1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I really do like this figure. Excellent articulation and outfit, and just looks great overall.

The light-up lightsaber hand on this figure has to be the strangest electrics-related thing HT has done since the first ANH Vader.

So you peel/curl back the (fairly hard) plastic glove back and install the batteries - but then need to peel it back every time you turn the saber on and off? Because you have to peel it back so much, the seam/break doesn't really return to the join line properly, leaving a gap. And the access is really not easy at all.

Can't believe they didn't either have a soft plastic gauntlet that slid up the arm away from the glove or just move the switch further up the arm so you can access it without messing with the glove at all.

I can understand doing this process to install the batteries because it's sort of a one-off, but every time you want to turn on/off the saber? Is there some easy way people have found to make this work better?:dunno

I don?t understand the light up lightsaber feature at all. It?s a beam of energy, clear plastic looks nothing like a lightsaber to me even when there?s a faint light coming from the hilt.

I had considered the custom sabers that look like a little neon light, but they all have a weird nipple on the end that isn?t lit up, which throws off the whole look.

I just stick the plastic blade in and pretend it?s a lightsaber [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don?t understand the light up lightsaber feature at all. It?s a beam of energy, clear plastic looks nothing like a lightsaber to me even when there?s a faint light coming from the hilt.

I had considered the custom sabers that look like a little neon light, but they all have a weird nipple on the end that isn?t lit up, which throws off the whole look.

I just stick the plastic blade in and pretend it?s a lightsaber [emoji1]

The one that comes with this fig is brighter than others for some reason though. And while I agree re: regular saber blade, I do think the "blurred saber" blade looks better lit up.

Finally ordered this guy. I'm just going to pretend that this is the Luke we got in the sequel trilogy and ignore all of the other crap.

I?m sort of taking the same approach. He?s the Luke of 5 years after RotJ. I?m going to display him with my Mandalorian figures.

:exactly:

I?m sort of taking the same approach. He?s the Luke of 5 years after RotJ. I?m going to display him with my Mandalorian figures.

Given he was supposed to be 22 or 23 in RotJ, I’d say this is more 15-20 years post RotJ. But then again, SW has some funky aging processes. There?s no way Obi-Wan in his 50s would have looked as old as Guinness in ANH only 19 years post RotS. :lol

But yeah, just keeping it general and saying this represents a Luke in between RotJ and TFA, this figure would go well with the Mandalorian figures.

Given he was supposed to be 22 or 23 in RotJ, I?d say this is more 15-20 years post RotJ. But then again, SW has some funky aging processes. There?s no way Obi-Wan in his 50s would have looked as old as Guinness in ANH only 19 years post RotS. :lol

But yeah, just keeping it general and saying this represents a Luke in between RotJ and TFA, this figure would go well with the Mandalorian figures.

Living as a hermit under 2 suns probably isn?t all that good for your appearance.

The fact that they used two different actors 30 years apart in age at the time of their portrayal of the character and age 30 years between trilogies seems the more likely culprit to me.

As far as it making sense in the SW: Just go with it. It’s all make-believe anyway. :lol

Obi-Wan was what 57? Guiness was 63, it's not that huge of a difference. Messy hair, a beard and clothes make a huge difference to your appearance, plus living in a desert for almost 20 years.

Obi-Wan was what 57? Guiness was 63, it's not that huge of a difference. Messy hair, a beard and clothes make a huge difference to your appearance, plus living in a desert for almost 20 years.

So if Obi-wan was 57 and Guinness was 63, the age of the actor and the character was right. 2 suns, desert planet and ptsd was the things that approximate the age between them

Wait?ll you guys realize that Anakin was only about 46 years old at the end of RotJ, whilst Sebastian Shaw was in his late 70?s when he played Anakin!

:run [emoji2962] :panic:

:lol

Back