Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, Baby Doll and Rocket.
I just saw the film and was emotionally heavy on the some characters. Baby Doll is a must, and then I can choose between Rocket or Sweet Pea. The trio is this. Forget Amber or Blondie. Specially Blondie.

Was Blondie horrible or something? or just barely in it? lol

Jajajaja, wait and see my friend =P
The problem is not if she is kick ass or have a lot of time on screen. What she does is the thing that matter.

How would you compare it to Watchmen and 300?

The art of Zack is great. You saw it on 300 and Watchmen. This is not exception. The movie is visually gorgeous, and the music goes perfect. Maybe, in sometimes, get you out of the scene and for me, thats is one of the weak points of the movie. Is like Zack always preffer a piece of music before a piece of score, and for some moments the score is more important that a piece of Bjork. But is my opinion. Maybe you don't mind about it when you see it.

The plot is really good. The characters are there and works perfects. There isn't a lot of development, but you know what you need and fits perfect on the story. Bdoll is only 5 days on the Asylum, so in the storyline the way that he shows the girls fits perfect and credible. The important thing here is Babydoll. Don't go thinking you will know a lot of all the girls. For me, the best characters are the wise man, Bdoll and Rocket. The message of the movie is solid and strong. Maybe some stuff can be changed or done better, but don't forget this is his first original film. With Watchmen (for me, one of the best comics EVER) the story was PERFECT since the beginning. And idem with 300.
I don't want to tell you about the worlds of babydoll, that's something you must see on your own. I don't want to spoil that =)

And I don't want to tell you more. Hope I made myself clear.. I don't write often in english =$, sorry guys.

The art of Zack is great. You saw it on 300 and Watchmen. This is not exception. The movie is visually gorgeous, and the music goes perfect. Maybe, in sometimes, get you out of the scene and for me, thats is one of the weak points of the movie. Is like Zack always preffer a piece of music before a piece of score, and for some moments the score is more important that a piece of Bjork. But is my opinion. Maybe you don't mind about it when you see it.

The plot is really good. The characters are there and works perfects. There isn't a lot of development, but you know what you need and fits perfect on the story. Bdoll is only 5 days on the Asylum, so in the storyline the way that he shows the girls fits perfect and credible. The important thing here is Babydoll. Don't go thinking you will know a lot of all the girls. For me, the best characters are the wise man, Bdoll and Rocket. The message of the movie is solid and strong. Maybe some stuff can be changed or done better, but don't forget this is his first original film. With Watchmen (for me, one of the best comics EVER) the story was PERFECT since the beginning. And idem with 300.
I don't want to tell you about the worlds of babydoll, that's something you must see on your own. I don't want to spoil that =)

And I don't want to tell you more. Hope I made myself clear.. I don't write often in english =$, sorry guys.

:goodpost: Well explained. Can't wait to see this on the 25th! :panic:

No that was perfect. Thanks.

No probs.
I just talked with a friend that yesterday saw the movie and his opinion is quite different from mine. He didn't enjoy the movie, and he thinks that the history is empty and lacks of good development.
This is why I told you that the movie will depends of who watch it. Or you loved it or you hate it. Thats the deal.

Remember that you are going to wath Sucker Punch, no the opening film of a great saga or a movie with heavy drama and deep dialogue. The movie shows a history of a girl living a hell and triying to escape from it. In the course of her journey she will discover the true about his fate and her purpose. And the films deliver that. No more, no less.

I enjoyed the movie quite a lot, and I loved the history. But like I said, I wished some things were differents in the plot, dialogue and characters. But, well... this is his first movie, and he is a talented guy. He will learn with practice... I hope! jajaja =)
)

Last edited:
Ambro, do you know how to answer in spoilers? I want to ask you a question but don't want it to be spoiled for everyone and then they hate us... :lol

Just got back from the movie...wow...amazing FXs, cool action, and a pretty good "pop corn" flick. As long as you set your expectations low, you'll be fine. In all seriousness, it's not that good but considering it has everything a guy like me loves, including steam-powered soldiers, heavily armed mecha, gun-totin' samurai, futuristic cyborg warriors, orcs, dragons, knights, and hot, gun and sword-wielding babes who dance in their spare time, I think it's worth watching...

All that said, I think Sucker Punch will polarize fans -- I can see Snyder fans saying "you just didn't understand it!" and (most) movie-goers saying "understand what? the nonsensical story, the bad acting, or the theme that was forced down my throat over and over and over?"

Overall, it's worth watching and, yes, I'll probably buy it on blu-ray when it comes out, but - honestly - it's no where near as good as it should have been...

6/10

It's cool to read people's reviews on this. I plan to see it on the 31st, the day after it's released here. Visually, I expect it to be awesome but story-wise, I'm trying to keep my expectations low.

Now if only Hot Toys would showcase their first Sucker Punch figure....

All I heard was mecha, samurai, dragons, and hot gun and sword-wielding babes. I think I'll be alright this Saturday when I see it. :)

I dont expect the story to be good at all but i expect this to be a very fun movie.

Just got back from the movie...wow...amazing FXs, cool action, and a pretty good "pop corn" flick. As long as you set your expectations low, you'll be fine. In all seriousness, it's not that good but considering it has everything a guy like me loves, including steam-powered soldiers, heavily armed mecha, gun-totin' samurai, futuristic cyborg warriors, orcs, dragons, knights, and hot, gun and sword-wielding babes who dance in their spare time, I think it's worth watching...

All that said, I think Sucker Punch will polarize fans -- I can see Snyder fans saying "you just didn't understand it!" and (most) movie-goers saying "understand what? the nonsensical story, the bad acting, or the theme that was forced down my throat over and over and over?"

Overall, it's worth watching and, yes, I'll probably buy it on blu-ray when it comes out, but - honestly - it's no where near as good as it should have been...

6/10

WICKED! sounds good to me! :panic:

I have been trying to collect everything I can from this film... can't wait for the Baby Doll figure. :)

Four reviews are in on rottentomatoes.com. Looks like it may be a blood bath.

6/10

These are good enough reasons for me to go watch this movie. Snyder hasn't disappointed me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back