Hot Toys Sucker Punch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got back from a midnight screening so here goes. . .

you guys know i love boobs and bullets as much as everyone and i love all of snyder's films but sucker punch is a pretty bad film. :lol

remember how the first two matrix films had that nice balance between being trippy and cool action scenes? then the last film got all zen like? sucker punch is like the third matrix movie except it has more awkward moments. it's like watching 2 hours of videogame cutscenes meshed together.

i can imagine zack snyder's team going . . you know what would be cool? how about we put some anime in here. check. hot girls? yeah. ww2. check. samurais. check. dragons? check. mind trip so we can milk that inception cash cow? definite check. :lol:

i went into the film with absolutely zero expectations. i knew it was going to be boobs and bullets over a green screen eye candy so before you guys get all medieval on me, i'm just sharing my thoughts. i'm sure some will like it. i think the visuals are cool, but the entire movie was spent going "ok, seriously wtf" :lol

i just hope ht makes some figures because i can see this fast becoming 1 maybe 2 figure run from their prince of persia and clash of the titans mistakes. i collect female figures heavily so i'm all for them making more

You can't really hold that logic to HT lines. Avatar made $2 Billion worldwide and they still don't have any figures for that one. Even Prince of Persia, which did rather poorly in the US, still ended up grossing over 200 million everywhere else ($300+ million gross), and it got only one figure. We'll just have to wait and see.

yeah you never know. i am hoping they release more figures for sucker punch. the movie sucks really bad but the figures will be nice if they do decide to do more than just the one.

you cant compare avatar because avatar was an awesome movie. them not putting out figures probably involves more with putting out a giant 18 inch body or something and not "gee i wonder if we should invest money into this movie that might fail"

the spirit was an absolutely horrible film and they put out three figures. so who knows maybe we'll see more than one figure from sucker punch

I'm OK with just Baby Doll and Amber. If the movie sucks, I'm OK with just Amber. All I want is Amber. Amber. Amber. Amber. :lol

Amber?
Wait until you see the movie... XD

Well.... I stop reading after I saw "you cant compare avatar because avatar was an awesome movie" jajajaja

Pure visuals with plain and predictable story. =P

I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen some bootleg figures from this film yet from Triad or the other ones who do the 1/6 female figures.

Amber?
Wait until you see the movie... XD

Well.... I stop reading after I saw "you cant compare avatar because avatar was an awesome movie" jajajaja

Pure visuals with plain and predictable story. =P

I saw it and want Amber pretty bad. :dunno

I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen some bootleg figures from this film yet from Triad or the other ones who do the 1/6 female figures.

haha. maybe cause they knew the film was so bad no one would even bootleg it. :lol

seriously though. yeah avatar was eye candy too but there's some acting and some sort of coherent plot line. sucker punch was just bad period. you guys really have to watch it to believe it. i love zack's movies and all for popcorn entertainment, but SP is on a whole nother level

I agree, it's a worthless dumb movie. This review sums it up for me.. And I normally don't give a ____ about reviews, this one however is spot on:

"Zack Snyder’s SUCKER PUNCH is a movie so terrible that it retroactively makes his entire body of work worse."

"It’s like spending two hours in the mind of a chronically masturbating thirteen year old boy who can’t keep his hands off his thing long enough to hold a halfway decent conversation. It is a movie that demands an endless stream of metaphors describing it, because simple phrases like “sucks ____ through a straw” don’t quite do its awfulness justice."

Just came back from seeing this film. I liked it. It wasn't and never will be a classic, but a fun film to pass some time. Great visuals, which are to be expected from a Zack Snyder film.

As for figures... I'll only pick one of them up should I find some spare cash or if someone is generous enough to buy one for me.

My favourite of the girls: Sweat Pea :love
Although Babydoll and Rocket were cool too. Amber was cool, just too bad her part wasn't as big as some of the others. Blondie... well, never really liked her look to begin with... didn't really like the character either.

But this wish list could of course be worth nothing at all if HT just decides to make 1 or 2 figs.

I'll be interested to see what these figures look like, but unless they completely blow me away I'm gonna pass.

Sorry, :dunno wasnt too impressed with the film. Daniel Day Lewis on the other hand....

Yes "YOU" were not impressed by the movie so don't state you opinion as fact by saying something "was" a failure, try using an "imo" next time when giving your opinion on something.

Man I would love a HT Daniel Day Lewis from Gangs Of New York, the man's a legend in my eyes.

It would be awesome for sure ..i don't think i can afford Velvet's street brawler so i guess i will just have to keep wishing for a hot toys version:(

Yes "YOU" were not impressed by the movie so don't state you opinion as fact by saying something "was" a failure, try using an "imo" next time when giving your opinion on something.

But surely the very nature of posting on a forum indicates that this is just that? Your opinion? Unless someone else steals your keyboard and types for you, what else is it?

IMHO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back