Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well no, but the premise to this just seems... Lame? " our world sucks, lets imagine a better one and then escape into it."

Bridge to terabethea already did it, and it was lame then too.

It's like it's TRYING to be an artsy film, but it's really a film with hot girls in skimpy outfits.

in short. It feels like a thinly veiled cash grab.

or, put even more simply

" lol Lets makes Dis movie so that Nerdy fat guys will spend lots of cash an fap to it"

As someone who WANTS to tell stories for a living it just seems... i don't know, poorly thought out? Something about it just rubs me the wrong way I guess.

After seeing the flim, I think if hot toys start with Babay Doll and then Amber,
it's has so small chance that they will continue to make it to 5 girls. :monkey2

I like Sweet Pea's promo pic and Baby Doll.
After watched the movie, I like Rocket and Sweet Pea.

Please please Hot Toys :pray:

Assuming these figures actually see the light of day, I'm pretty sure they will start with Baby Doll. If the line actually goes to two figures, then Amber would be next.

Sigh, I dunno if we'll see anything out of HT this week or even any time soon, considering they seem to be more interested in showing up Enterbay these days. >_<

Assuming these figures actually see the light of day, I'm pretty sure they will start with Baby Doll. If the line actually goes to two figures, then Amber would be next.

Sigh, I dunno if we'll see anything out of HT this week or even any time soon, considering they seem to be more interested in showing up Enterbay these days. >_<

Once the initial excitement of DX Jack Sparrow dies down, and DX Bruce is released, I think we'll see a bit of a rush from Hot Toys, say at least two Sucker Punch figs and a CR Supes proto pic - and then, KAPOW! A Star Wars teaser of Chewie dammit!

Actually, who tf knows, but you have to admit they are capable of surprising. We'll see something soon enough, I guess.

If they start with Amber, and the film flops, we may not even get Baby Doll. I'm more inclined to think that if Baby Doll comes out first, and the movie flops, HT will still release an Amber. Amber may be the only reason they grabbed the license to be honest. :lol There's not many kick ass Asian females in Hollywood films and with her look, she'd probably sell very well for them.

If they start with Amber, and the film flops, we may not even get Baby Doll. I'm more inclined to think that if Baby Doll comes out first, and the movie flops, HT will still release an Amber. Amber may be the only reason they grabbed the license to be honest. :lol There's not many kick ass Asian females in Hollywood films and with her look, she'd probably sell very well for them.

:lecture Agreed! Also, Asian actors don't get many roles in Hollywood period, so finding successful ones male or female is a rarity.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sucker-punch-2010/

about what I've expected. I'll wait for netflix.

Given that most of those snotbags wouldn't know how to enjoy themselves if it was plugged straight into their brains at a hundred thousand volts, I don't think their opinion is any indication of what the story is worth.

The critics and everyone on rottentomatoes.com can suck it. :lecture

They have, they do, and they will. :lecture

I'll be at the first showing tomorrow.

It has a great art direction and it's very unique in my eye's , Not all movie have to be boring and be set in the 17th century.

The Academy thinks that way, but critics certainly don't. Case in point:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inception/

Not that they're never wrong, of course. I can think of several films that I've enjoyed that got poor critical response. I'll still be going to see this one, just with severely lowered expectations. Who knows? I may be surprised.

For me, Baby Doll and Rocket.
I just saw the film and was emotionally heavy on the some characters. Baby Doll is a must, and then I can choose between Rocket or Sweet Pea. The trio is this. Forget Amber or Blondie. Specially Blondie.

Hate to quote this again, but why would you forget Amber? I'd actually only buy her and baby doll

Well, Hot Toys released three figures from "The Spirit", if that might raise any hopes. That certainly was no classic.
Then again, they may have learned their lesson with that one, and will go with an entirely different approach, like, not waste their time and money.

just saw the movie, HT should just cancel the line.
Garbage.

So Hot Toys can't bring out figures from garbage movies? *cough Ghost Rider *cough Clash of the Titans *cough etc etc.

I can't stand Zac Snyder's movies, but his character design is up there with the best. I don't care how crap this movie is, I'm picking up as many of these as they bring out.

So Hot Toys can't bring out figures from garbage movies? *cough Ghost Rider *cough Clash of the Titans *cough etc etc.

I can't stand Zac Snyder's movies, but his character design is up there with the best. I don't care how crap this movie is, I'm picking up as many of these as they bring out.

:clap :goodpost: :clap :exactly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back