1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With respect, you're very confused. Scalpers are not retailers. They interfere in the retail process by buying up stock of figures they don't want, adding no value and then selling them on.

If scalpers didn't exist, more figures would be available to collectors and the prices would be lower because retailers would lower them to clear inventory.

Yeah sorry about all the inconvenience guys!! :wink1:

With respect, you're very confused. Scalpers are not retailers. They interfere in the retail process by buying up stock of figures they don't want, adding no value and then selling them on.

If scalpers didn't exist, more figures would be available to collectors and the prices would be lower because retailers would lower them to clear inventory.

To be fair, scalpers don't really create problems for Hot Toys collectors. Hot Toys figures are available for a long period of time on pre-orders. Most of the time, you can still per-order them from SSC when reviews are already up on the internet. They do create problems for other collectors that collect things like Funko and Bandai products that are very limited but I wouldn't say they are problems for Hot Toys collectors.

So they ditched the screen accurate warped ROTJ helmet previewed at the last Celebration? Too bad. Otherwise they appear too weathered to be proper ANH/ESB Stormies.

Probably not gonna pick this up. Sold my ANH trooper and just have Han Stormy. Too many good releases like Maul and Dooku. I ain’t got space or money anyways. Lol

To be fair, scalpers don't really create problems for Hot Toys collectors. Hot Toys figures are available for a long period of time on pre-orders. Most of the time, you can still per-order them from SSC when reviews are already up on the internet. They do create problems for other collectors that collect things like Funko and Bandai products that are very limited but I wouldn't say they are problems for Hot Toys collectors.

Every figure bought by a scalper has been taken out of the retail chain and been made unavailable to a collector - of course they create problems for Hot Toys collectors. It doesn't matter whether you can pre-order it for a 'long time' or not, they are reducing the available stock.

Looks good but Don’t need more Stormtroopers. Bring on the Scouts! :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I’m wondering if the Death Star backdrop included with the deluxe is double sided or two pieces or what. Looks like one side has the lighted wall and the other looks like it’s a regular wall with panels or something but that isn’t lit up.

I'm not confused at all. Everyone had plenty of time to buy ANH Stormtroopers. I have 10 myself and 4 I bought at least a couple months after release at a reduced price. All stuff eventually sells out and sometimes the price goes up. Sometimes it drops. The faster some of you all learn that the better.

Every figure bought by a scalper has been taken out of the retail chain and been made unavailable to a collector - of course they create problems for Hot Toys collectors. It doesn't matter whether you can pre-order it for a 'long time' or not, they are reducing the available stock.

HTs base their production numbers partly on the number of orders. If retailers/scalpers don't place preorders, Hot Toys won't make that many units so figures won't be sitting somewhere waiting for people to buy them. My whole point is collectors have a large pre-order window these days for Hot Toys. If they can't make a purchase during that window, then they got to pay market price. Paying market price is really nobody's fault.

On the other hand, scalpers really annoy me when I'm trying to buy something with no pre-ordering window or when the number of total pre-orders is limited, like Bandai's Gundam figures. I cannot beat the scalpers with their shop bots.

Do you guys think we'll actually get a 1/6 ROTJ vader? I wanna get 2 stormies if that's the case. Now that I have the space, I've always wanted to display vader in the middle of his troops.

I am happy with my ANH version.
I do want the Quarter Scale though. I wonder which version that one will be, ROTJ or ANH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys think we'll actually get a 1/6 ROTJ vader? I wanna get 2 stormies if that's the case. Now that I have the space, I've always wanted to display vader in the middle of his troops.

2 Stormies are not enough :lol Have you seen Canada Clones pics ?

Vader with roughly 10 troopers either side. Incredibly impressive. Time to repost those pics Canada if you see this.

Looks good but Don’t need more Stormtroopers. Bring on the Scouts! :)

I agree. However I do have the SS version which I'm fine with.

I wonder if HT would actually do a Speeder Bike. I guess it depends on deluxe Maul's success or lack thereof. And Maul is probably quite a bit higher profile/popular than a ROTJ biker scout.

I have two sets of the two pack from ANH. Someone please remind me I don’t need another set of these for 500+ when there is Prime 1 Batman, hulk buster and the awesome Leias coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back