1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm considering repainting the mouth. Do you guys think that will make the difference, or are the issues more significant than that?

I think it may help a little. Looks like the distance between the lenses and the mouth (nose area) is a bit too long and repainting the mouth would only make a small difference in the right direction. For myself the part below the mouth on the ANH version was too long and nose area too short. They made that smaller (better) on this version but then elongated the nose area :dunno

Odd man out here...I've got this on order but seeing these first shot and review. ..I'm just not feeling it.

Need to see more.

Odd man out here...I've got this on order but seeing these first shot and review. ..I'm just not feeling it.

Need to see more.

Same.

I love my ANH troopers, but I have two of these pre-ordered and am really on the fence about them right now.

Cannot wait to display these new stormtroopers with my ANH Vader V2..going to be great display :yess:

the lenses are very green too. I do plan on replacing it whenever those custom ones come out.

Can't you just stick something behind the lenses on the inside to reduce the transparency and they'll be darker ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't you just stick something behind the lenses on the inside to reduce the transparency and they'll be darker ?

Tried this with a piece of dark foam padding and made no difference because the lenses are convex the green is still very noticeable.
I may try painting the frown and the sole of the boots, also switching out hands for ANH ones see how that looks?

Tried this with a piece of dark foam padding and made no difference because the lenses are convex the green is still very noticeable.
I may try painting the frown and the sole of the boots, also switching out hands for ANH ones see how that looks?

Why are you switching out the hands - is there an issue there too?

And I thought the ROTJ soles were supposed to be white? The one thing I will be doing is getting rid of the weathering on the boots - even on that YT video review he calls that out as looking off.

Why are you switching out the hands - is there an issue there too?

And I thought the ROTJ soles were supposed to be white? The one thing I will be doing is getting rid of the weathering on the boots - even on that YT video review he calls that out as looking off.
Only switching out for personal preferences.
I planned displaying the new trooper alongside my ANH Stormtrooper in my Tantive IV diorama, so he’s gonna be a bit of a kitbash with a lick of paint here and there.

Wish HT would have made an ESB Stormtrooper with some changes form the ANH, and keep ROTJ/SE as ROTJ/SE

Yeah the weathering on he boots are pretty mediocre. Im also gonna clean those up and intend to make a couple shiny clean troopers. Maybe throw some transparent blue paint or washes of black on the lenses to darken then up a bit.

Do you think Hot Toys will release the other ROTJ trooper, the Scout Trooper??

It’s a matter of time, in regards to the scout. I am surprised we haven’t gotten it already. I’m starting to wonder when we will ever get a new preorder,lol. Maybe tomorrow? Next week?

It’s a matter of time, in regards to the scout. I am surprised we haven’t gotten it already. I’m starting to wonder when we will ever get a new preorder,lol. Maybe tomorrow? Next week?

Still Avengers season I think. Hopefully some new SW soon.

Hopefully the HT Scout will be more accurate than the SSC one. For now the only reasonably accurate 1/6 version is the Gentle Giant mini-bust. Then it comes the kneeling Koto statue. The SSC figure looks bad especially when compared to the two above.

Hopefully the HT Scout will be more accurate than the SSC one. For now the only reasonably accurate 1/6 version is the Gentle Giant mini-bust. Then it comes the kneeling Koto statue. The SSC figure looks bad especially when compared to the two above.

Which GG mini-bust do you think is better - the rifle holding one or the pistol pointing one? I think both of those are "1/6" (GG 1/6 always seems closer to 1/7 to me) statues.

I'm looking forward to seeing the HT Scout, but I went and ordered the SSC one anyway since I'm not enough of an expert to see what's off about it. :D Although the newer glossy version does at least appear to be a small improvement over the first release.

Plus it comes with the cool forest base which I don't expect HT will even try to match. Not to mention the extra set of boots so you can put him on the Speeder Bike.

Here's a few pics of mine.

IMG_4439.JPG
IMG_4442.jpg
IMG_4440.JPG

Back