1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it may help a little. Looks like the distance between the lenses and the mouth (nose area) is a bit too long and repainting the mouth would only make a small difference in the right direction. For myself the part below the mouth on the ANH version was too long and nose area too short. They made that smaller (better) on this version but then elongated the nose area :dunno

Yeah I think they "reversed the wrongness" on this release - the ANH version has that underbite/bull-dog look because of the too-big chin area and the too-short nose/bridge area as you mention, and this ROTJ version does seem to have the "off proportions" now reversed: chin area (slightly) too small and nose/bridge area too long/big.

So even though over-painting the mouth will slightly reduce the nose area, there's still that too-small chin area that throws it off. :gah:

Stock I do prefer this new version though - it really does looks decent. The ANh helmet felt a lot wrong to me, despite the amazing apps and ultra-clean sculpt detail. Other than that custom stunt sculpt, I still think the Marmit sandie helmet has the most accurate sculpt of all - it resembles the ANH hero quite a bit. The issue with the Marmit helmet is that its a fairly soft vinyl sculpt so just doesn't have the crispness of these newer versions and it has to be painted.

Awesome pics. I know people have complaints, but as someone who missed out on the ANH Troopers, I'm really looking forward to getting a couple of these. I think they look awesome.

You'll be happy. I'd pick a couple up for sure if I didn't have any Stormtroopers. This is easily better than the Rogue One version. I'm tempted, but I have the ANH version so I'm not sure I have the space. If they were an obvious upgrade I would do that, but that's not clear. I think both have their pluses and minuses.

I'd kinda like the backdrops from the deluxe but don't have much interest in another trooper, as good as this looks. I have my one OG stormie via the Hantrooper, since I stole his head and use it on my ANH Solo.

Which GG mini-bust do you think is better - the rifle holding one or the pistol pointing one? I think both of those are "1/6" (GG 1/6 always seems closer to 1/7 to me) statues.

The old one, the new one being inspired by the SW games. His helmet is quite accurate. GG did their job back then with this and the Stormie bust.

Yeah I think they "reversed the wrongness" on this release - the ANH version has that underbite/bull-dog look because of the too-big chin area and the too-short nose/bridge area as you mention, and this ROTJ version does seem to have the "off proportions" now reversed: chin area (slightly) too small and nose/bridge area too long/big.

So even though over-painting the mouth will slightly reduce the nose area, there's still that too-small chin area that throws it off. :gah:

Stock I do prefer this new version though - it really does looks decent. The ANh helmet felt a lot wrong to me, despite the amazing apps and ultra-clean sculpt detail. Other than that custom stunt sculpt, I still think the Marmit sandie helmet has the most accurate sculpt of all - it resembles the ANH hero quite a bit. The issue with the Marmit helmet is that its a fairly soft vinyl sculpt so just doesn't have the crispness of these newer versions and it has to be painted.

Jezz eventually these are just toys man..

Apart from headsculpts which I expect to resemble actor/actress, if the figure looks OK to me, I don't mind the inaccuracies. And in Justin's review, ANH helmet looked better to me.

The funny thing is the old Medi helmet looks more like ROTJ Stormie than the HT. And the Marmit as ANH. Plus the GG mini-bust I was talking before which is the best, though a bit underscaled and with too large mic-tips, but it was scanned from a screen used Stormtrooper helmet back then, something GG didn't do anymore with their newer statues and busts.

Maybe I'll repaint the frown on mine when receiving it, we'll see.

Meh... they look ok. They will be fine standing behind the eventual rotj Vader. I do prefer the anh stormtroopers for some reason. I’m glad I switched to the regular, though. Still no new Star Wars preorder... we’ve been waiting for almost 2 months and
i bet the next preorder is something I wouldn’t get, like poe.

Meh... they look ok. They will be fine standing behind the eventual rotj Vader. I do prefer the anh stormtroopers for some reason. I’m glad I switched to the regular, though. Still no new Star Wars preorder... we’ve been waiting for almost 2 months and

Yep. Hot Toys just released new images for another Avengers Endgame figure for this week.

Yep. Hot Toys just released new images for another Avengers Endgame figure for this week.

As much as I'm anticipating the ESB Han reveal and still patiently waiting on the Rogue One Tank Commander, I can't really blame Hot Toys for trying to take full advantage of the Endgame hype this summer. It's just good business sense.

I would imagine we will see a considerable uptick in Star Wars reveals as we head into the fall and the Episode 9 hype starts to move into full swing.

I just saw that, wow! So glad I don’t collect marvel. I’d be broke and divorced. That’s a lot of cash if people collect the entire marvel line. Plus, the space. I still need to order a bunch of sw like dx rotj luke, qui gon, and others.

I just saw that, wow! So glad I don’t collect marvel. I’d be broke and divorced. That’s a lot of cash if people collect the entire marvel line. Plus, the space. I still need to order a bunch of sw like dx rotj luke, qui gon, and others.

Yeah Marvel is a rabbit hole I don't want to go down, financially. But if I did, I'd be happy with a trio of Thor, Iron Man and Cap A.

Regarding Star Wars releases, it's frustrating they teased Han Bespin and C3PO, but still no official word. I really need/want these two! I have a feeling that, with the 40th Anniversary of ESB next year, we'll see a few ESB specific releases then...

I like the overall look of this helmet better than the HT ANH ones, even though the ANH are my favorite version but the oversized chin/jaw area stands out more than any inaccuracies on this helmet especially when viewed from a a lower height (perspective relieves some of the large nose gap area). I was lucky enough to get a few of the Solo Bones ANH stunt buckets but there’s some prep involved - some ALLOT more than others in the batch I got. I really hope they nail the Empire version... 3rd time’s a charm?? :lol

Honestly in hand the weathering on the feet ain’t bad, and you only see the eyes as green in bright direct light.
In my detolf lit from above and below the lenses look black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poe in flight gear would be the only one I want from the ST.

If you're optimistic, Poe in flight gear could lead to a Bespin Luke or X-Wing Luke. That's what I'd be doing if I was HT.

I like the overall look of this helmet better than the HT ANH ones, even though the ANH are my favorite version but the oversized chin/jaw area stands out more than any inaccuracies on this helmet especially when viewed from a a lower height (perspective relieves some of the large nose gap area). I was lucky enough to get a few of the Solo Bones ANH stunt buckets but there’s some prep involved - some ALLOT more than others in the batch I got. I really hope they nail the Empire version... 3rd time’s a charm?? :lol

Yeah, I have been steadily sanding my Solo Bones helmet - definitely a ton of work.:gah::lol

Back