody even noticed you left.

Any word from Hot Toys on the release of this Christopher Reeve Superman Movie figure? Winter's almost over and still no word as promised.

That doesn't mean they don't have relatives there... I sure as heck don't know. Since there is also a Hot Toys in Japan...

That doesn't mean they don't have relatives there... I sure as heck don't know. Since there is also a Hot Toys in Japan...

It doesn't mean they do have relatives there either. Most likely scenario is Hot Toys isn't revealing anything else with this figure because they're not revealing anything else with this figure. 100 bucks the tsunami and Uncle Chen - or was that Uncle Suzuki - have nothing to do with their reveal schedule being where it's at.

It doesn't mean they do have relatives there either.

At least I don't have tunnel vision.

Most likely scenario is Hot Toys isn't revealing anything else with this figure because they're not revealing anything else with this figure. 100 bucks the tsunami and Uncle Chen - or was that Uncle Suzuki - have nothing to do with their reveal schedule being where it's at.

Unreal... the tone and that you are so selfish. A figure is more important to you than people's lives.

Whatever the case, I'm buying two if these for sure. The resale value of this figure a year after release is going to be epic!!!!

I think I am nuts but I might buy 3 or maybe 8 of them.:cuckoo:

This was my childwood dream having a high quality Superman figure.
One will not be enough to satisfy my hunger.

P.S. If they release it as limited edition, I am pretty sure this thing will be worth twice as much in just a couple of months after its sold out. Maybe 5 times more in a year or two.:exactly:

At least I don't have tunnel vision.

Unreal... the tone and that you are so selfish. A figure is more important to you than people's lives.

You would have been clearer about what you meant had you said that Hot Toys Hong Kong were concerned about their colleagues and professional affiliates in Japan, rather than their 'relatives'. I initially read your reference to relatives as confusing Chinese for Japanese, ie they all look the same, are all related etc.

A figure is not more important to me than people's lives. I just wanted to take you to task over what I inferred on first reading to be a racist element to your observation. I am Asian. I get that ____ all the time.

Peace man, chillax.

Last edited:
11jan31%20JUMPER%20(8).JPG

11jan31%20JUMPER%20(5).JPG

11jan31%20JUMPER%20(6).JPG

11jan31%20JUMPER%20(3).JPG

Not quite the direction I expected Hot Toys to go with this release. :dunno

Hot Toys = EPIC FAIL!

I mean, C'mon!! Yeah, that sculpt looks kinda like Chris Reeve, but the skin tone is waaay off and Supes's hair wasn't that short!

<< ejects barfstream onto monitor and claws out own eyes >>
:blissysmi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back