Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the SS one but this looks great and will look amazing alongside Anakin, Kenobi and Cody from Hot Toys. Day 1 for me.

I'm sure they'll base a realistic Ahsoka off some of the realistic pieces of artwork that have been done with her. The Force Arena mobile game had great movie like portraits of younger Ahsoka and older Ahsoka.

Got the SS one but this looks great and will look amazing alongside Anakin, Kenobi and Cody from Hot Toys. Day 1 for me.

I'm sure they'll base a realistic Ahsoka off some of the realistic pieces of artwork that have been done with her. The Force Arena mobile game had great movie like portraits of younger Ahsoka and older Ahsoka.

ahsoka-in-star-wars-the-clone-wars1-e1582211899521.jpg

Whatever they do i hope she is more posable than most of their exsposed arm figures.

Interesting side note that this realistic Rex figure also has the TMS017 TV Masterpiece Series code.

They've really got themselves into a situation here with the animated vs realistic, especially when it comes to fan favourite Ahsoka. I don't think they thought it all the way through somehow.

Personally I think they'll wait on Ahsoka until Mandalorian when she actually has a real life appearance. That will be the older Ahsoka version for The Mandalorian line.

Then I think Ahsoka will get her own show set between end of Clone Wars and The Mando time line. She will be younger there and more in line with the Clone Wars age and look. Then HT can do a Clone Wars realistic version. So it'll be a while.

Plan B would be that they are working busily on a seperate animated look line right now.

P.S For those wishing for an animated head for Rex, the armour is very different in the animated series. It needs to be a totally new figure if people want any sort of accuracy.

Just my 2 cents worth.

P.S For those wishing for an animated head for Rex, the armour is very different in the animated series. It needs to be a totally new figure if people want any sort of accuracy.

That's the appeal of the animated clones for me. The stylized look captures the TCW spirit. Rex Phase 1 in animated style screams of childhood.

I guess from a marketing standpoint, keeping things realistic (pun not intended :wink1:) makes it easier to get more HT Star Wars fans to jump into this line. I would imagine having a completely stylized line will psychologically make it easier for a majority of collectors with realistic Star Wars figures on their shelves to skip this line altogether.

I dig it. Glad they went this route. However, is it just me or does his helmet look small, especially next to Cody?s?

Yes! Day one PO for me. Will look great next to Cody. Surprised there was no tease of Ahsoka in the background of one of the shots.

Will this reveal see the reduction in eBay prices for the SSC version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really torn. I love Rex, but aside from the Tano helmet and some addon's to his helmet, I'm struggling to see the value in "upgrading" from the SS. The armour and helmet does not look any better and the headsculpt is too grizzled for clone wars Rex, I think I actually prefer the phase 2 headsculpt from SS which looks more like a realistic version of TCW Rex (not arguing the sculpt doesn't look like Temura because it clearly does, just that it doesn't look like Rex if that makes sense - and besides, I don't display with the head anyway). Pauldron and pouches look better, but cama looks like a downgrade. I need to pour over some high res pics with my SS Rex in hand...

I'm really torn. I love Rex, but aside from the Tano helmet and some addon's to his helmet, I'm struggling to see the value in "upgrading" from the SS. The armour and helmet does not look any better and the headsculpt is too grizzled for clone wars Rex, I think I actually prefer the phase 2 headsculpt from SS which looks more like a realistic version of TCW Rex (not arguing the sculpt doesn't look like Temura because it clearly does, just that it doesn't look like Rex if that makes sense - and besides, I don't display with the head anyway). Pauldron and pouches look better, but cama looks like a downgrade. I need to pour over some high res pics with my SS Rex in hand...

Completely understand your point of view with owning the SSC version. This is the best time for someone like me who wasn't into collecting when the SSC Rex was first put up and has only been able to drool over the eBay availability and then subsequently cry at the prices lol.

Looks a really great figure.

I have the Sideshow version that I picked up for <100 when it first came out, so I don't see the need to get this too, given so many other figures I still want.

I would immediately dump all SS clones, Grievous, Jango Fett, alien Jedi etc... on Ebay now if I were you.

Completely understand your point of view with owning the SSC version. This is the best time for someone like me who wasn't into collecting when the SSC Rex was first put up and has only been able to drool over the eBay availability and then subsequently cry at the prices lol.

Totally agree. Insta buy if you don't have a Rex.

I legitimately could not care less if they went animated vs realistic for Rex, contrary to many people on here. He's being displayed with his helmet on 100% of the time, plus I would think realistic is just the better choice of the two. Can't relate to the "ugh I love Captain Rex but I NEED his face to look like CG to represent him as my favorite character!" There's nothing special about his face that just needs to be animated, unlike a character like Ahsoka or the Spider-Verse figs. If anything I'm glad he would fit in with other prequel figs. Ahsoka on the other hand, would need to be animated for me to buy. But I doubt they're even making her any time soon, no teasers or anything. All we've seen are clones, for all we know that's all we're getting. Pretty grateful they're finally making him.

Yeah, this is really more for those who missed out or had seller's remorse like me. :lol

I would immediately dump all SS clones, Grievous, Jango Fett, alien Jedi etc... on Ebay now if I were you.

Hot Toys are utterly notorious for not completing gaps.

Chirrut and still no Baze.

So we are not guaranteed all of them.
We might get Fives and no Echo.
Or Bacara and Bly but not Gree and Neyo.

And even if they did all materialise, they will cost ?200+ each. The Sideshow figures where ?60 - ?80 in many cases, and still look superb.

I doubt Hot Toys gets to even half of the Clones that SSC did. We would be lucky to see that Kit Fisto even make it to PO. Let alone the other Jedi like Plo Koon, Ki Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura when we haven't even seen a Mace Windu yet. Even Grievous seems doubtfull at this rate they are going.

There is no point in selling now to wait years and years on pure speculation from a company notorious for not completing lines or taking years to do it.

Then when it doesn't come out, you might end up paying more than what you sold it for.

Back