1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree there should have been a 2 pack. I have 2 stormtroopers and 2 han stormtroopers. Trying to decide if I need 1 or 2 of these. Decisions

I’m definitely getting two at a minimum. Just would’ve been nicer if they offered a two pack at a discount like the ANH troopers. Not surprised though since they know there’s plenty of schmucks like me who will still grab more than one.

Getting one deluxe and one reg. Giving the backdrop to Stormtrooper Luke. Hope the 1/4 ANH version is not far away.

Glad it’s ot, but another meh release. Another stormtrooper is good, but not something I look forward to getting. No preview of luke or leia Endor, or even a biker scout. I was really hoping bespin Han or lando would be next.
That said, this gives hope to Death Star trooper, baze, and the Endor figures. This guy hasn’t been shown at a con in ages.
So yeah, I’ll get two like an idiot because I’m psychotic and love troops, but this is getting boring. We need bespin Han and lando.
Now I’ll go back to looking at vintage GI Joe pics and try to stop myself from another obsession. I sold off my massive joe collection years ago and now I have remorse.

This could be a good sign that Hot Toys will eventually come back for previous prototypes shown before...like Baze and Death Star Trooper...
Can someone explain if there's a difference between Death Star Trooper and Gunner?

Because didn't HT already release a gunner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This could be a good sign that Hot Toys will eventually come back for previous prototypes shown before...like Baze and Death Star Trooper...

I don't think so at all. For one, the Stormtrooper has still been shown at recent cons, those other prototypes haven't. For two, this Stormtrooper was still listed as coming soon, those other prototypes weren't. For three, Hot Toys knows Stormtroopers are always going to be a huge seller that make them money, and I doubt they feel that way about those other prototypes.

I'd love to see that DST and Baze made too, but if you're expecting them as a result of this, you're likely going to be very disappointed.

Super excited for this announcement!! I missed out on the originals so I’ll be all over half a dozen of these!! FINALLY I can stop browsing overpriced troopers on EvilBay!!

I'm glad these are getting made. But these "suck it scalpers" posts are ridiculous. First of all, these are not the same troopers at all. It's a brand new release. And secondly the ANH troopers came out ages ago, you are not entitled to buy everything you want in life at retail price whenever you please. Some things do actually appreciate in value.

I remember when medicom did the rotj trooper and I had no idea they were different than the ANH versions, that really stuck out like a sore thumb. I thought 'how did medicom mess this up so bad?' turned out I was just dumb. :)

These look nice and different enough to pick up. Not sure I need two though, we’ll see. A shame they didn’t do a two pack as that would make the decision easier perhaps.

I don't think so at all. For one, the Stormtrooper has still been shown at recent cons, those other prototypes haven't. For two, this Stormtrooper was still listed as coming soon, those other prototypes weren't. For three, Hot Toys knows Stormtroopers are always going to be a huge seller that make them money, and I doubt they feel that way about those other prototypes.

I'd love to see that DST and Baze made too, but if you're expecting them as a result of this, you're likely going to be very disappointed.

Debbie downer over here.

Back