Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From recent trends, they're going to be $150 MSRP, but we will be able to find it for $135 from certain sellers.

But people are going to complain that like they have to pay $150 when they can get it cheaper elsewhere for some weird ****ing reason. :cuckoo:

Well the recent trend of Spider-Man bucks your theory since that is a full fledged hot license compared to a virtually unknown property. If these are $150 and people can get it for $135 it'll still rot shelves. This has to come in at an MSRP at under $130 so people can get it damn near $100 for it to have any kind of chance

If this makes less than Watchmen which by industry standard is a flop (even though I love it) then look for only these two. Figures, smigures this thins isn't profitable, it isn't getting made. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with one and then held the other back just in case. Rorschach was the marketing tool for Watchmen, for some insane reason they didn't come out with him first and even though it'd be a sure fire seller, I have a feeling that HT took such a bath on the figures they booted the license before even getting to it.

I'll be surprised if this movie breaks even. I'm a big fan of Snyder so I wanna see it... but I just can't see it taking off. It's a big gamble.

I'm really surprised they got IMAX to carry it... wonder if that will last longer than two weeks...

This film has these factors going against it, imo:
a) Female action films tend to under-perform at the box office.
b) No famous leads or box office draws in the film.
c) The most famous actor in the film is Jon Hamm.
d) No source material or anything for it to already have fans. (ie. nothing established like a comic book or graphic novel)
e) Movie was already pushed back (was supposed to come out in Nov 2010). Not sure why it was pushed back though...

This is going to have to have some amazing reviews to be a hit, imo. And I think most people are gonna be 50/50.

Like I said, I'm a huge Snyder fan so I'm rooting for him. Also excited to see this movie since hunni is going nuts. Plus Ill said it's good so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.... but, I'm happy Snyder secured Superman before this released. :rock

Plus... i'm pretty sure HT solely got the license so they could make this:
suckerpunchamber.jpg

If she comes first, you guys might not even get the main girl.

and to think she started out on The Real World.

From recent trends, they're going to be $150 MSRP, but we will be able to find it for $135 from certain sellers.

But people are going to complain that like they have to pay $150 when they can get it cheaper elsewhere for some weird ****ing reason. :cuckoo:

$135 is still too much for figures based on no-name actresses and uknown characters.

^ I have a feeling they will be the same price range as Silk Spectre II/Black Widow/Abigail Whistler.

No ____? Wow. :lol

Yup. The Real World San Diego I believe. I remember seeing Jamie on whatever season she was and the fact she is a C-Grade Actress even is still shocking from what I remember.

$135 is still too much for figures based on no-name actresses and uknown characters.

Agreed. The pricepoint will kill this line alone.

^ I have a feeling they will be the same price range as Silk Spectre II/Black Widow/Abigail Whistler.

Which is too much IMHO. While it won't happen the figures should be no more than $109.99 which means through ADs you could get it under $100. I have a feeling that since they are generic you'll see people chasing breakdowns and stocking up on the female TTs early.

Yup. The Real World San Diego I believe. I remember seeing Jamie on whatever season she was and the fact she is a C-Grade Actress even is still shocking from what I remember.

She's going to be in the Hangover 2 now, too. :lol

Perhaps they will release Sweet Pea or Vanessa Hudgens character as female true types? (Although I would far prefer Portman (Thor), Paltrow (IM) and Lively (GL) ones)

I really hope HT deliver with a great face sculpt of Browning:

uo8gF.png

I like the way Sakio of The One Sixth Warrior worded it, "Anyway the gist of the movie is, as my esteemed coworker put it, take everything that boys like--hot girls, guns, robots, samurai, robot samurai, girls with guns fighting said robots, biplanes, dragons and whatever else you feel like adding and stuffing them into cool/ridiculous outfits in the backdrop of a war/action flick. Voila, sucker punch! I just hope its not a group hallucination brought on by pharma testing ~_~"

YouTube - Sucker Punch - Trailer HD

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/PyXzQLvOJnQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/PyXzQLvOJnQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I've been hoping for Hot Toys Sucker Punch figures eversince I saw the movie trailer. So to find out Hot Toys actually got the license is AWESOME NEWS!!

I really hope that the sculpts will do justice to the actresses :D

I'm not really interested in this license right now, but when I see the film this might all change :lol

Definitely good news for the people who've been hoping HT would have this license! Congrats!! :rock

This is what surprises me about the level of interest in this licence already.

The film may suck. :lol

:lol

I'd probably also be more interested if HT didn't have all these other amazing licenses...

Thor, Tron, Captain America, On Stranger Tides, Indy... It's all getting a bit too much... I probably won't even be able to get into all of these licenses.

Sucker Punch looks right up my alley, visually amazing fightscenes with gattling gun wielding robot samurai things... dragons fighting aircrafts and what seems to be a pretty innovative and original story and vibe. Oh, and did I mention 5 hot girls as the heroes of the story :lol

But, due to all this awesomeness that HT is giving us, choices have to be made... So therefore I'll wait till after the film before deciding if I want a figure of this license :)

2011... The year of impossible decisions... :lol

2011... The year of impossible decisions... :lol

See, it's much easier for me.

Thor - don't care
Tron - don't care
Captain America - might care. later.
Stranger Tides - tried to care. don't.
Indy - don't care
'89 Batman - don't care
Iron Man - don't care

Sucker Punch - extremely curious and I'm already sold on atleast three of the character designs. This movie has more rock n roll in it than just about anything I've seen in the past 10 years, and all I've seen is a trailer. Even if the elements that it's composed from aren't original, the story seems to be very much so, and who can't get emotionally invested in a beautiful, abused girl escaping from her captors?

King Darkness' apathy - breaks my heart. :monkey2

Oh look. Tail with machine guns and swords. :monkey5

Did somebody say something??? :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back