Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very happy they went with a realistic sculpt on this one. It would have looked silly next to Cody, Anakin, and Obi-Wan if it was the animated sculpt. This was definitely the right way to go.

I don't think I've day one pre-ordered something since Director Krennic. I'll be breaking that streak tomorrow when it goes up.

I didn?t watch Clone Wars, but I like this character on Rebels. It?ll be cool to see him in the Mandalorian. This figure is kind of awkward because he hasn?t appeared in a live series or movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forreal, same here. Clones over anything from Solo any day of life. :lol

A reissue would be sick but I'm hoping they go further and just give us the sweet armored look.

It took forever for him to sell out so it would be pointless for a straight reissue. A weathered armored looked would be a smart way to do it.

I getting this but i am still in for the mudtrooper He is just to cool, unique and limited to pass up.

It took forever for him to sell out so it would be pointless for a straight reissue. A weathered armored looked would be a smart way to do it.

The standard or the exclusive with the Sith eyes? I remember the standard selling out like hotcakes. The Sith version I could never order regardless considering I'm international.

This is such an odd line going realistic. Them going realistic pretty much means we are getting recycled clones and maybe an Obi Wan in a Clone outfit. Def don't see Ahsoka or any of the cartoon characters with no live-action equivalents.

The standard or the exclusive with the Sith eyes? I remember the standard selling out like hotcakes. The Sith version I could never order regardless considering I'm international.

Sith because it was the same with different eyes. So they made a ton of him between the two but i would go for armored versions of him and Kenobi

This is such an odd line going realistic. Them going realistic pretty much means we are getting recycled clones and maybe an Obi Wan in a Clone outfit. Def don't see Ahsoka or any of the cartoon characters with no live-action equivalents.

She would be hard to make look natural next to the rest of these guys. I really want a young version of her but probably will not happen.

Very happy they went with a realistic sculpt on this one. It would have looked silly next to Cody, Anakin, and Obi-Wan if it was the animated sculpt.

Do your TCW blu-rays look silly sitting next to the live-action movies? Do the TCW thumbnails on Disney+ look silly next to the live-action thumbnails, lol. It's an animated show. Collectibles should match the animation, or at least have the option to.

Do your TCW blu-rays look silly sitting next to the live-action movies? Do the TCW thumbnails on Disney+ look silly next to the live-action thumbnails, lol. It's an animated show. Collectibles should match the animation, or at least have the option to.

Not the same thing. I am pretty sure most of us here would agree.

Animated figures are ****.

It?s freaking HT they couldn?t give fans the option of using 2 head sculpts and slapping a deluxe label on it :slap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't need to wait much longer for a live-action Ahsoka since she'll be in the upcoming Mando season. I'd be happy if they reach a happy medium between animated and live-action. We've seen HT take such liberties before.

It?s freaking HT they couldn?t give fans the option of using 2 head sculpts and slapping a deluxe label on it :slap

Most likely they wanted to capitalise on the Clone Wars hype and pump it out so they just re-used existing assets like the sculpt.

Was hoping for animated ones, but still very welcome additions!

I am beyond excited for this figure! I had to sell my sideshow one unfortunately and regretted it ever since.

Same here! Been regretting letting go of the SSC Phase 1 and 2. I can now move on with life :yess:

Man, I think I'm gonna get hook on this series.

If HT decides to produce Fives, Echo, Jesse, and Kix, I'll be in serious trouble with the missus. :monkey4 :lol

Agreed. I prefer the Phase I Rex anyway. I had the original SSC one years ago but sold it and kind of miss it because it looked awesome on display. Still though if they make a Season 7 Ahsoka then this current Rex will definitely be the one to own. That's a big "if" though. I wish they teased her Rex's promo shots. Since they didn't I have a feeling they're just gonna wait and do a RD version instead.

That?s what they want. Print money. Recycle sculpts it?s very easy and quick for them. Why would you want your figures to look out place with animated and realistic? Like displaying comic version of Marvel characters with MCU. Lame.

Agreed. I prefer the Phase I Rex anyway. I had the original SSC one years ago but sold it and kind of miss it because it looked awesome on display. Still though if they make a Season 7 Ahsoka then this current Rex will definitely be the one to own. That's a big "if" though. I wish they teased her Rex's promo shots. Since they didn't I have a feeling they're just gonna wait and do a RD version instead.

As long as I get my airborne trooper (with his chunky helmet) to pose alongside Cody I will be satisfied.

I've sold all my SSC when HT got the license in Asia.
I am also in the "glad they made a realistic sculpt"....but really,i will be just posing him with the helmet on anyways.

Ashoka next please.

Very happy to see this but wish he came with a Phase 1 helmet as well. With that said, like many others, I used to have but sold my old clone captains and commanders so I’m very excited to be able to have both this and Cody. Hopefully Gree and Wolffe at some point as I loved their designs. And a reissue if Anakin would be welcome. Sold him when I came on hard times and had to sell most of my collection. Would be awesome to have him again

What will be interesting is figures that haven't had real live versions yet like Ahsoka or Bo-Katan. Will they make them look like their voice actors? Something generic? I'm sure Anakin and Obi-Wan will be re-released here. Another Maul. I have a feeling The Bad Batch will bed one with realistic faces. It'll be interesting.

What will be interesting is figures that haven't had real live versions yet like Ahsoka or Bo-Katan. Will they make them look like their voice actors? Something generic? I'm sure Anakin and Obi-Wan will be re-released here. Another Maul. I have a feeling The Bad Batch will bed one with realistic faces. It'll be interesting.

Kenobi just sold out so it would have to be an armored version if they do. I can't see Bo-Katan ever happening. It's HT they start a line and rarely go that deep or finish it.

Back