Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like others I had and sold the phase one and won’t pay eBay prices to get it back.
Love the phase two look and think I want 5his but definitely need the Asoka to go with him. We have the spider gwen platform to base a young Asoka on.

I’m sure all the helmets can be put on the figure, it?s not even a question in my mind. And I’m glad they went with realistic, that was a good call. I’m surprise some people are unhappy with that, this is actually good news because it will work with all the other Star Wars 1/6 figure line and Sideshow went with realistic as well, so it shouldn’t be a surprise. Besides there are Clone Wars cartoon figures in other scales anyway.

Here’s hoping they make Admiral Trench, if they had ever made a live action version of him he would’ve been one of the most intimidating characters ever!

HIS helmet can go on the body. The 332nd helmet is listed as an accessory, pretty sure that means it's not wearable. It's probably just an empty helmet that will be too small to fit over the sculpt. He never wore it, so I don't know why they'd bother.

I could be wrong, but if it was wearable it would likely be listed with his helmet and the sculpt and also labeled as "Interchangeable"

e.jpg

Last edited:
Surprised they didn?t tease Ahsoka or Anakin with Clone Wars armour with these images.

Surprised they didn?t tease Ahsoka or Anakin with Clone Wars armour with these images.

Anakin only had his armor for the first half of the series, he changed to his traditional jedi outfit before all the clones switched to phase 2 armor. So canonically, it wouldn't fit.

Still. I'd love for them to make one anyway. I have this to tide me over, but the long hair doesn't really fit.

80992655_2297819100458736_326930458145193984_n.jpg

Ordered from ToysBuyingAgent anyway, heard good things and decided to try them out. Can't miss out on this like I missed out on the SS one back in the day.

Also weird choice to have the background clones have weathered helmets but pristine body armour. Looks so odd.

Anakin only had his armor for the first half of the series, he changed to his traditional jedi outfit before all the clones switched to phase 2 armor. So canonically, it wouldn't fit.

Still. I'd love for them to make one anyway. I have this to tide me over, but the long hair doesn't really fit.

They can always do the S4 hybrid with gloved left hand. Would be nice for recreating the Umbara arc if HT gets around to doing the other 501st clones.

Anakin-Skywalker-clone-wars.jpg

As someone who?s only seen a few Clone Wars episodes (I keep meaning to watch it, promise) I think the sculpt should have been animated, or at least included two sculpts.

This basically confirms one major thing.

There will be no new deep line of animated style Star Wars figures like they have started with Spider-verse. In fact, you can be sure now Hot Toys is only going to make characters from the show that have existing realistic head sculpts they can reuse like Anakin, Obi-Wan, and more clones. They will do a Rosario Dawson version of Ahsoka but y?all are dreaming as far as a CW version goes at this point. Not a coincidence that she isn?t teased at all in this Rex reveal.

So yeah, I would have preferred an animated sculpt at least as an extra. Yes, it would look out of place with your current Hot Toys figures. But it could have been the start of a whole new line of animated style Star Wars characters and that would have been pretty exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting side note that this realistic Rex figure also has the TMS017 TV Masterpiece Series code.

They've really got themselves into a situation here with the animated vs realistic, especially when it comes to fan favourite Ahsoka. I don't think they thought it all the way through somehow.

Personally I think they'll wait on Ahsoka until Mandalorian when she actually has a real life appearance. That will be the older Ahsoka version for The Mandalorian line.

Then I think Ahsoka will get her own show set between end of Clone Wars and The Mando time line. She will be younger there and more in line with the Clone Wars age and look. Then HT can do a Clone Wars realistic version. So it'll be a while.

Plan B would be that they are working busily on a seperate animated look line right now.

P.S For those wishing for an animated head for Rex, the armour is very different in the animated series. It needs to be a totally new figure if people want any sort of accuracy.

Just my 2 cents worth.

They're damned if they do damned if they don't with Ahsoka. It's easy to justify realistic versions of the clones, but not so much characters like that. This Clone Wars line will likely be a few clone troopers and that's it. We'll have to wait for the likes of Ahsoka, Cad Bane, and Ventress to enter the live-action properties before they do those.

Gotta remember that Spider-Verse is a completely different universe to the MCU, so those figures won't look out of place as they aren't directly related to the MCU counterparts. Having an animated Rex & Ahsoka next to a realistic Anakin & Cody would just be weird since they share the same universe and canon.

Personally, I don't really care that Rex isn't animated, especially the headsculpt as I never plan on displaying it anyway.

Looks great. I could go either way on animated vs realistic, but I understand why they chose realistic. So I guess there goes our chances of getting cw style Anakin and Obi.

As someone who?s only seen a few Clone Wars episodes (I keep meaning to watch it, promise) I think the sculpt should have been animated, or at least included two sculpts.

This basically confirms one major thing.

There will be no new deep line of animated style Star Wars figures like they have started with Spider-verse. In fact, you can be sure now Hot Toys is only going to make characters from the show that have existing realistic head sculpts they can reuse like Anakin, Obi-Wan, and more clones. They will do a Rosario Dawson version of Ahsoka but y?all are dreaming as far as a CW version goes at this point. Not a coincidence that she isn?t teased at all in this Rex reveal.

So yeah, I would have preferred an animated sculpt at least as an extra. Yes, it would look out of place with your current Hot Toys figures. But it could have been the start of a whole new line of animated style Star Wars characters and that would have been pretty exciting.

Or they've seen the popularity of Clone Wars in this last season and are now beavering away on animated versions in the background to be shown later ??

Either way I don't mind. I'm more than happy with the realistic versions.

Back