Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old are these chicks supposed to be? They would need teenage size bodies.

I don't think they are supposed to be that young... I hope they put Baby Doll on the same body as the Alice figure (small chest)

Amber would probably have bigger sized chest... maybe Jill Valentine or Abigail body?

so.. after reading the synopsis, and seeing the trailer.. i can say I've got zero interest in watching this movie.

We're crazy, and we're going to pretend we're super heroes to break out of this asylum.....

good for those of you that want to see it, but i get the impression it's going to suck.

And by connection, glad HT picked up the license for those of you that wanted it. But not interested.

I'm not really interested in this license right now, but when I see the film this might all change :lol

Definitely good news for the people who've been hoping HT would have this license! Congrats!! :rock

This is what surprises me about the level of interest in this licence already.

The film may suck. :lol

My only problem with this is that the asylum in the film is supposedly located in MY hometown. Bit tough to suspend disbelief under the circumstances...PS

This is what surprises me about the level of interest in this licence already.

The film may suck. :lol

Well for me it's not often when HT makes female figs, and I'm over collecting Barbie... plus Baby Doll and Amber are pretty. :lol

Honestly this has the chance to be the next Watchmen, where people loves the preview showings, where people got into the hype but once it hit, the thing falls flat. HT creates figures ahead of the film and we end up with Baby Doll and Amber before they kill the line.

I'm telling you that this thing's profitability and this thing's longevity in terms of getting all the girls will rely heavily on pricepoint. Even if the film is a smash I don't think you'll see too many people willing to pay $179.99 for a 1/6 figure. $149.99 even....these will have to come in at way cheaper than Spidey to be viable.

I'm pretty sure HT showed more than just Baby Doll because they only plan to do Baby Doll and Amber. I don't think any of the others have a chance in hell... :(

I think Baby Doll will come out first and Amber will follow after. I don't think Baby Doll's success will really affect Amber's release or not since Amber will sell well in Asia since you don't see too many super sexy kick ass Asian females with weapons in films. She may even come out before Baby Doll. :lol

Amber and Baby Doll = Comedian and Silk Spectre II

Both planned, both will come out but past that is really dependent on the film itself.

Honestly this has the chance to be the next Watchmen, where people loves the preview showings, where people got into the hype but once it hit, the thing falls flat. HT creates figures ahead of the film and we end up with Baby Doll and Amber before they kill the line.

I'm telling you that this thing's profitability and this thing's longevity in terms of getting all the girls will rely heavily on pricepoint. Even if the film is a smash I don't think you'll see too many people willing to pay $179.99 for a 1/6 figure. $149.99 even....these will have to come in at way cheaper than Spidey to be viable.

I actually agree and I just don't see this line succeeding. I think the previews look cool but the overall concept has me kinda..meh..really..another dream world/fantasy movie. However, I will go see it like everyone else but it will have kick major booty for me to pony up the cash for girl 12" action-figures. Regardless, these had better be on the low end, especially since the price of 12" action-figures have gone up through the roof. The pricing on these things makes people more selective. I wonder how long this whole industry can last if the prices keep going up.

Thanks. Great few days for announcements! :1-1:

:hi5:

I don't expect this film to make as much as Watchmen did at the box office. The figures, however, may be more popular than Silk Spectre and Comedian. I think that's the only hope for anybody wanting Sweet Pea or any of the other females. But, HT could just think the main two sold because of what they look like and still not continue the line. I really don't see them going in any further than these two, regardless of the box office or sales of the figures. But I hope for those who want a Sweet Pea that she has a chance. Would be a real kick in the face to people still wanting a Rorshach though. :lol

I hope these come out in the $119 - $130 price range. Can't see them being too successful is they are any more.

I wonder how long this whole industry can last if the prices keep going up.

The bottom is bound to fall out soon enough actually. The mark up on some is horrendous, everyone remember the posting in Barney Ross' thread about the wholesale price versus the MSRP. I'd be willing to argue that Sideshow's 1/6 days are numbered really. The thing is if Hot Toys is the only game in the market really then I expect the fans and collectors to fall out before the company does. Look at Medicom, they charge almost $200 and near $500 for some 1/6 figures and vehicles without missing a beat. Hot Toys is actually bargain priced compared to them and so I see the prices only increasing when they've got competition that is already way higher. Its just the collectors who will become slimmer and slimmer.

I don't expect this film to make as much as Watchmen did at the box office. The figures, however, may be more popular than Silk Spectre and Comedian. I think that's the only hope for anybody wanting Sweet Pea or any of the other females. But, HT could just think the main two sold because of what they look like and still not continue the line. I really don't see them going in any further than these two, regardless of the box office or sales of the figures. But I hope for those who want a Sweet Pea that she has a chance. Would be a real kick in the face to people still wanting a Rorshach though. :lol

If this makes less than Watchmen which by industry standard is a flop (even though I love it) then look for only these two. Figures, smigures this thins isn't profitable, it isn't getting made. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with one and then held the other back just in case. Rorschach was the marketing tool for Watchmen, for some insane reason they didn't come out with him first and even though it'd be a sure fire seller, I have a feeling that HT took such a bath on the figures they booted the license before even getting to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back