Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

it was 32 years ago today that i went to deansgate manchester to see superman on it first day of release ,it was my mate eddys 21 birthday ,how i enveyed him what a 21st birthday present ,happy birthday ed:wave ,so any ideas how long untill i can upgrade this guy :)
DSC05988.jpg
or at least see what im going to upgrade him for:lol

Key moment is when in Lois' apartment in the first one. Not when the glasses come off, but that whole change in stature and look when they do. Brilliant.

Thats the best scene, thats why Chris Reeve still the one and only Superman!:hi5:

I love that one. But my favorite is in Superman 2 when he drops his glasses in the fire, fumbles about, then walks off, his posture straightens, and he turns around.

...AND he makes it work with his back to the camera.

Reeve was a very underrated actor.

Wow, that's a nice custom Libby. What body did you use for it?

hi its a hot toys true type ,with a twist ,ok not a twist a bit of tape and some extra clothes :lol,first i wrapted tape around the arms not much but enough to give a little more bulk ,then i added a thin spandex body suit and padded the hollow areas with cotton not much but enough to smooth it all out in places like the shoulders and elbows, then a nother body suit a repo captain action with the neck cut out ,this seems to give a smooth sorta bulky body that to me anyway looks like chris reeves superman , the neck and shoulder came from some roto cast figure i had lying around ,cut out and fitted ond the figures shoulders then the costume over the top and thats it
DSC05985.jpg

it was 32 years ago today that i went to deansgate manchester to see superman on it first day of release ,it was my mate eddys 21 birthday ,how i enveyed him what a 21st birthday present ,happy birthday ed:wave ,so any ideas how long untill i can upgrade this guy :)
DSC05988.jpg
or at least see what im going to upgrade him for:lol

That's a nice Superman
I also remember going to see it in 1978 I was 7 and I went with my Dad, he took me to all the Star Wars OT movies as well. The Theater we saw it in is a Pub now.
Some people have said the Preview will be on Christmas day, but I have seen no evidence of this

hey man was that theatre in deansgate cos if it was its the same one i went to shame its a pub now ,nothing beats the old time city centre theatre ,but pubs are good too:)

That's a nice Superman
I also remember going to see it in 1978 I was 7 and I went with my Dad, he took me to all the Star Wars OT movies as well. The Theater we saw it in is a Pub now.
Some people have said the Preview will be on Christmas day, but I have seen no evidence of this

Wow that was an experience! if i only had that chance to see that movie in a theater. I only saw part 3 and 4 and i don't remember very much 2.

hey man was that theatre in deansgate cos if it was its the same one i went to shame its a pub now ,nothing beats the old time city centre theatre ,but pubs are good too:)

No it was in Braintree in Essex. It's a Lloyds Bar now. I guess alot of old Movie theaters have become Bars and clubs.

Something off about that mouth and nose.

Not as nice as this masterpiece.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9bQrGUpA8w0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9bQrGUpA8w0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Not as nice as this masterpiece.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9bQrGUpA8w0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9bQrGUpA8w0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I don't know, face looks a little too pink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back