1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$189 is tempting but when I purchased the Sandtrooper many moons ago, my intention was that it would represent the “Stormtrooper” image in my collection. I think if I was to spend $189 I would put it toward something different i.e.Dooku.

As a rule I almost always buy deluxe but in this case I think I might just go for 2 of the regular. Those backdrops are nice but $100 for 2 maybe doesn't seem worth it.

The backdrops are not worth 50 but you’ll pay 100-125 on eBay. Better make up your mind. Lol

Ugh I was waiting for this release, but I'm a litte disappointed by the weathered look.

I love the brand new shiny look of a stormtrooper.

Can someone convince me to order this instead of paying resale prices for ANH Trooper [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ugh I was waiting for this release, but I'm a litte disappointed by the weathered look.

Can someone convince me to order this instead of paying resale prices for ANH Trooper [emoji23]

Some of these Troopers in the pictures have no weathering. It could be possible that they release another "clean" version in the future and double dip. In theory the troopers on the Deathstar 2 would be clean. Therefore ROTJ Vader may be a time point when they release clean troopers. A lot of ifs and buts I know, but it's HT and Stormtroopers are their SW Iron Man equivalent.

About $400 for 2 regular or $500 for 2 Deluxe?? I am going to sleep on it. Seems like a no brainer for me to save $100 and use it for another figure. Decisions!! The backdrop is nice, but I don’t know if it’s $50 nice. I actually bought 3 han stormtroopers (I’m nuts) so I have 3 backdrops already. I would really get it for the plain wall side to use as an Endor bunker wall. Not sure if it’s reversible or not. Either way, you can never have enough troops.

Well, if you look at actual stills, promo, and behind the scenes photos you'll see all stormtrooper's armor is weathered and beat up. In all three OT films. Granted it's mostly wear, tear, and scuffs from the rigors of filming. But perfectly clean and shiny they most certainly are not.

I recently built a bandai 1/12 stormtrooper that replicated the "shiny ANH" look with screen accurate weathering. Up close you can see how rough and "used" the armor is, but from even just a foot or two away he looks all shiny and new and the weathering blends in to almost be unnoticeable. I'm sure this will be similar. Up close you'll see it clearly. On the shelf from a few feet away he'll look crisp and shiny.

I wonder if there’s a way to remove the weathering without damaging the finish? I’m sure someone here or on another 1:6 forum could help.

This has me thinking the sandtrooper sergeant and snowtrooper commander will come out for one simple reason: reusable parts. Probably cheap figures to refurbish as a new release and make bank. Seems like a trend:
Deluxe r2
Aotc yoda
New stormtroopers
Vader’s
Both boba’s and upcoming jango
So fingers crossed that we get all of the ot prototypes that have been displayed

Great to see a new HT stormie, but I would have far, far preferred that they try to get the "stunt" helmet look right rather than this sculpt, which is decent and a definite improvement over the pretty sub-par ANH version but feels like a cross between the HT Rogue One stormie helmet and the ROTJ version they've showed at various cons previously.

I'm up for two of these (and probably would have preferred the more ROTJ-specific sculpt shown previously,) but what everyone really wants is the classic ANH stormie stunt look, which screams both "stormtrooper" and "Star Wars."

Back