1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helmet doesn't look like ROTJ. Though promo shots used ROTJ backdrops details text does not mention ROTJ, but Star Wars.

Glad to see these, and aside from the obvious armor changes, glad to see they dirtied this one up just a tad.

So I don't get the MMS codes.i.e 514 and 515. Is one for the Deluxe, and the other for a Standard ?

Or, what i think it could be. One is clean (DS), the other is slightly dirty if you have a look at the first pic here. There are 2 types. Front dirty, back clean. Shoes are the same.

PD1542766939O27.jpg

068c1a5ba2f838bdb162926dc249d8cd.jpg

Nice differences to the ANH version. But what happened to this guy below ? The mouth seems totally different ? Which is OK. This new release version is far superior and looks more like the Sandtrooper helmet. With the lower wider mouth. Which I like a lot.

Might be in for one of these.

1125x682_previewbanner__902808_HTStormtrooper.jpg

This could be a good sign that Hot Toys will eventually come back for previous prototypes shown before...like Baze and Death Star Trooper...

This could be a good sign that Hot Toys will eventually come back for previous prototypes shown before...like Baze and Death Star Trooper...

Yep, and by the look of those pics in the "Endor" forrest. I'd say stay tuned for,

Speeder Bike Trooper
Ewoks
ROTJ Vader
Endor Luke and/or Leia

This is MMS514:

140716nsihu2hzpumt5p2g.jpg

Thanks Asta. I hadn't seen the Standard summary picture. So he looks clean then.

Edit : nope. Dirt on the shoes.

So wonder what the clean version is ? He's in the background which sometimes means an upcoming figure. Maybe they'll double dip here ? Release with ROTJ Vader ?

So I don't get the MMS codes.i.e 514 and 515. Is one for the Deluxe, and the other for a Standard ?

Or, what i think it could be. One is clean (DS), the other is slightly dirty if you have a look at the first pic here. There are 2 types. Front dirty, back clean. Shoes are the same.

View attachment 433898

View attachment 433897

Nice differences to the ANH version. But what happened to this guy below ? The mouth seems totally different ? Which is OK. This new release version is far superior and looks more like the Sandtrooper helmet. With the lower wider mouth. Which I like a lot.

Might be in for one of these.

View attachment 433899

The old ROTJ proto helmet looks better than the new proto

Don't need another stormie, one is enough, but hopefully this gives me an opportunity to get a spare DS backdrop or two for cheap.

Back