Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm I want to see the movie first.... and how about finishing the figures from that other Zac Snyder film.

As another point - if we only got 2 from Watchmen how many are we likely to get from this licence ? I'm not familiar with the film but it does seem to be an ensemble cast rather than having key figures ? anyone know ?

I get the impression that Emily Browning is the only significant character. At first I thought all of the girls were in the dream world, but now I think it's only her.

Otherwise, no clue. Ill Jedi could tell all, but he won't.

devilof76 posts- tried to care. don't.

It's ok. I understand. You were probably born a Marvel fan. It's not your fault. :monkey1

istockphoto_4167079-attractive-young-blonde-holds-no-smoking-symbol.jpg

devilof76's nicotine addiction-breaks my heart. :monkey2 <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

See, it's much easier for me.

Thor - don't care
Tron - don't care
Captain America - might care. later.
Stranger Tides - tried to care. don't.
Indy - don't care
'89 Batman - don't care
Iron Man - don't care

Sucker Punch - extremely curious and I'm already sold on atleast three of the character designs. This movie has more rock n roll in it than just about anything I've seen in the past 10 years, and all I've seen is a trailer. Even if the elements that it's composed from aren't original, the story seems to be very much so, and who can't get emotionally invested in a beautiful, abused girl escaping from her captors?

lol to each his own but wow, I'm suprised someone doesn't care list contains so much big titles. :horror

I'm not familiar with the film but it does seem to be an ensemble cast rather than having key figures ? anyone know ?

Baby Doll is the main character.
Sweet Pea and Rocket are secondary characters.
Amber and Blondie have less screen time.

The bottom is bound to fall out soon enough actually. The mark up on some is horrendous, everyone remember the posting in Barney Ross' thread about the wholesale price versus the MSRP. I'd be willing to argue that Sideshow's 1/6 days are numbered really. The thing is if Hot Toys is the only game in the market really then I expect the fans and collectors to fall out before the company does. Look at Medicom, they charge almost $200 and near $500 for some 1/6 figures and vehicles without missing a beat. Hot Toys is actually bargain priced compared to them and so I see the prices only increasing when they've got competition that is already way higher. Its just the collectors who will become slimmer and slimmer.

I agree that the collector will fall out before the company but how many of us can afford $200 to $250 per figure? I know I can but I don't want to keep paying that for every figure in my collection. I find it astonishing how many people still buy just about everything HT or Medicom puts out. Never thought I would see Hot Toys and bargain priced in the same sentence! :)

I wish I could say I was because I'm most impressed with Sweet Pea. The line isn't worth it to me without her. If they do all three, I'll bite on each. If not, then I'll get her through Gentle Giant and forget the other two.
I'll be surprised if they don't make Sweet Pea, that is one of the very first statues that Gentle Giant made. Just Sayin'.

Well the recent trend of Spider-Man bucks your theory since that is a full fledged hot license compared to a virtually unknown property. If these are $150 and people can get it for $135 it'll still rot shelves. This has to come in at an MSRP at under $130 so people can get it damn near $100 for it to have any kind of chance
Well, The Spirit sucked ass and those figures have pretty much dried up. Sucker Punch is a MUCH better movie and even if people buy these for kit bashing, I'm sure they will do well in the $130-140 range.

...Plus Ill said it's good so I'm sure I'll enjoy it...
Happy to see my opinion holds some weight with someone. :)

...Sucker Punch - extremely curious and I'm already sold on at least three of the character designs. This movie has more rock n roll in it than just about anything I've seen in the past 10 years, and all I've seen is a trailer. Even if the elements that it's composed from aren't original, the story seems to be very much so, and who can't get emotionally invested in a beautiful, abused girl escaping from her captors?
:lecture

You are absolutely right about that, from what I hear this is a labor of love for Snyder and a good sign for Superman.

The villain in this is really good, plays the perfect A-Hole, making it even more emotionally investing.

...Ill Jedi could tell all, but he won't.
I signed a non-disclosure agreement, if I talk the sniper outside my window will hollow out my skull. :D

Baby Doll is the main character.
Sweet Pea and Rocket are secondary characters.
Amber and Blondie have less screen time.
Nope. Sweet Pea is equally as important and Baby Doll, maybe even more. You are right about the rest.

So it makes sense if they release Amber first...it'd be like SSII :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back